PDA

View Full Version : sorry and thank you

He11cat
31-05-2011, 10:17 PM
Just wanted to say sorry if I looked miserable and was subdued at the mill..

Id better explain.
I was rough last week and put it down to gastric flu ... but felt better and was nudged into coming.

On arrival I felt rough but not flu rough..
I had the food which was yummy .. then that night I was in serious pain.
by Saturday I was in a lot of pain , when I got back from the hill climb I vanished later because I was doubled up and I took painkillers and hoped for the best.
that night all I wanted to do was get to hospital as I knew something was wrong but didn't want to spoil things or be a pain and ask.
I was looking forward to good food and beer and cheery yak and I felt like death warmed up and went to bed and doubled up in tears.

Sunday still the same nothing was helping..
I can honestly say the worst pain I have ever felt.

On the way home with Grumpy I was feeling rough and decided once home hospital.
I took a turn for the worst later that day and got a cab to hospital.

after xrays and stuff and morphine injection (gosh that made me floaty headed)
I was diagnosed with internal bleeding and stomach ulcer thats bleeding.
I was anemic as well.. and had lost quite a bit of blood.
I am waiting to go back in and have morphine at home at the moment.

I just wanted to say I am so sorry if I was miserable and quiet but I was in agony all weekend and I didn't know what to do.

The bike was a huge shock thank you , but I didn't deserve that.. its only my little old M600 ..and more people have made bigger efforts then me and worked hard.
Even so he is my pride and joy and my most prized belonging and I wouldn't swap that bike for the world.

I am sorry my riding was so crap .. I hope I pick up again soon.
Thanks for the kind words and help, Capo for one a true Gent .
To James for putting up with me in zombie mode.
It was great to finally meet Utopia sorry again for Zombie mode .. thats why I went for a lay down!

I am sorry to Nick ... who when I got back next day I twigged who you where!!!
Now you know why I left my food every time I tried to eat it ended up in agony!
It was great to finally put faces to names.
and see people I have not seen for ages :)

Ive finally had a chance to sink in what I was given and am chuffed to bits ... the gloves are a perfect fit as well.
Wanted to write this before I take my next hit
So sorry to all and thank you Melanie x

He11cat
31-05-2011, 10:38 PM
Oh big thanks To Gutsy for putting up with me and making me laugh :) keep in touch :)

gary tompkins
31-05-2011, 10:41 PM
You did seem very quiet at the weekend Mel. Sorry to hear you were suffering and hope you feel better soon. The BOTY award was well deserved, and your riding was just fine too. I thought you tackled Sundays ride and fish hill really well, considering hectors limited ground clearance and how rough you were feeling.

Great to meet you at the weekend and hope to see you again soon

He11cat
31-05-2011, 10:55 PM
It was lovely to meet you as well..
Your bikes looking great I like black and Orange!!..
Yes I was quiet im so sorry.
I was so looking forward to a good giggle and I was a miserable fecker..
We don't have hills here!!!!.. so it was OMG!!!! whats that!!!!...
oh the bike I followed turned out not to be one of us lol so I over shot the car park went up the road and there was no turn off to turn round it could only be me ....
The balloon hats where brilliant!!

utopia
31-05-2011, 11:42 PM
I'm very sad to hear of your troubles, Mel, and hope very much that you make a fest recovery.
Although I speak as one who hadn't met you before and didn't have a yardstick to judge by, I have to say that you did a very good job in surpressing your misery. Too good, in fact...your health is more important than our fun, but well done anyway.
It was good to finally meet up, and I hope to do so again, soon, and with you feeling much better.

dunlop0_1
01-06-2011, 06:55 AM
Pharmaceutical grade morphine, wonderous stuff. I've had tonnes over the years for my ongoing kidney stones problem.

Bad luck it happened last weekend Mel and I hope you are feeling much better very soon. Colic type pain is just the worst to deal with IMO.

Hopefully may still you at Snett.

singletrack
01-06-2011, 07:28 AM
Well Mel, it was very nice to meet you anyway! I thought you were just shy.
Perhaps we would have won the quiz if you were feeling better ( or I had had less to drink!).

Your bike was great because it was obviously loved.
Take care and keep taking the drugs

A x

J.P
01-06-2011, 07:36 AM
Sorry to hear you were feeling so unwell and kep it to yourself, we'd all have rallied round and looked after you. Get better soon.

And you weren't that grumpy.

alan c
01-06-2011, 07:55 AM
Sorry to hear you was not feeling well. i did not think you lived up to your name :D sorry you suffered in pain but pleased you are now getting sorted.
Your riding was fine, i was in front of you on the ride out and you kept up very well.
You also deserved the award, you have done a lot of that work on that bike just so you can ride it ! good on you girl :spin:

Hope your feeling better soon.

alan c

xxxx

bex
01-06-2011, 08:30 AM
Well done on the prize and get better soon Mel x

scrapps
01-06-2011, 10:04 AM
Mel you silly Billy you don't need to say sorry.
Next time just say your not well and albie or any of the others with cars would have run you to get checked.
Plus we know your bike is much loved and you have made it your own(and so low) it's not about the money spent it's the love and effort put in by the owner. Well done.
You takecare and we will see you soon.

ladybird
01-06-2011, 10:15 AM
Aww bless you, you should have made a bit more of a fuss. I know the feeling of not wanting to let others fun be ruined and feeling that your riding is crap. Which was part of why I stayed behind on the Sunday run, pankillers and paranoia :)
Hopefully they'll sort you out now that the problem is known.
Gentle hugs and maybe you'll come to Belgium and we'll see you on better form then :)

He11cat
01-06-2011, 11:33 AM
Thank you..
Hope your ok Ladybird as your back was giving you real jip wasn't it?
I felt real sorry for you at the picnic lunch.

I am actually shy I tend to try and suss everyone out and then will come out with the odd badly placed comment that was not meant to be funny but comes out all wrong!!...
If I know someone il yak for England.
Once I know people I am fine friends say the naughty giggly schoolgirl at the back.

I did have a good long chat to one of the Belgium's about films which was good.. they are a great bunch.

As for being a Hellcat...
One of my old forum names elsewhere was Hel something .. Hellcat is short for Hels.. and the cat part should be a K .. as I love Suzuki Katanas. Not because I am leary.
Im a big softy at heart. More likely to give you a hug then a scratch :) If I make someone laugh once in a while I am happy.. I like to see people laugh or happy.

Dunlop get well soon .. thats not nice. Yes interesting stuff ... they gave me it intravenously at hospital and suddenly my head just went woooooooo!!!.... I was worried I had been given pethadine as it makes me sick as a dog!!..

The home stuff isn't doing much :( the pain is not crampy but like knifes dragging across.. and I look 8 months pregnant!!!.. like a weeble as swollen up! How foul does it taste!!!!
The one weekend I don't get a migraine ffs... I get this nonsense!
If Grumpy had not have got me there and back I would have never have made it.

Albie
01-06-2011, 02:00 PM
Mel you are a star. I did wonder if this was the real person. I thought you can't be that shy. Maybe you are but you are a wonderful person. You have nothing to apologise for and at least you turned up. There are some members who stay indoors when they live local. I though I had problems feeling unwell in the mornings but nothing compared to you. I have nothing to complain about really but I am uncomfortable for a few hours everyday.

Bike of the year is about something thats spoken about a lot. Its not about money or materials. Its about a love of the bike. Its about character, charm and making something special. Its personal. You seemed to tick every box as far as I see it.

Take care Mel and yes I would have ran you to hospital in the RED ROCKET for sure. I just need a reason to drive it. I think Shuffy go a wee worried with the speed.:biggrin:

rossifumi
01-06-2011, 06:29 PM
Aww get well soon...you will get better x

Kerry
01-06-2011, 07:25 PM
Hi Mel, sorry to hear you not been well. Hope you feel better soon and look forward to seeing ya soon.

Kerry

pooh
01-06-2011, 07:45 PM
Mel
Get well soon and well done on the prize. Apparently the street grade stuff ain't as good and costs a fortune, God Bless the National Health.

Ian

He11cat
01-06-2011, 10:29 PM
lol.... il give the street grade stuff a miss!! .. hmmm I could hang out with that crowd or the Special Brew brigade down the road from me on the bench... or maybe not :)

That bike has given me so much jip in 2 years .. finally we are both happy.. there have been times I have banged my head against the wall and I have been told oh just get another but I couldn't do it.

Ive had a lot of help and members on here have been a huge help ... its only through friends and kindness that I have a bike I love to bits.
He's not what I originally set out to do but I had to make a choice between a working useable bike or just something I liked the idea of..
I had to sell my other bike because it was a streetfighter styled and the problem was I could not carry stuff! So I need a bike I can load up and go with he does all I need him to do.

There's one thing I would love to have done but not sure how ...

The little yellow fella needs some love now...
im itching to ride it but he needs to pay a visit to Karl.. got to get him up there as the belts need doing and it takes me two house bricks under each foot to touch the ground!!!
I have learnt how to lower a monster now thats for sure!! :)
Thanks once again x

chris yeatman
01-06-2011, 10:46 PM
mel, get well soon.
tbh i dont think the prize could of gone to a better person/bike
hope that made u feel more part of the club.
and as others have said, dont be sorry. x

He11cat
02-06-2011, 01:33 AM
Thanks Chris... hope your monster gets sorted soon !

Gutsy
02-06-2011, 04:14 PM
Awww Mel - I'm the one who's truly sorry that I didn't know what agony you were in. You are astounding for keeping it to yourself. I just don't know how you even managed any of the rides being in so much pain. Fingers crossed for a speedy recovery, unless of course you are partial to morphine.

You made my weekend, honestly. I am so thrilled that you won BOTY - like others have said, you were the most deserving of that award. Fingers crossed your cheekiness will come back and then I'll know I've been Hellcatted!!

Get better soon x

revver
02-06-2011, 05:31 PM
ouch hope you are feeling better. Hope to get out to some of these events when kids are a bit older and stuff. congrats on winning too.

He11cat
02-06-2011, 05:41 PM
People have paid for a nice weekend away and it wouldn't be fair of me to moan or expect someone to run about after me so when it was too much ouch I curled up upstairs rather then ruin peoples weekend .. I wanted to do what I could and try and enjoy what I could.
Then I kinda felt bad as did it badly !!
Thanks gutsy I had a great time with you .. You made my weekend :)

as for Revver they grow up .. Not small for long .. Just treat them ok as they get to choose your retirement place .. Hmm Bognor or Eastborne ? .. Or knowing my luck some glue factory lol :)