PDA

View Full Version : s2r/s4r termis mid pipe joint

Funkatronic
09-05-2011, 04:48 PM
Got a set of termis that dont seem to sit in the right position (too close to the tyre for my liking) reckon it can be sorted if the pipes can be roatated a bit but the link pipes seem to be stuck fast an im loathed to force them in case i damage them

how do the link pipes (that would come from cat or decat pipe) attach to the silencers?

is it a friction mount (using firegum of similar to seal) or are they threaded where the pipes meet the back of the silencers?

cheers
ali

Albie
09-05-2011, 04:55 PM
On my shotgun ones they were about 5mm from the tyre. They were ok as were rigid to the frame. Mine were a tap in fit and had to be removed to removed the wheel. Whats known as MID RISE. They had a clamp too. One never used to sit right and that sadly seems to be a Termignoni trait :eek:
Gently tap and twist with a rubber mallet gently pulling as well. Dont overdo it. A gentle persuasion is what's wanted. Failing that some pictures where the problem lies.

sburrows87
09-05-2011, 05:04 PM
Also Ali, maybe spray some penetrating oil into the joint - has loosened up pipe joints for me before (WD40 would work though not as good as well) :)

S4R Dude
11-05-2011, 09:01 AM
Bottom can on mine was close to the tyre.

I grabbed it with a firm hold...leaned back bending the support bracket and now it fits lovely.

Mind you i also had to change the number plate as the pipes blow out straight on to the rear of the legal plate melting the backing. Now i have a more appropriatly sized plate that allows the gasses to shoot straight past.