PDA

View Full Version : Fuel tank & rearsets for 620ie

rendo
04-05-2011, 07:25 PM
As per title, preferably yellow in good condition but would consider any colour.

For a 03 M620ie, there is one on eBay for daytona, but it has a different part number and is listed as year 05-07, anyone no the difference or whether it would fit ok

Also looking for rearsets for use with high level cans, no need to have pillion pegs.

Had a small off tonight, not hurt myself but bike took a bit of a knock as you can probably tell

Funkatronic
04-05-2011, 07:32 PM
is your tank metal or plastic?

rendo
04-05-2011, 08:02 PM
is your tank metal or plastic?

current tank is metal.

Scotty
04-05-2011, 08:23 PM
damage beyond a repair ~:?

slob
04-05-2011, 08:40 PM
05-07 is probably plastic, the pump fitment is completely different, you need a metal tank unless it comes with all the other bits attached

rendo
05-05-2011, 12:42 PM
I guess it could be repaired but its a sizeable dent, and only 6months after i had the other side repaired.

£1300 from Ducati for a new tank. couldj ust about buy another bike for that and have lots of spares. i've possibly located a tank in ebay in italy, but i'm not too keen on these long distance purchases, and its a lot of dosh for an ebay puchase.
Is there a market for breaking these bikes if replaceing the tank becomes unfeasible.

utopia
05-05-2011, 01:21 PM
You'll find a tank on ebay if you're patient.
I bought a nearly mint one for £120 not so long ago.
There are a number of different types though, even in the metal versions.
Some identifying features are :-
Width of land around fuel cap hole....either 2cm or 1cm.
Size of radius at front, pointy bit of seat.....either about £2 coin size, or much smaller, more like 1p coin.
Detail around front near ign lock...some are smooth, some have a marked seam.
In each case, the first/second types go together, ie 1cm land @ fuel cap hole, small radius @ seat, marked seam @ front, all go together....and I think thats the type you want.
Some steel tanks have internal pump and filter, which is different type again.
Most, if not all, have date of manufacture stamped on them...usually on the rear hinge bracket. Also beware of leaks in that area, very common apparently.
I'd steer clear of trying to replace with a plastic tank, due to the ethanol rotting previously mentioned. Probably wouldn't fit easily anyway.
I went through the whole process of finding a correct replacement a few months ago, so the details are still fresh. Shout up if you need any more info.