PDA

View Full Version : Ticking/clicking/rattling noise

rac3r
03-06-2011, 04:54 PM
I have a feeling this is just the noise of the engine as I vaguely remember it from my 620 but I can't be sure.

On the left side around where the little window is you can hear a slight ticking/clicking/rattling noise is this normal?

I know some people had those clutch problems on the S2R8 but the clutch is on the other side. When riding it's hard to listen to because of the exhausts.

(This is probably me just getting used to a Monster again but better safe than sorry :D)

rac3r
03-06-2011, 05:00 PM
Just had a listen again without my helmet on and I'm pretty sure it's just the engine sound.

Sorry! :running:

Albie
03-06-2011, 05:00 PM
I have a feeling this is just the noise of the engine as I vaguely remember it from my 620 but I can't be sure.

On the left side around where the little window is you can hear a slight ticking/clicking/rattling noise is this normal?

I know some people had those clutch problems on the S2R8 but the clutch is on the other side. When riding it's hard to listen to because of the exhausts.

(This is probably me just getting used to a Monster again but better safe than sorry :D)

Your not having much luck so far are you. The clutch is on the right hand side as all off them. The slave is on the left. As you sit on it. Do you mean the alternator window. Be carfeful your alternator nut isn't coming undone. Dont run it until you have checked for christ sake.

Funkatronic
03-06-2011, 05:09 PM
its prob fine but good to know
ur welcome to pop round and hear mine? only in crouch end

Albie
03-06-2011, 05:25 PM
Maybe paranoia setting in. You sound like you need someone to listen to it. If in doubt take it to a mechanic. A ducati mechanic.:thumbsup:

rac3r
03-06-2011, 05:48 PM
Like I said I'm pretty sure it's just normal engine noise. When they set up the idle for me at the service he said it's sounds like it's running good

After I listened to it properly the second time I'm happy to leave it but if I think it's something else I'll head down to Ali to have a listen to his (Looks like I can get there without getting lost :chuckle:)

I have been paranoid like this with all my bikes :D

Albie
03-06-2011, 05:55 PM
Like I said I'm pretty sure it's just normal engine noise. When they set up the idle for me at the service he said it's sounds like it's running good

After I listened to it properly the second time I'm happy to leave it but if I think it's something else I'll head down to Ali to have a listen to his (Looks like I can get there without getting lost :chuckle:)

I have been paranoid like this with all my bikes :D
Good job its not a m600 or ss600. They have that distinct front cylinder slap noise even though they are ok.

Glad you feel better now.:mand::mand:

rac3r
03-06-2011, 06:07 PM
With the 620 it was OMG OMG it's getting too hot! UKMOC say nooo it's normal

With the ZX6 it was tick tick tick oh crap I think the valves need doing $$$$ then mechanic says noo it's normal kwak thing and he was right as I was told the same on the ZX6 forum

I'm a little too paranoid sometimes, I need help! :chuckle: :D

number24
03-06-2011, 06:08 PM
^^ so is that noise normal for an m600?

Funkatronic
03-06-2011, 07:03 PM
its easy mate, just head down the A1 to highgate

you could come along to fatboys tomorrow if you like, i will come on the 800 if you are

and yes number24, piston slap on one of the heads is very common on M600, sounds like its quite broken

rac3r
03-06-2011, 07:43 PM
Yeah I know how to get there as it goes past my old school. Doubt I can make it at the weekend but as said I think it's ok but if not I'll PM you. Thanks for the offer :thumbsup:

Dukedesmo
04-06-2011, 10:09 AM
That's why I wear earplugs, because if not I keep thinking my bike's broken... :chuckle:

PDS
04-06-2011, 09:09 PM
I am reasonably agricultural in nature, my advice ride till it stops, then you have 4 options. fix it, shoot it, burn it, bury it. after either option sit back have a cuppa cha happy days