PDA

View Full Version : Handlebars

tomscotland
28-05-2011, 03:18 PM
I'm looking for replacement handlebars for my 1995 M600 Monster ? Any advice welcomed.

sburrows87
28-05-2011, 03:52 PM
Renthal Ultra Lows are not a bad replacement should go straight on and are nearly the same as standard except maybe a little higher at the ends

dam
28-05-2011, 04:36 PM
Renthal Ultra Lows are not a bad replacement should go straight on and are nearly the same as standard except maybe a little higher at the ends

Thats what i had on my old 600, thoroughly recommended!

tomscotland
28-05-2011, 07:41 PM
Cheers guys - helpful site as ever ! I've just bought a set from an Ebay shop. Now I want those brake / clutch reservoir covers in Chrome that I've seen on other bikes, they look smart and I think they'd be good on mine. Have you ever seen them for a Monster ? I love this bike !

the_adam
29-05-2011, 01:19 PM
Something like these ones? :)

http://www.rizoma.com/en/products-bikes-lines/l:68/fluid-tanks.html

They don't have most of the older monsters listed anymore, but can't see why the reservoirs on an s2r would be that different

Headhunter
29-05-2011, 02:22 PM
Out of interest what grips have you gone for (if any)?

BTW, i've got the Renthal (wide ones) and they're fantastic. IMO, can definitely notice the difference.

Duc600mon
30-05-2011, 05:53 PM
I am after something almost standard but a bit wider, are the Renthal ultra lows any wider than the standard bars?

tomscotland
04-06-2011, 12:23 PM
That's them fitted and they're a bit lower than the bars which had been on the bike and which I assume were the standard silver bars. They seem about the same width as the other bars as well and look pretty good on the bike.
The brake and clutch reservoirs are oblong shape and are held with four screws (which I'm still trying to get out wthout rounding them - I've been dousing them in WD40 over the last couple of days but they still won't shift ) and I hoped I'd be able to get nice shiny chrome tops instead. Maybe even just chrome covers ? I've not found any yet.

utopia
04-06-2011, 12:41 PM
You could try giving the screws a sharp tap on their ends with a suitable punch (a screwdriver bit, perhaps) and hammer. This will often jar the corrosion loose.

kaysee
05-07-2011, 12:19 PM
Tomscotland. Did you drill the bars or cut the lugs off the throttle and switch gear?