PDA

View Full Version : Kent UKMOC @ Brands in June Possibly

Albie
29-04-2011, 10:09 AM
Hi guys . Just spoke to Al at Proteam Ducati. He wondered whether we wanted a stand at the Modified Live event at end of June. 25th and 26th is the date
I reckon we could get a variety of our bikes together in a stand to promote the club. PS other counties welcome of course. More the merrier.

There is a chance of track time as well.

I will be liaising with Al who is the clerk of course at the event so please give me your thoughts and help me try to arrange something. It gives us free inside parking and the chance to promote the club.

If we could get 1 bike of each model that would be great too and MODIFIED too. So thats you GT :biggrin:

Link for tickets
http://ticket.motorsportvision.co.uk/calendar/2011/june/260611-modified-bh.aspx

Kato
29-04-2011, 10:12 AM
I'd be up for that Albie, let me know what I can do to help.....

alan c
29-04-2011, 10:32 AM
Sounds great Albie, would be good for the club. please obtain more details so we can get together.

steeevvvooo
29-04-2011, 10:52 AM
I'm interested. What's the date?

Pomp1
29-04-2011, 12:03 PM
Up for that Albie

Albie
03-05-2011, 10:31 PM
Thanks for the response. The Date is June 25th and 26th@ Brands Hatch Circuit in Kent.
I'm on the case and making inroads to the powers to be. I will be chatting to some kentie's about it this weekend but we need your bikes. If we are attending a Modified festival then we should take modified if possible. Not against standard but all bikes will be considered and we would also appreciate the company.

Heres the link for the show.
http://www.modifiedlive.co.uk/page.php?a=5&s=105&p=77

I guess we need :-
volunteers to help
volunteers for bikes
some kind of marquee or gazebo with sides. Any borrow is good :D
Banner, flags, cards.
Barriers.
I have 2 rear paddock stands ( dual and single sider and one front.)

Bikes
M900 the god of the monster family
M600 /M750
M620/695/800
M1000
S4/S4r or RS
S2r
M696
M796
M1100

Please let me know if you want to and can help me.

Modified = racer, body, engine, components on show, customised, adapted.

Rally
04-05-2011, 05:15 AM
Albie, You seem to have missed the Diavel off your list! :D :D :D

J.P
04-05-2011, 06:58 AM
Sorry I'll be away

gary tompkins
04-05-2011, 08:31 AM
Sorry Albie - only just picked up on this thread. I need to check for diary clashes but would like to support this event. May have options on a marquee to borrow through another club, and I'll make enquiries. Would need a van or estate car for transportation as it's pretty large. Do you know how big a pitch the club has been allocated? Having run the Kent NABD stand at rallies for 6 years in the past - it's surprising just how much room the bikes and stall will need. Will exibitors get free passes to the event?

scrapps
04-05-2011, 10:41 AM
More than happy to bring my shiny shiny m900ie and offer a hand in any way possible.
Off to see al later to brop my bike for a service.

steeevvvooo
04-05-2011, 11:19 AM
I appear to be free that weekend, and am happy to donate my bike if needed. I appreciate there are a few S2R's though so I won't take offence if I'm dumped for a prettier model! :biggrin:

Happy to hang around the tent and talk rubbish to people as well, although I wouldn't want to put people off the UKMOC! :ukm:

Stafford
04-05-2011, 11:21 AM
Just need to check the calender, but I'd up for this. As long as I have enough modifications. :freak:
Also please nobody tell Gordon that he rides the "god" of Monsters, he'll be even more insufferable!

Liz
04-05-2011, 09:11 PM

Oh, I wonder why?!!!

uksurfer
04-05-2011, 10:56 PM

Oh, I wonder why?!!!

because having tassles hanging of your handlebar ends is not really a 'mod'

Stuart42
05-05-2011, 07:29 AM
Hi Albie

I can do the Sunday if that helps?

Cheers
Stuart

jimbo696
05-05-2011, 08:22 AM
Albie,
Sounds like a good event. I am available if you need help.

BigOz
05-05-2011, 11:48 AM
I'll be available on the 25th but was thinking of going to the Ducati Roadshow on the 26th June - Rye Harbour- East Sussex to see if I can get a Monster 1100 evo test ride.

Albie
08-05-2011, 06:54 PM
Hi guys. A few things were discussed today about the info we have received so far. We can have tracktime thats 3 x 15mins and thats free to s and being sponsored by Ducati Proteam. We are wanted to attend so lets do it. We can have a pitch the size we need on 1 or 2 days.
We as Kenties will try and do both days and any other bikes who wish to join us can either do 1 or both . We will try and help you out as much as possible.
What we need from you is to pay for your entry along with us and decide when you want to come.
We aim to just show our bikes and answer any questions and promote the UKMOC club and the Ducati brand.
We also wold like to get photo boards of past events made up whether National or Regional.

This is an event which you are paying for so we expect you to have a nice day and not all sit around the bikes. What we want to do is take turns and do maybe an hour morning and afternoon.
There is camping if you want to as well.
If you have info on your bike of mods please compile it and laminate it for the public to view.
Any other suggestions are gratefully received as I have never done any of these events myself other than having the bike borrowed.

Please add your name to the list if you want to show and what days.

Thanks

Albie m1100s sat/sun

Rally
08-05-2011, 08:30 PM
Albie,
I would have loved to have come and support this, but unfortunately i'm away on holiday that week. I hope it goes well for the UKMOC. I will speak to you at the Weekender about the banner(s) I have that may be of use to you.

Capo
08-05-2011, 08:39 PM
I could fit this in. Will I be able to camp over on the Friday night.

Albie
08-05-2011, 09:07 PM
I could fit this in. Will I be able to camp over on the Friday night.
There is camping there as its the official circuit. I doubt you will be alone.

scrapps
09-05-2011, 11:18 AM
I am happy to do either or both days and think camping at the track would be a great idea.
Count me in for this fantastic chance to promote the club see loads of modified cars and bikes plus have a weekend camping at Brands. (also some chances to ride your bike round the track)

Come on guys and girls its a great chance to promote the UKMOC and show off your bikes

please Help this event happen by contacting Albie and lending your support.

gary tompkins
09-05-2011, 12:30 PM
Albie,

Can you confirm the dates for this? the 24th and 25th are Friday and Saturday, and I'm sure you said at the cafe it's a Saturday/Sunday event. I need to know exactly which dates we need to borrow equipment for.

(EDIT) just spotted revised date further down thread - can you please correct title to avoid confusion?

I've spoken to my friend Andy in the St Johns and hes been very helpful. They have two 6x3m and one 5x 2.5m marquees to loan. He may also have options on tables and chairs if needed. The bonus is these are currently stored at Brands Hatch in the St. Johns garage, so transportation won't be a big problem. I'm hoping to meet Andy at brands in the next couple of weeks (Tuesday evenings) to sort details. Do you want to meet me there or maybe take Alan as he's local?

Any cash donation to St Johns Ambulance for tent hire is optional - but would be appreciated

alan c
09-05-2011, 02:09 PM
Thats great Gary, just let me know when you are going.

Albie
09-05-2011, 02:39 PM
Albie,

Can you confirm the dates for this? the 24th and 25th are Friday and Saturday, and I'm sure you said at the cafe it's a Saturday/Sunday event. I need to know exactly which dates we need to borrow equipment for.

(EDIT) just spotted revised date further down thread - can you please correct title to avoid confusion?

I've spoken to my friend Andy in the St Johns and hes been very helpful. They have two 6x3m and one 5x 2.5m marquees to loan. He may also have options on tables and chairs if needed. The bonus is these are currently stored at Brands Hatch in the St. Johns garage, so transportation won't be a big problem. I'm hoping to meet Andy at brands in the next couple of weeks (Tuesday evenings) to sort details. Do you want to meet me there or maybe take Alan as he's local?

Any cash donation to St Johns Ambulance for tent hire is optional - but would be appreciated
Gary thanks mate that will be great for us to have it local to hand. Gratetful to them. Maybe we can have a charity box at hand to help raise some dosh.
If its next tuesday onwards I would be happy to come along as long as we pass the Pied bull on the way home.
So thats another one ticked.

scrapps
09-05-2011, 04:02 PM
Thats a result thanks Gary.
If i am camping at the the show I have two tents one two man and a 3/4 man tent so happy loan out/set one up for others to stay.

Albie please check what the deal is on camping at the site If you talk to them before me.

Albie
09-05-2011, 04:06 PM
Just spoke to Glen who's running the show. We as a group can have 3 or maybe 4 x 15 minute sessions for around 20-25 UKMOC bikes. If we dont have that amount then they will allow Ducatis to fill the spaces. This will be like a trackday rule of leathers,gloves and all usual regular rules. Gary T will also be allowed and if not with us he WILL be allowed on his own.

This is to be paid for by Ducati Proteam .

Camping is available for £15 on top of weekend ticket and there are showers etc.
You can book advance tickets or I believe its £22 on the gate.

Do we want grass or concrete/tarmac for or tent ?

I am provisionally booking eight tickets for our stand so please help me out and get some names down.

scrapps
09-05-2011, 04:11 PM
Just spoke to Glen who's running the show. We as a group can have 3 or maybe 4 x 15 minute sessions for around 20-25 UKMOC bikes. If we dont have that amount then they will allow Ducatis to fill the spaces. This will be like a trackday rule of leathers,gloves and all usual regular rules. Gary T will also be allowed and if not with us he WILL be allowed on his own.

Camping is available for £15 on top of weekend ticket and there are showers etc.

I am provisionally booking eight tickets for our stand so please help me out and get some names down.

Scrapps and Heather

gary tompkins
09-05-2011, 05:21 PM
Scrapps and Heather
GT

gary tompkins
09-05-2011, 05:26 PM

Great news on the track time. Would prefer to do it with the group if possible rather than feel like billy no mates.

I'll ask Andy what the best surface for pitching tent is. Grass is normally better for anchoring using tie downs and H/Duty pegs, but on concrete you'll need heavy weights or drums full of water as ballast. The tent will take off in winds unless secured in some way.

Albie
09-05-2011, 05:51 PM
Great news on the track time. Would prefer to do it with the group if possible rather than feel like billy no mates.

I'll ask Andy what the best surface for pitching tent is. Grass is normally better for anchoring using tie downs and H/Duty pegs, but on concrete you'll need heavy weights or drums full of water as ballast. The tent will take off in winds unless secured in some way.
I reckon you will be allowed on with us as technically we are parading sort of .
I said initially grass Gary to Glen but I have some 4x 3 boards if necessary which we can use and dump if damaged.

alan c
09-05-2011, 06:01 PM
looking good Albie, as you said think grass pitch would be better. i will have to borrow some leathers to go on track !

uksurfer
09-05-2011, 06:26 PM
Albie
Scrapps and Heather
GT
UKSurfer
Char
Alan C

BigOz
09-05-2011, 06:37 PM
Albie
Scrapps and Heather
GT
UKSurfer
Char
Alan C
BigOz

Albie
09-05-2011, 06:50 PM
Albie
Scrapps and Heather
GT
UKSurfer
Char
Alan C
BigOz

Thanks guys can I ask you to let me know weekend or sat or sunday.

Albie Weekend
Scrapps and Heather Weekend
GT Weekend
UKSurfer Weekend
Char Weekend
Alan C Weekend
BigOz

Albie
31-05-2011, 05:36 PM
Hi guys. I know some names went down but its now happening in just over 3 weeks time.

I want to know if your still coming and what days. The track time is happening but I have been asked what day do you want it. Saturday or Sunday. I would obviously like both but I want the majority of people to have it on the day they come.

You need to be thinking of booking your tickets too. I have booked 4 weekend passes for GT,AlanC, Scrapps and heather, Me and another, Uksurfer,Char.

Albie Sat/ Sun Confirmed
GT Weekend
UKSurfer Weekend
Char Weekend
Alan C Weekend
BigOz
Kato ?
Stuart42 Sunday ?
Capo weekend ?
Stafford?
Liz ?
Stevoo ?
Jimbo696 ?

slob
31-05-2011, 05:58 PM
Would love to come but can't commit since have a big job on over that weekend (otherwise I'd have gone to LVC's rideout at Le Mans) Sunday is a 'mopping-up day', so if all goes well Fri night/Saturday will try to come along on 26th.

alan c
31-05-2011, 06:16 PM
its also the Modified bikes we need !

slob
31-05-2011, 06:17 PM
they're pretty much all modified one way or another

Albie
31-05-2011, 06:47 PM
Would love to come but can't commit since have a big job on over that weekend (otherwise I'd have gone to LVC's rideout at Le Mans) Sunday is a 'mopping-up day', so if all goes well Fri night/Saturday will try to come along on 26th.
If you can make it thats great. More the merrier and 3 x 15min track times.

Albie
31-05-2011, 06:48 PM
its also the Modified bikes we need !

Not compulsory but we have some. Like slob said most are. We could modify them with balloons :D:running::running:

number24
31-05-2011, 06:49 PM
I could well be up for this. Is that 3 x 15 min track sessions with a weekend pass? Or per day? How do i sign up?

Albie
31-05-2011, 07:01 PM
I could well be up for this. Is that 3 x 15 min track sessions with a weekend pass? Or per day? How do i sign up?

Well I have been asked which day we want . If I get more want to do one day than other I would try to make it that day. We have room for 25 bikes to go on the track. If we dont fill the places its open to other ducatis. No it s not get a weekend pass to do it unless you want to come. Its worth it for the entry fee. We are basically being treated but we have to make a show of ourselves. That costs nothing.

You can get a ticket online or on the day but try to let me know if your coming for numbers please. Glen NEEDS to know.

Capo
31-05-2011, 07:07 PM
Count me in, I will be there for the weekend

Albie
31-05-2011, 07:09 PM
Count me in, I will be there for the weekend

Thanks. Can you book ticket online and you may want to do the camping soon too. Follow the link. Any problem I can point you in the right direction.:thumbsup:

Albie Sat/ Sun Confirmed
GT Weekend
UKSurfer Weekend
Char Weekend
Alan C Weekend
BigOz
Kato ?
Stuart42 Sunday ?
Capo weekend confirmed and camping
Stafford?
Liz ?
Stevoo ?
Jimbo696 ?
number24

number24
31-05-2011, 07:29 PM
Sunday would be better for me, but if the track time will be on the Saturday then ill get the day off work.

Bascially - Track time on saturday ill do both days
Sunday - Ill only be there Sunday.

Half Pint
31-05-2011, 07:59 PM
I have a near standard M600 if you still need bikes, its apart at the moment but should be back together in time.

Albie
31-05-2011, 08:06 PM
I have a near standard M600 if you still need bikes, its apart at the moment but should be back together in time.
We want bikes and people. Yes do what you can to be there. Let me know. Modified or stock

Albie Sat/ Sun Confirmed
GT Weekend
UKSurfer Weekend
Char Weekend
Alan C Weekend
BigOz
Kato ?
Stuart42 Sunday ?
Stafford?
Liz ?
Stevoo ?
Jimbo696 ?
number24 one day
Half pint possible for a day

Unit 18
01-06-2011, 07:18 AM
Just to give you an idea of what's going on over the weekend........

http://modifiedlive.co.uk/page.php?a=5&s=81&p=77

Also, if you've ever wondered what goes on in race control, pop over and say hello (cakes always welcome).

BigOz
01-06-2011, 08:01 AM
I'll be available all weekend now.

Albie Sat/ Sun Confirmed
GT Weekend
UKSurfer Weekend
Char Weekend
Alan C Weekend
BigOz Weekend
Kato ?
Stuart42 Sunday ?
Stafford?
Liz ?
Stevoo ?
Jimbo696 ?
number24 one day

Half Pint
01-06-2011, 08:06 AM
just checked the calender and looks empty so only being 20 minutes from Brands i can do the whole weekend.

bex
01-06-2011, 08:29 AM
Albie Sat/ Sun Confirmed
GT Weekend
UKSurfer Weekend
Char Weekend
Alan C Weekend
BigOz Weekend
Kato ?
Stuart42 Sunday ?
Stafford?
Liz ?
Stevoo ?
Jimbo696 ?
number24 one day
Bex - weekend

number24
01-06-2011, 10:44 AM
http://vimeo.com/18474091

Do i just book online through the regular booking system, or do i use the car club booking form?

Alastair

scrapps
01-06-2011, 11:12 AM
I think Albie is booking a small block of tickets so you can check with him first if not just book via the normal booking on the web.
I am getting 4 tickets and after chatting with some of the people who run this event i am looking forward to the weekend. Loads of stuff to see and do in the day and also loads of stuff in the evenings for people staying on site.:yoparty: :yoparty: :yoparty:

Go on guys and girls put your names down and lets make it a weekend to remember....
(please confirm numbers asap as we need to let them know)

number24
01-06-2011, 11:26 AM
Sod it, count me in for both days.

EDIT: Weekend pass booked!

scrapps
01-06-2011, 11:29 AM
Sod it, count me in for both days.

That's the spirit, look forward to seeing you at Brands.

Stuart42
01-06-2011, 11:31 AM
Hi

Count me in for Sunday please

Cheers
Stuart

scrapps
01-06-2011, 11:54 AM
Hi

Count me in for Sunday please

Cheers
Stuart

Cheers Stuart. :woot:

If people need more info please just ask on this thread or PM me or Albie and we will do our best to get the info to you.:scratch:

Shuffy
01-06-2011, 11:56 AM
Albie Sat/ Sun Confirmed
GT Weekend
UKSurfer Weekend
Char Weekend
Alan C Weekend
BigOz Weekend
Kato ?
Stuart42 Sunday ?
Stafford?
Liz ?
Stevoo ?
Jimbo696 ?
number24 one day
Bex - weekend
Shuffy - Saturday only

scrapps
01-06-2011, 12:03 PM
Albie Sat/ Sun Confirmed
Scrapps and Heather Sat/sun and camping
GT Weekend
UKSurfer Weekend
Char Weekend
Alan C Weekend
BigOz Weekend
Kato ?
Stuart42 Sunday ?
Stafford?
Liz ?
Stevoo ?
Jimbo696 ?
number24 one day
Bex - weekend
Shuffy - Saturday only

Davidg1230
01-06-2011, 12:05 PM
Will try and make it for Sunday, will check with the boss and see if I free that weekend. We didn't get the the Historic Masters series at Brands this year, so I'm owed a trip down to Kent:spin:

Looking forward to meeting you all:thumbsup:

EDIT: Bugger, just realised I'm in Bradford all that week and weekend at a public consultation......:grump:

number24
01-06-2011, 12:52 PM
Albie Sat/ Sun Confirmed
GT Weekend
UKSurfer Weekend
Char Weekend
Alan C Weekend
BigOz Weekend
Kato ?
Stuart42 Sunday ?
Stafford?
Liz ?
Stevoo ?
Jimbo696 ?
number24 WEEKEND!!
Bex - weekend
Shuffy - Saturday only

steeevvvooo
07-06-2011, 08:45 PM
Albie Sat/ Sun Confirmed
GT Weekend
UKSurfer Weekend
Char Weekend
Alan C Weekend
BigOz Weekend
Kato ?
Stuart42 Sunday ?
Stafford?
Liz ?
Stevoo probably all weekend
Jimbo696 ?
number24 WEEKEND!!
Bex - weekend
Shuffy - Saturday only

will have a read through the thread later when I'm being less lazy and see what's going on, but I should be around

Albie
09-06-2011, 03:52 PM
I really need to get some official numbers who are deffo coming from those who have not got back in touch. You also need to have ordered your tickets too.
Also have you booked your camping. Apparently its limited.

Remember this is a free track time for us so lets not miss out. Its just 2 weeks away tomorrow

Char
09-06-2011, 03:59 PM
I've booked the hotel - does that count?

slob
09-06-2011, 04:39 PM
I will have to pay for Sunday on the day, if I finish my weekend's work on Friday/Saturday
Sorry I can't be more specific

Albie
09-06-2011, 04:51 PM
I've booked the hotel - does that count?
Yes it does thanks
I will have to pay for Sunday on the day, if I finish my weekend's work on Friday/Saturday
Sorry I can't be more specific
Thats ok. Im worried people will pull out or forget.

bex
09-06-2011, 04:54 PM
Can anyone help with how to book please? Ta

Albie
09-06-2011, 05:02 PM
Can anyone help with how to book please? Ta

Link to tickets.

I have preordered 8 weekend tickets. If you want some off me you need to pay me but hurry before they go.

bex
09-06-2011, 06:38 PM
Having just confirmed I should have new brake discs very soon (HOOOORAYYYY :yoparty:), yes please Albie I'll take weekend tix. Pm me about payment?

Where are those hotel'ing it staying? Suppose its not too difficult to bimble down from home each day, an hour or so?

Sorry for the million questions.

Albie
09-06-2011, 06:53 PM
Having just confirmed I should have new brake discs very soon (HOOOORAYYYY :yoparty:), yes please Albie I'll take weekend tix. Pm me about payment?

Where are those hotel'ing it staying? Suppose its not too difficult to bimble down from home each day, an hour or so?

Sorry for the million questions.

Ok I will sort that out.

I have 2 less now but I need 2 so 4 left less AlanC so thats 3. Im good at maths ain't I better than spelling restaurant :mand::mand:

chris yeatman
09-06-2011, 08:01 PM
i mite turn up on sunday, bike and weather permitting.

bex
09-06-2011, 08:31 PM
102dB at Brands is the that correct. Hmmm, wonder if I'll be ok?

chris yeatman
09-06-2011, 08:48 PM

have u got a db noise test apps on ur phone?

Albie
09-06-2011, 08:50 PM
have u got a db noise test apps on ur phone?

I wouldnt be worrying about that for now. I will check with Al at proteam

Char
09-06-2011, 09:11 PM
Booked in at the Hilton Dartford, about 6 miles from the track - I know they are fully booked for the Friday & Sunday nights

Capo
09-06-2011, 09:35 PM
I have sent them an e-mail about the camping.
Could I get one of your weekend passes please Albie

Albie
09-06-2011, 09:49 PM
I have sent them an e-mail about the camping.
Could I get one of your weekend passes please Albie
I could yes but I do wonder if it would be easier if you got your camping ticket at same time. I wont be there until Saturday Morning at 07.30 busy putting the marquee up. Up to you though.

Capo
09-06-2011, 10:05 PM
No worries, I'll wait for the reponse to my e-mail

scrapps
10-06-2011, 09:09 AM
Capo I have just emailed Modified to get details of camping on the Saturday night, it looks like you need to buy a vip ticket that includes camping.
are you stopping Friday and Saturday night ?

gary tompkins
10-06-2011, 09:30 AM
Link to tickets.

I have preordered 8 weekend tickets. If you want some off me you need to pay me but hurry before they go.

Albie, I've just pre-ordered a weekend ticket for Saturday and sunday. Won't be camping though as it's only 15 mins for me to drive home from Brands.

Booked in at the Hilton Dartford, about 6 miles from the track - I know they are fully booked for the Friday & Sunday nights

Didn't they have any space in the Thistle Hotel at Brands circuit?

Char
10-06-2011, 10:04 AM
£189 at Thistle no brekkie
£73 at Hilton with brekkie

Unit 18
10-06-2011, 10:33 AM

105db static, I can get it tested for you if you're unsure (MSA scrutes) and there is a drive by at Brands.
Regards, Al.

gary tompkins
10-06-2011, 10:54 AM
Looks like I'll be leaving the Db killers in on trike then

Open WRP cans would probably be over 105db

uksurfer
10-06-2011, 11:21 AM
ordered my tickets today for the show

Unit 18
10-06-2011, 11:54 AM
Looks like I'll be leaving the Db killers in on trike then

Open WRP cans would probably be over 105db
There are also two on track microphones which are the one's that normally trip people up!

number24
10-06-2011, 12:00 PM
I am so excited for this!!!! Get to show off my bike AND go around a track. I might bring my dB killers just in case though...

My weekend pass came the other day in the post, my exhausts are polishing up very nicely (actually silver now) and the scuffs and scrapes from the ped are coming out slowly!

:D :D :D

Funkatronic
10-06-2011, 07:28 PM
dont know why but i only just picked up on ths thread

might well be able to do both days if you still need help

both My S2R's are quite modded now

Unit 18
15-06-2011, 10:48 AM
http://www.modifiedlive.co.uk/userfiles/image/Brands%20Timetable%20saturday.jpg

http://www.modifiedlive.co.uk/userfiles/image/Brands%20Timetable%20Sunday.jpg

scrapps
15-06-2011, 11:10 AM

It will be great to have you along.:thumbsup:

PM/speak Albie for more details and info.

I will offer and info etc I can.

number24
15-06-2011, 12:32 PM
Where are we meeting at 7am on the Saturday? (and dont say 'at brands hatch')

Char
15-06-2011, 12:55 PM
Wont be up there that early ! - Maybe 10 ish

Albie - Weekend
Scrapps and Heather - Weekend - camping
GT Weekend - snug in his own bed
UKSurfer Weekend - Hilton
Char Weekend - Hilton
Alan C Weekend
BigOz Weekend
Kato ?
Stuart42 Sunday ?
Capo Weekend - camping
Stafford?
Liz ?
Stevoo probably all weekend
Jimbo696 ?
number24 WEEKEND!!
Bex - weekend
Shuffy - Saturday only

Capo
15-06-2011, 03:17 PM
I have not heard back from them about the camping.
Albie did you get my email?

scrapps
15-06-2011, 03:36 PM
Camping is Friday and Saturday night and you need to buy a vip pass for the weekend @ £45.00
I am not camping now as 3 of us were going to camp on the Saturday night but thats a extra £45.00 to camp for one night..... cheaper to travel back or book a travel inn :eyepopping:

Its a shame as I was looking forward to staying the night :Furious:

bex
15-06-2011, 03:39 PM

Ali I'll be hoofing it down from London both days if you want ride down together.

Albie, did you find out anything from Al about noise levels etc?

gary tompkins
15-06-2011, 03:49 PM
105db static, I can get it tested for you if you're unsure (MSA scrutes) and there is a drive by at Brands.
Regards, Al.

Alan at Proteam posted this reply

bex
15-06-2011, 03:58 PM
Doh, thanks GT. I'll look into getting tested, cheers.

scrapps
15-06-2011, 04:00 PM
105db is quite high you should be fine rjbex only seen one bike fail it at brands and it was silly loud.

bex
15-06-2011, 04:03 PM
I like that reply Scrapps :biggrin:

Capo
15-06-2011, 04:18 PM
Do we know where said tent will be located? I would like to ensure easy access with the trailer.
I might just book the travel lodge in Dartford for the Sat Night.
Do we have to be there at 7?

Unit 18
15-06-2011, 04:33 PM
105db is quite high you should be fine rjbex only seen one bike fail it at brands and it was silly loud.

Yep, don't forget most track days are 95db but as this is a race day it's 105db.

Funkatronic
15-06-2011, 05:44 PM
brands is 101db normally
the 796 with open termis passed fine when i did the gp circuit the other week

Ali I'll be hoofing it down from London both days if you want ride down together.

Albie, did you find out anything from Al about noise levels etc?

cool will pm you my details to arrange

which day are we on track?

number24
15-06-2011, 07:55 PM
Depending on what time we are to be meeting I might jump on the London travel bandwagon as I'm just up in Finchley?

alan c
16-06-2011, 08:07 AM
Some of us Kenties will be getting to brands early to set up. the rest of you can follow on, best to just go straight to Brands and ride in and find us. we should have UKMOC banners up etc.

J.P
16-06-2011, 08:14 AM
Take pictures please.

alan c
16-06-2011, 08:19 AM
Will do, have a great trip, see you at Mallory

Unit 18
16-06-2011, 08:32 AM
Glen had a meeting at Brands yesterday where he was informed (even though this was agreed a month ago) that you will have to go on circuit behind a safety car.
This is because their insurance now requires them to place Recticel (if you're free to circulate) at several corners, which can't be done because it will take an hour to place and remove it. We can't leave it in place because the MSA won't allow it on circuit with cars.
I'm really sorry guys, but you will still get several laps in each session and we'll arrange some other prizes to make up for it.
I'll also make sure you get good coverage on the PA.
Regards, Al.

J.P
16-06-2011, 08:34 AM
Can you ask the safety car to go really fast for them ?

uksurfer
16-06-2011, 08:41 AM
i will head down there after breakfast, sometime whenever

Unit 18
16-06-2011, 08:41 AM
I'll make sure there's someone that can pedal driving it!

uksurfer
16-06-2011, 08:43 AM
would it not be easier and safer if the safety car followed from a 'safe' distance? :thumbsup:

bex
16-06-2011, 08:45 AM
I like Martins idea!

alan c
16-06-2011, 08:50 AM
Glen had a meeting at Brands yesterday where he was informed (even though this was agreed a month ago) that you will have to go on circuit behind a safety car.
This is because their insurance now requires them to place Recticel (if you're free to circulate) at several corners, which can't be done because it will take an hour to place and remove it. We can't leave it in place because the MSA won't allow it on circuit with cars.
I'm really sorry guys, but you will still get several laps in each session and we'll arrange some other prizes to make up for it.
Regards, Al.

Thanks for the update Al, just to confirm the track time is Sunday.

Looking forward to a great weekend, thanks for all the info :thumbsup:

scrapps
16-06-2011, 09:00 AM
Regards, Al.

That ok Al. I have been to Brands 6/7 times to do trackdays and Paddock hill would catch a few people out if not careful.
I am sure the safety car will keep a good enough pace to keep us happy.

Thanks again for sorting the track time. :flag:

Unit 18
16-06-2011, 09:31 AM
Thanks for the update Al, just to confirm the track time is Sunday.

Looking forward to a great weekend, thanks for all the info :thumbsup:

Yep Sunday, last year we 6500 spectators and 80 degrees.....I'll have the F1 on in race control if anyone wants to look in. :spin:

bex
16-06-2011, 12:46 PM
Is it more of a parade lap then or are there still a few sessions?

Not sure whether to go!
Ta

Unit 18
16-06-2011, 12:53 PM
As I said, it will be several laps, in two sessions but behind a safety car.

bex
16-06-2011, 12:56 PM
Ok thanks for clarifying Al!

Unit 18
16-06-2011, 01:32 PM
Are you guys going to take on the car clubs in tug of war and uphold the honour of bikers everywhere? :idea:
Details of how to do it and what else is on here. http://modifiedlive.co.uk/page.php?a=5&s=81&p=77

gary tompkins
16-06-2011, 01:55 PM
Pity about the pace car

I had to google Reticel to find out what it was

http://www.safeguardbarriers.co.uk/

Char
16-06-2011, 02:15 PM
Does that mean if they're not going to let us crash we dont need to have zip together or one piece leathers :rolleyes:

Unit 18
16-06-2011, 02:19 PM
Not for the tug of war.....unless that's what you're into. :thumbsup:

Char
16-06-2011, 02:23 PM
Not for the tug of war.....unless that's what you're into. :thumbsup:

Dont - you'll start GT off

Unit 18
16-06-2011, 02:26 PM
I'll get Glen to check exactly what they require.

Unit 18
16-06-2011, 02:27 PM
I think flip flops and Hawaiian shirts may be a no though.

Char
16-06-2011, 02:58 PM
Darn - thats my Ducati hot pants out the window

Albie
16-06-2011, 04:57 PM
I appreciate all the effort you have put in Al and Glen to give us the track time. Its the first time I have ridden around brands on a bike but I know the circuit well on Need for Speed Shift. Somehow I wont be doing sub 46 secs .
I never intended to appear here because of a track session it was because of the event and gathering of friends so it wont spoil my day. Those pace cars shift btw.

Thanks for all your doing.

gary tompkins
16-06-2011, 05:01 PM
Does that mean if they're not going to let us crash we dont need to have zip together or one piece leathers :rolleyes:

I'll leave the tyre warmers at home.. and just bring the leg warmers

Dont - you'll start GT off

http://1.bp.blogspot.com/_RranHYOABZw/SYwc_aPJL3I/AAAAAAAAAqw/EwnnvmxRaSw/s320/Tug-o-War.jpg

Albie
17-06-2011, 04:18 PM
Im starting to look forward to it now. I did hear that the weathers meant to be nice too thank god. Lets hope so eh. My tickets arrived I think but no-one home to sign for them. They include vehicle passes too I think. I reckon between us we can bring along certain food stuffs if we get together so we have enough to feed the starving. Will be on the phone later to discuss this.

Anyone coming can you get together some info about your bike and old photos and stuff and maybe laminate. If you cant you could email me it on a document A4 size and I will print and laminate.

steeevvvooo
18-06-2011, 08:30 AM
ticket booked for both days, with Shelley also coming on Saturday (maybe in the car, I assume there's some car parking?)

not sure what time I'll get there, but am flexible all weekend so somone (Albie/Scraps) just tell me when.

gary tompkins
18-06-2011, 01:01 PM
Got my 2 day tickets in the post Friday

chris yeatman
19-06-2011, 09:52 PM
mite turn up for one day, guessing i can pay on the gate., in the car tho.

alan c
20-06-2011, 10:03 AM
Hi Chris, yes you can pay on the gate, would be good to see you.

Unit 18
21-06-2011, 10:52 AM
Haven't had a definative answer from Brands yet so I think it's safest to say that you'll need both parts of your licence an zip together/one piece leathers.
Look forward to seeing everyone.
Al.

uksurfer
21-06-2011, 12:39 PM
weekend tickets arrived :-)

scrapps
21-06-2011, 01:42 PM
Cheers Al.

Got race suit so not a problem.(going to be a tight fit due to the extra 1.5 stone i put on:thumbsdown:)

Looking forward to a good weekend :spin:

Unit 18
21-06-2011, 02:35 PM
1.5 stone, I can put that on in a week!
Me a ....few....years ago, when I could fit on a bike!

http://i97.photobucket.com/albums/l226/Laguna1972/img026.jpg

Unit 18
23-06-2011, 07:51 AM
Don't want to tempt fate, but it's looking scorchio for sunday.....:woot:

scrapps
23-06-2011, 08:56 AM
Yep I have seen that :mand: looking forward to the weekend :flag:
Bring your sun glasses as the shiny one will be dazzling in the sun light:eek:

uksurfer
23-06-2011, 09:36 AM
mine needs a good wash'n'wax, hope the weather stays dry for the duration, looking forward to it. :mand:

Char
23-06-2011, 09:48 AM
mine needs a good wash'n'wax:mand:

Ummm - which one?

uksurfer
23-06-2011, 09:49 AM
not sure yet - red/white or blue? :biggrin:

number24
23-06-2011, 11:18 AM
Hope the weathers good tomorrow, wash n wax and cone filter fitting is planned!

scrapps
23-06-2011, 11:52 AM
Hope the weathers good tomorrow, wash n wax and cone filter fitting is planned!

Number24 are you coming to the Modified live.... do you have tickets sorted

BigOz
23-06-2011, 12:00 PM
My tickets are here and the Monster is clean. I should be able to get there good an early to help setup, as I just have a visitor ticket can I get in earlier than the 09:00 gate opening?

Andy

scrapps
23-06-2011, 12:11 PM
My tickets are here and the Monster is clean. I should be able to get there good an early to help setup, as I just have a visitor ticket can I get in earlier than the 09:00 gate opening?

Andy

Not sure,the tickets Albie got came with passes.
Give us a call when you arrive and we should have a pass we can get to you.

gary tompkins
23-06-2011, 01:05 PM
We need to meet the guys from the St Johns at Brands to collect the tent at 07.45

So some of us will have to be on site early

number24
23-06-2011, 02:48 PM
Number24 are you coming to the Modified live.... do you have tickets sorted

Yes I am coming, my tickets arrived a couple of weeks ago :D.

She'll be all polished up and ready to go!

alan c
23-06-2011, 06:34 PM
We need to meet the guys from the St Johns at Brands to collect the tent at 07.45

So some of us will have to be on site early

Albie and I will be there at 7.30 to collect tent etc

Albie did you get email about pitch position ??

Albie
23-06-2011, 06:51 PM
Albie and I will be there at 7.30 to collect tent etc

Albie did you get email about pitch position ??

Will check in a mo and forward and copy paste details on here where relevant.

Modified Live - Car Club Map, Spectator Timetable & Info

Hello! = )

Are you all ready for this weekend?

Just a little up-date for you all . . .

Arrival times and entry points
Friday – Camping cars only from 3.00pm and must use the Main Brands Hatch entrance
Saturday – All Car Clubs can arrive from 07.00am and must use the Scratchers Lane entrance - Must be on the Club Stand stand by 9.00am
Sunday – All Car Clubs can arrive from 07.00am and must use the Scratchers Lane entrance - Must be on the Club Stand stand by 9.00am

Public Track Time
Enquire in the Mega Store at Paddock Hill Bend regarding buying track time
All drivers must wear a crash helmet and long sleeve, long trousers and hard shoes (Trainers are OK)
If drivers do not have a crash helmet then Brands Hatch can hire these at £10.00 per on the day
All drivers must bring a valid driving licence – Both parts

Camping
You may take your car from your Club Stand back to the camping area only after 6.00pm on Saturday

Albie
23-06-2011, 08:24 PM
Ok mate I have your info for Sunday re the Track Parades, details as follows:

Your 2 x parade lap timings on track are12.45pm and 3.05pm on Sunday 26th June.

Your sign on, briefing and assembly area will be at the Outer Paddock Scrutineering Bay, see attached map for the route to and from your stand.

For the 12.45 session you need to sign on and have a briefing at 11.00 so please ensure you get the guys who are going on-track down there at this time, you do not need to take your bikes.

When it’s time to go on-track for the 12.45 session you need to be at the scrutineering bay for 12.30 with your bikes, when you have your briefing the chap will let you know the route to get there.

For the 3.05 session you need to sign on and have a briefing at 2.00, this is only if you did not sign on and have a briefing for the earlier session.

For the 3.05 session you need to be back at the scrutineering bay for 2.45 with your bikes.

The parade laps will consist of 3-4 laps behind the safety car which will be at a pace of around 60-70mph.

Apparel all rides must wear:

Crash helmet

Gloves

Boots

Leathers – either one piece or zip together

You Club Stand is on tarmac and you will be inbetween the Pirelli tyre truck and some trader, this is as close as we could get you to the Kentagon/Sign On building as we know you have to transport the gazeebo from the Kentagon, there is tarmac behind your stand and a fence line so if you need to secure your gazeebo you can do it here.

We are so sorry that we could not get the full track sessions for you guys but I assure you that we will work on this for the future. The timescale for the moving of the Rectosel was the issue that restricted the full sessions and we will see what we can do for the next one, that’s assuming you enjoy this one of course ha ha

We look forward to seeing you and the guys on the weekend and have a safe journey down to us J

alan c
23-06-2011, 08:34 PM
Thanks for posting info Albie

uksurfer
23-06-2011, 08:41 PM
going to have to get a move on saturday morning!

steeevvvooo
23-06-2011, 08:48 PM
weekend pass arrived. So I'm assuming I need to get to Brands for 8.30? No idea where scratchers lane is? :worried:

Going to bring a change of clothes so will need to leave my leathers on the stand somewhere (or hide them around the back of the tent).

Albie
23-06-2011, 08:51 PM
weekend pass arrived. So I'm assuming I need to get to Brands for 8.30? No idea where scratchers lane is? :worried:

Going to bring a change of clothes so will need to leave my leathers on the stand somewhere (or hide them around the back of the tent).
Scratchers Lane is round the back. As you come up the hill nearly opposite the speed camera is a turning on your left which takes you round the back to the Paddock

alan c
23-06-2011, 08:52 PM
Hi Steve,

we will have a couple of cars on site so ok to put leathers in for the day etc.

Scratchers lane is the turning on the left half way up gorse (death) hill, just before speed camera, it goes round the back to the paddock entrance.

steeevvvooo
23-06-2011, 09:17 PM
got it, thanks. Quick google search brought it up :banghead:

Need to get back from work tomorrow while it's still light and hope it's not raining so I can clean the bike :chuckle:

Albie
23-06-2011, 09:19 PM
got it, thanks. Quick google search brought it up :banghead:

Need to get back from work tomorrow while it's still light and hope it's not raining so I can clean the bike :chuckle:

Plenty of time on saturday at event. Clean them all if you want.:chuckle:

steeevvvooo
23-06-2011, 09:21 PM
ha, not likely. Although, Shelley will be there on Saturday and she has little hands (great for cleaning the white wheels!!)

£10 a bike...

scrapps
24-06-2011, 09:08 AM
We will be bringing a car with a table and tea and coffee making gear.
Also will bring a couple of stands for the bikes and chairs if i can fit them in the car.
See you bright and early Saturday:spin:
Don't forget to bring a info sheet for your bike if poss listing the mods and Photos of before and after if you can.

uksurfer
24-06-2011, 09:46 AM
i'm sure Albie will be avaliable for bike cleaning too, bring your cloths!

scrapps
24-06-2011, 01:50 PM
If your unlucky he will be offering a topless bike washing service :eyepopping:

Char
24-06-2011, 01:52 PM
If your unlucky he will be offering a topless bike washing service :eyepopping:

Can we pay him not to please

BigOz
26-06-2011, 05:20 PM
Hi,

I've had a great weekend my thanks to everyone involved but in particular to Al for the invite, the space for the stand and complimentary activities especially the Drift Taxi rides and the track time. Thanks to Albie, Scrapps, Heather, AlanC and GT for all their work arranging things and providing the Tea, Coffee, water and food.

Seeing Steeevvvooo's impromptu grass-track experiment ended safely was a highlight!

Andy

number24
26-06-2011, 05:26 PM
What an awesome weekend! Sign me up for next year right now!

J.P
26-06-2011, 06:08 PM
Has Stevo been trying to make a new route round Brands ?

slob
26-06-2011, 06:18 PM
What an awesome weekend! Sign me up for next year right now!

What are you doing this Friday?

steeevvvooo
26-06-2011, 06:27 PM
thanks as well to all involved. It wouldn't have been the same without the sun shelter and tea table (with sandwiches, cakes etc :thumbsup:)

As for my "excursion"... I went in too fast/poor line on Graham Hill, saw the rumble stips, and straightened up. Ran straight across the grass and re-joined about 50mn further on! :look:

Considering it was a "parade" lap, I was pretty impressed with the effort, but could have been embarrassing stacking it!! I promise to be more sensible on Friday at Mallory :o

uksurfer
26-06-2011, 06:48 PM
A big thank you to Albie for organising this for us with Al from Proteam/Unit 18

Really made us feel welcome and gave us drift car rides and tracktime.

Thanks to GT for sorting out the SJA marquee tent, Scrapps and Heather and Alan C for the tea coffee sandwiches and cake refreshments all weekend.

And Shuffy for donating me some leathers!

I'll be coming to Kent again :woot:

:ukm:

http://i34.photobucket.com/albums/d125/Uksurfer/Modified%20Live%20Kent/DSC01394.jpg

'If you didnt go, you missed out' 'Albie'

Albie
26-06-2011, 08:51 PM
I was merely the person who put his head up above the parapet to get shot but never did. Purely because the event was dry other than getting there on saturday and the people who turned up got a reward for contributing their bike and person to the event. I believe we promoted the club well and showed that once again the people in this club want a good time and also give generously to the St Johns Ambulance even though not required too.

Thanks for doing that Gary but I had it in my head to ask but you made my life easier.

I was very tired getting home and went out for dinner with Rally and Jaq. Thanks mate for dinner and your bike now looks so much nicer even though it was nice anyhow.
Before I forget the guys who came from hampshire and wiltshire and staying over cheers..

Nearly hit a ton on the straight btw. well into the 90's but I am too slow in the corners but just enjoyed the chance. Parade by fu$$ing 4rse :biggrin::biggrin:

Look forward to more photos soon.
:ukm::ukm::ukm:

Rally
27-06-2011, 12:18 AM
What a fantastic day had by all. Well done to all who had a hand in the organising and to the drift taxis etc like has been said before.
Shame Pirelli didn't have some bike tyres though as many of us look like we are somewhat closer to needing some now! I'll post a picture tomorrow......... :)

Good to have dinner Alb's and thanks for the new colour scheme. :thumbsup:

alan c
27-06-2011, 07:23 AM
Thanks everyone for a Fantastic weekend :ukm:

A big thank you To Al for inviting us and all his hard work making sure we had a great time

Thanks to the Kenties for all your hard work organising (you know who you are)

Thanks to everyone for coming and making it such a succesfull weekend

hopefully we will be back next year.

scrapps
27-06-2011, 08:25 AM
WOW what a grrrrreat weekend.
Thanks to everyone who came and to Al,Glen and all the Modified live staff for making us all so welcome :hail:
Also thanks to the MSV guys it the pace car for looking after us all and for getting faster in the second session (plus letting a few of us have a bit of a play.):flag:

Rally
27-06-2011, 10:12 AM
A few pictures from yesterday.
Caroline ready to go 'Drifting'

http://i786.photobucket.com/albums/yy142/UKMOC-Rally/BrandsHatch5.jpg

Just the one cloud in the sky, lovely....

http://i786.photobucket.com/albums/yy142/UKMOC-Rally/BrandsHatch7.jpg

The UKMOC stand.

http://i786.photobucket.com/albums/yy142/UKMOC-Rally/BrandsHatch6.jpg

We did try to;

http://i786.photobucket.com/albums/yy142/UKMOC-Rally/BrandsHatch4.jpg

Especially this man we found loitering around......

http://i786.photobucket.com/albums/yy142/UKMOC-Rally/BrandsHatch9.jpg

And we did do a few 'Parade' laps, okay, we tried hard to impress...............

http://i786.photobucket.com/albums/yy142/UKMOC-Rally/BrandsHatch10.jpg

Albie
27-06-2011, 03:30 PM
I never took many photos due to the lack of a good camera which is still on the bucket list.

some here though
Chars Tank

http://i97.photobucket.com/albums/l209/albies4/UKMOC%20bike%20pics/brandsmodifiedlive2011011-1.jpg

Vitimin AlanC

http://i97.photobucket.com/albums/l209/albies4/UKMOC%20bike%20pics/brandsmodifiedlive2011006.jpg

http://i97.photobucket.com/albums/l209/albies4/UKMOC%20bike%20pics/brandsmodifiedlive2011004.jpg

http://i97.photobucket.com/albums/l209/albies4/UKMOC%20bike%20pics/brandsmodifiedlive2011003.jpg

http://i97.photobucket.com/albums/l209/albies4/UKMOC%20bike%20pics/brandsmodifiedlive2011001.jpg

http://i97.photobucket.com/albums/l209/albies4/UKMOC%20bike%20pics/brandsmodifiedlive2011002.jpg

http://i97.photobucket.com/albums/l209/albies4/UKMOC%20bike%20pics/brandsmodifiedlive2011005.jpg

J.P
27-06-2011, 03:36 PM
Is that Jenson Button behind Gary & Alan in the last picture ?

Albie
27-06-2011, 03:48 PM
Is that Jenson Button behind Gary & Alan in the last picture ?

Might be yes. Oh no actually he was in Valencia at the time of pic. Its Alistair AKA number24

Char
27-06-2011, 03:49 PM
This looking at blokes backsides theme is getting worrying, along with the tight grip on the chair/........

http://i1218.photobucket.com/albums/dd401/Char66/brandsmodifiedlive2011001-1.jpg

http://i1218.photobucket.com/albums/dd401/Char66/068-1.jpg

gary tompkins
27-06-2011, 09:10 PM
My full set as slideshow here..

http://www.flickr.com/photos/38816868@N04/sets/72157627062713176/show/

Albie
27-06-2011, 09:34 PM
My full set as slideshow here..

http://www.flickr.com/photos/38816868@N04/sets/72157627062713176/show/

Great pics Gary and thanks also Char for taking some great ones too.

:hail::hail:

chris yeatman
27-06-2011, 10:28 PM
top pics guys, r be there next year!!!

number24
28-06-2011, 12:09 AM
What are you doing this Friday?

Working... :(

scrapps
28-06-2011, 11:35 AM
Fantastic photo's Gary. Its great to see your bike going around the track :woot:

gary tompkins
28-06-2011, 12:06 PM
I got a text from Andy thanking us for the donation to St. Johns Ambulance

The UKMOC whip round raised £40

scrapps
28-06-2011, 01:15 PM
I got a text from Andy thanking us for the donation to St. Johns Ambulance

The UKMOC whip round raised £40

It was very nice of them to let us use the shelter and it was a life saver on Sunday in that heat.

Albie
28-06-2011, 02:26 PM
It was very nice of them to let us use the shelter and it was a life saver on Sunday in that heat.

It was good of them. I was looking on the internet for pop up gazebo's and wondered if the Kent posse' wanted to invest in one just a 3m x 3m for future events and for borrowing if you need within the group. Dont think we need a bigger one due to carrying in car. Any other region attending same event could add too ours. Around £80 with sides and water filled leg weights cost around £20 for four. If we all chipped in a £10 each.
Events like Ferrari in T Wells, Southbourough Italian bike and car day, Popham, and then your trackdays etc. Good to have just a shelter for sitting out of rain or sun.

I dont mind borrowing but nice to have our own at times and some include a banner with club name on.

Albie
28-06-2011, 03:03 PM
I found this on the tube. Someone kindly filmed it. Its just as I remember. I could almost smell the burning rubber :D:D:D

http://youtu.be/9H1ZI_UFMPg?hd=1

And some pics from modified live site

http://www.modifiedlive.co.uk/page.php?a=3&s=157&p=157

Rally
28-06-2011, 03:20 PM
Two pictures of our bikes lined up as well. :thumbsup:

Albie
28-06-2011, 03:23 PM
Two pictures of our bikes lined up as well. :thumbsup:
Your old red one

That no one new about LOL

Char
28-06-2011, 03:24 PM
Shame there's no pics of Steve's impersonation of how to pose half naked over a bike - oh well maybe next year

Rally
28-06-2011, 03:29 PM
Your old red one, that no one knew about LOL

It is the one they focused in on in the tank line up shot, good job, it's the only picture I have of it in red when I owned it! Still, I love the RS colours I now have. :thumbsup:

steeevvvooo
28-06-2011, 04:05 PM
Shame there's no pics of Steve's impersonation of how to pose half naked over a bike - oh well maybe next year

thank God for that!!

bex
28-06-2011, 04:20 PM
Nice bike Rally!:eek:

gary tompkins
29-06-2011, 01:02 AM

I've got a few shots of Dave ;)

Rich750Dark
29-06-2011, 09:19 PM
Nice to meet some of you on the Sunday. Great weather, great venue! Hopefully make it down to one of the meets at some point.

steeevvvooo
29-06-2011, 10:03 PM
Good to meet you too Rich. You're more than welcome to come to the Kent meets on 2nd Sunday of the month if you fancy a day out!

gary tompkins
29-06-2011, 11:51 PM
Hi Rich, were you the guy that came to the stall as we were packing up?

I was the guy that gave you the UKMOC card if it was

number24
30-06-2011, 07:38 AM
If i remember correctly, Rich is part of the Suffolk group and was down there for the D1RC championships.

JohnS
30-06-2011, 11:39 AM
Hi all,

hope I'm not breaking any rules by posting in here. I was one of track side photographers there on Sunday, predominantly for the Time Attack cars. I'd never taken photos of bikes before, so thought I'd try and get a bit of practice in - you all certainly seemed to be having fun, particularly in the second session :)

I apologise if the photos aren't brilliant, as bikes are small and faster moving than cars and I was playing with different settings to see what worked best. Hopefully I got at least one of each of you on track:

http://www.flatoutphotography.com/gallery3/DMBH

http://www.flatoutphotography.com/gallery3/var/albums/DMBH/BH111716.jpg

http://www.flatoutphotography.com/gallery3/var/albums/DMBH/BH111717.jpg

http://www.flatoutphotography.com/gallery3/var/albums/DMBH/BH112153.jpg

http://www.flatoutphotography.com/gallery3/var/albums/DMBH/BH112157.jpg

http://www.flatoutphotography.com/gallery3/var/albums/DMBH/BH111725.jpg

Thanks for putting on a good show :)

Cheers

John

uksurfer
30-06-2011, 01:01 PM
looking good, especially me, next time Scrapps might get out of my photo :mand: :running:

might think about purchasing one

number24
30-06-2011, 04:43 PM
A few pics here, on my facebook http://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.10150238876309239.335598.515489238

gary tompkins
30-06-2011, 11:39 PM
Hi John, Great photo's mate

I'll be in touch for some prints of the trike in action ASAP

JohnS
02-07-2011, 06:37 AM
Thanks for the feedback - glad you liked them :)

Sorry for chopping the top of your head off in one of the trike shots, think that was the very first lap and I wasn't sure what was coming and how fast ;)

John

Rich750Dark
02-07-2011, 08:36 PM
Hi Gary, Steve's right, i came over around lunch to say hello whilst we were in between demo's.

Great pics John.