PDA

View Full Version : S2r Rear Shock

dam
03-05-2011, 05:43 AM
Hi all, can you recommend a rear shock for a S2r 800, does anybody have anything for sale? or know anybody who does?

Cheers

singletrack
03-05-2011, 06:56 AM
I had a Wilbers shock on my S2R. It was great and adjusted for my weight and riding style when ordering.

http://wilberssuspension.co.uk/
Very good value for money :thumbsup:

Gilps
03-05-2011, 07:02 AM
I use a Nitron and really rate it highly. There are several in the range from the basic road version up to full race type. They are all the same build quality though and have the same internals. The only difference between them is remote adjusters. I didn't need the remote adjusters so kept the cost down by going for the basic road version. I think it was around £300.

Funkatronic
03-05-2011, 12:59 PM
stafford has a top end ohlins for sale i think

but otherwise nitron and wilburs are top notch kit , as good if not better than ohlins imho and better value for money when bought new

if you dont carry a pilion, the basic models without remote adjusters etc are fine, if you carry a pillion remote preload adjuster is very useful but will add £150 to the price of the shock

talk to the niton and wilburs people and they will select a spring and oil suited to your weight

dam
03-05-2011, 02:29 PM
Does anybody know if another bikes shock will fit ie 749, 999 or an SS model?

Funkatronic
03-05-2011, 06:41 PM
s2r is a fussy beast
many of the other shocks from ducatis eg 749, 999 have an external canister either on a hose or conjoined to the shock body which will get in the way of the frame or swingarm on the s2r
even the s4rs ohlins wont fit as the frame has been crimped to allow for the canister to fit

afaik (and someone please correct me if im wrong as i often am :-) only ohlins model that will fit is the basic (no extras) DU321 (will fit 620 695, m1000, s4 most post 2001 old shape monsters bascially) or DU 333 top end beastie with remote preload and cannister

the st4s shock fits (this is the one stafford and i have) this has remote preload and remote gas cannister and you may find the spring is a bit severe if your light

dam
04-05-2011, 03:31 PM
Cheers for the info guys!