PDA

View Full Version : Discount leathers/end of line

steeevvvooo
23-05-2011, 09:27 AM
So, the leathers I treated myself to yesterday are now sold out! I ordered from onyerbike online last night, but it appears the last pair were sold over the weekend and it was an end of line item.

I'm looking for recommendations of places to buy from. The suit I tried to buy was the Alpinestars RC1 in red/black/white, reduced from £800 to £400. I'm open to either black, or a not too lairy red suit. 2 piece preferred, but may try 1 piece. Looking at Alpinestars, Arlen Ness, Dainese etc up to around the £400 mark so ideally end of line stock or last seasons to get myself a bargain! May stump up a little more if it's a good suit.

(Missed out on a brand new Arlen Ness suit on ebay which I was outbid in the last 5 seconds! Went for £230, which I would have paid in excess of. Lesson learned… bid to your max in the last few seconds!)

J.P
23-05-2011, 09:39 AM
Surely a man like yourselF deserves a bespoke suit made to measure ?

I was in Hideout Leathers in Essex on Saturday buying some new stuff and had a look though some of their made to measure pictures while I was there. I think when my current suit wears out, or I get too big for it, I'm going to go for a made-to-measure suit to fit my 'unique' body shape. :)

steeevvvooo
23-05-2011, 09:48 AM
Ha, I just can't resist value! :)

The Arlen ness fit me like a glove. I turned up to try it on, and the bloke said "you won't get into that", but I did! It was a medium he had bought for his missus but she never went out in it!

Custom sounds great, but can imagine it's pricey :( Was also hoping to have something for the TT in just over a week

Char
23-05-2011, 09:56 AM
Always have a selection here but it can be a bit pot luck

http://shop.georgewhite.co.uk/motorbike-clothing/motorcycle-suit.html

steeevvvooo
23-05-2011, 02:34 PM
Thank Char. Decided to invest in some new boots rather than leathers for now. My current leathers will do the job until I have another twitchy ebay finger day. :on:

I have some of these bad boys winging their way to me…

http://shop.georgewhite.co.uk/puma-1000-v2-3064-shadow-boots.html

At least they are the same colour as my leathers. Brown boots and black leathers looked odd… ;) :gay:

Mr Cake
23-05-2011, 02:55 PM
Try to avoid a 1pc for road/leisure riding. They're just too impractical.

C

J.P
23-05-2011, 03:26 PM
I have some of these bad boys winging their way to me…

http://shop.georgewhite.co.uk/puma-1000-v2-3064-shadow-boots.html

Very Star Wars Steve.

Gordon H
23-05-2011, 05:46 PM
Always have a selection here but it can be a bit pot luck

http://shop.georgewhite.co.uk/motorbike-clothing/motorcycle-suit.html

Have a good rumage through - and don't go by the size on the hanger as they don't alwys describe the size of the item suspended thereon......

Mand
23-05-2011, 06:58 PM
Try to avoid a 1pc for road/leisure riding. They're just too impractical.

C

Unless you want to do an impression of a power ranger.... And never want to go for a wee

Mr Cake
23-05-2011, 06:59 PM
Have a good rumage through - and don't go by the size on the hanger as they don't alwys describe the size of the item suspended thereon......

That's often my excuse! "Yeah Dainese are always on the snug side..." :chuckle:

C

steeevvvooo
23-05-2011, 07:16 PM
errr, thanks for all the advice. But...

As usual, I haven't taken it! :mand:

Just bought a 1 piece Alpinestars Charger suit of eBay. Was too cheap to turn down. Just praying it fits now or I'm a bit knackered! :banghead:

Mr Cake
23-05-2011, 07:33 PM
Then if it does fit you've got to worry about that Delhi-belly that's rumbling away miles from anything close to resembling a gents bog! It's a helluva do trying to get them off!

C

steeevvvooo
23-05-2011, 07:39 PM
I know, I haven't thought it through properly... as usual! :twak:

I might even just keep it for the track, but don't tell the missus as she'll kill me for wasting money again! ;) (and I've only ever done 1 track day)

My theory was that while at the TT, having a 1 piece would mean I can wriggle out of the top half, and not have to worry about carrying a jacket around. Maybe the Puma race boots will hamper my comfort and mobility too... but again, I haven't really thought those through either!! :D:look:

Mr Cake
23-05-2011, 08:11 PM
Well if you thought everything through you'd have gone out and bought a new car instead of a bike. And yer can't carry on like that, can yer? :D

C

Mand
23-05-2011, 08:22 PM
Ooo you rebel.. have an ace time on the island too say hello to john and guy for me

steeevvvooo
23-05-2011, 09:32 PM
Well if you thought everything through you'd have gone out and bought a new car instead of a bike. And yer can't carry on like that, can yer? :D

C

Almost did on Sunday... until I was told my PX price! :thumbsdown:

I think I'm actually a shopaholic, just for gadgets/bike stuff/cars/bikes etc. ;)

And Mand, I'll tell them you said hi! :thumbsup:

digga
12-06-2011, 08:19 PM
. Lesson learned… bid to your max in the last few seconds!)

NO... bid to your max first off you won't beat the 'sniper' software..

if it go's for more than your max - it matters not !! You couldn't afford it anyway :banghead:

steeevvvooo
12-06-2011, 08:48 PM
I use the sniper software! ;)

Lots of people don't bid their max first time, so sniping doesn't give them chance to enter a bidding war with you.

If you lose after putting your maximum bid in with sniper software... then fair enough