PDA

View Full Version : Not my week

bex
06-05-2011, 09:24 AM
Weekend in wales with very scary front brakes – pulsing brake lever, bike throwing all over the place when front braking

Monday in mid wales – snapped key

Tuesday - Metropolis being narky about getting me a replacement key

Wednesday – down to Rosso C for some very thorough inspection, new front tyre, new pads, swapped master cylinder and lever just in case. No joy

Thursday – back to Rosso C to get my own lever etc back on. Brakes still buggered. Replacement discs hopefully coming my way in a week or so – looks like a problem with the surfaces of mine as they show all the signs of being warped, but aren’t warped

Friday – supposed to be riding up to Hampshire after work, woke up to find this pleasant sight

http://i15.photobucket.com/albums/a370/rjbecs/tyre-1.jpg

I’ve been in better moods! :rolleyes:

JerryT
06-05-2011, 09:31 AM
I wrote a note in my diary today: simply said: 'Bugger'

Just not your week is it Bex? At least you discovered the nail before riding the bike again tho'...

:(

Chin up my hearty

bex
06-05-2011, 09:34 AM
Well actually that pictures taken outside the office as I noticed it was very flat when I left my flat and needed to get to work! Went to petrol station as its only across the road and was filling it up when I spotted the bloody big nail. Nevermind, rode it in, hoping to go to RC for a new one today sometime if possible. Need to blow some air into it again to get me there though. Garrrrrrrrrrr.

buzzbomb
06-05-2011, 09:47 AM
Bex you'll just have to learn to be more gentle and stop treating the bike like its a man...:chuckle::chuckle::chuckle:;);)

bex
06-05-2011, 09:51 AM
Treat 'em mean keep 'em keen Geoff!

J.P
That's a bummer of a week.
Hopefully a new set of discs and a new tyre will help you get over it.

Why are Metropolis being their usual ar*e about the replacement key ?

scrapps
Still look on the bright side with the week you have had things can only get better ?
Hope it's all sorted soon.

JerryT
06-05-2011, 09:53 AM
At least you should be able to get that repaired as the nail is right in the centre of the tread...

bex
06-05-2011, 09:55 AM
Yep, could always be worse! :)

Closest I got to an explanation from Metropolis was that it was very rare, and wouldn't be a warranty item. If I wanted to pursue it as a warranty item I'd have to come in a show them the bike. I just cant be bothered with them to be honest.

Could get it repaired, but the tyre has started to flatten off and was going to change it in a month or so anyway, so I may just put a new one on now. I just need a good excuse to be missing from my desk for a couple of hours :scratch:

slob
06-05-2011, 10:13 AM
Bad luck usually comes in 3s, you've managed 5 this week, please buy me a lottery ticket, your luck has to improve any minute.

I had to replace my neutral switch last weekend and my starter sprag is dead this morning (worked last night)... what's next?!

bex
06-05-2011, 10:18 AM
Just stay away from BMWs!

samieb
06-05-2011, 10:21 AM
That'll be ouch then Bex. Ohwell atleast you noticed it before a long trip. Best Wishes for changing your Luck. Sounds like you'll be needing it.. :)

J.P
06-05-2011, 10:23 AM
If my 'Starter Sprag' was dead, I'd stay in bed.

slob
06-05-2011, 10:30 AM
Just stay away from BMWs!

Damn right, the car drivers are all blind and the motorcyclists just want to bore you to death.

bex
06-05-2011, 10:43 AM
True :chuckle:

Have to say riding through the city the last few nights has reminded me how badly people drive. My daily bimble around Regents Park and past Camden is normally eventful enough but central london rush hour is something else. People dont even think to look around them changing lanes, some bikers are almost as guilty as car drivers... :dunce:

slob
06-05-2011, 10:48 AM
...some bikers are almost as guilty as car drivers...

yeah but they don't live very long

bex
06-05-2011, 10:52 AM
Neither will I with a Fireblade wedged into my side!

Grumpy
06-05-2011, 11:29 AM
Neither will I with a Fireblade wedged into my side!

How is Stuart? Lol

If you want to get away from your desk, you could always help me finish of the kitchen I'm fitting in Sutton!!:spin:

uksurfer
06-05-2011, 11:32 AM
hope it all improves Bex, ride safe :thumbsup:

JerryT
06-05-2011, 12:06 PM
You go steady up there and keep 'em peeled! :eek:

Funkatronic
06-05-2011, 12:12 PM
chin up bex,
deep one for a friday
It’s my belief that history is a wheel.”Inconsistency is my very essence” -says the wheel- “Rise up on my spokes if you like, but don’t complain when you are cast back down into the depths. Good times pass away, but then so do the bad. Mutability is our tragedy, but it is also our hope. The worst of times, like the best, are always passing away”
Boethius

Liz
06-05-2011, 01:02 PM
Sorry to hear of your troubles Bex - hope you get everything sorted soon!

bex
06-05-2011, 02:55 PM
Now thats what I call a work out. Still, it got me to Rosso Corse, Ray and Marcus to the rescue (again). 2 new tyres just a day apart.... I dont even want to think about what bad luck #6 could be.

Made me laugh... as I sat on Euston road in traffic some bloke winds down his window "ere love you have a nail in your tyre"....... Oh thanks, how convenient then that I have this giant pump strapped to my back today!

http://i15.photobucket.com/albums/a370/rjbecs/hardwork.jpg

Char
06-05-2011, 03:08 PM
Hope that's the end of it Bex, had titanium implants and stitches in the roof of my mouth today if that makes you feel any better :scratch:

bex
06-05-2011, 03:10 PM
I'm surprised you didnt go for billet....?

Hope you arent in too much pain x

J.P
06-05-2011, 03:22 PM
And would Carbon have been lighter and have more flex for when you natter ?

Char
06-05-2011, 03:28 PM
[QUOTE=rjbex;389003]Now thats what I call a work out. Still, it got me to Rosso Corse, Ray and Marcus to the rescue (again). 2 new tyres just a day apart.... I dont even want to think about what bad luck #6 could be.

Made me laugh... as I sat on Euston road in traffic some bloke winds down his window "ere love you have a nail in your tyre"....... Oh thanks, how convenient then that I have this giant pump strapped to my back today!

What a shame theres not pic of that - I'm fine plenty of prescription pain killers , ice cream & M&M's

Funkatronic
06-05-2011, 06:07 PM
still

bad ass bike you got there bex :cool:

Rally
06-05-2011, 06:12 PM
Glad to see you're now sorted Bex. Are you making it to Hampshire this weekend now then?

gary tompkins
06-05-2011, 06:32 PM
Hope that's the end of it Bex, had titanium implants and stitches in the roof of my mouth today if that makes you feel any better :scratch:

http://www.metrokitty.com/blog_files/cborg.jpg

chris yeatman
06-05-2011, 07:01 PM
Bex, bad luck on ya bike, think i've had ya 6th bad luck.................................still, u've still got a bike!! lol

bex
06-05-2011, 07:23 PM
No, in fact I've had #6.

What is with these crappy plastic bodyparts? :freak:

http://i15.photobucket.com/albums/a370/rjbecs/photo.jpg
Not quite sure how that happened, either carrying pump, though I'm sure it wasn't touching bike, or tail pack without sheeting under it. What a bastard.

Did it around the seat cowl screws ages ago too, rubbish paint finish I have to say.

Yes rally am now in Hampshire.

buzzbomb
06-05-2011, 07:45 PM
Time to start the carbon look Bexs...;);)

gary tompkins
06-05-2011, 07:51 PM
The game's up Bex

I've sussed that you are grooming the 796 for the 'Rat Bike' award at Arrow Mill

chris yeatman
06-05-2011, 08:07 PM
The game's up Bex

I've sussed that you are grooming the 796 for the 'Rat Bike' award at Arrow Mill

i think r be doing a liz photo shoot this year at the mill, lol