PDA

View Full Version : draggin' jeans

Mand
28-04-2011, 08:28 AM
I'm toying with the idea of buying some draggin' jeans.

I know they have a good write up in magos and the web but I thought I would ask you my friends.... And hopefully get an unbiased opinion. :)

Your experiences please before I go parting with my hard earned cash.

Mand

BluprintZ
28-04-2011, 08:43 AM
Never been all that keen on them personally, not sure why.
I'd prefer either leather jeans or my Weise pants, depending on the weather and how far i'm travelling, although for the last few weeks, i've been mostly wearing my Wrangler jeans, with long johns underneath for short journeys.
If you fancy the Draggin jeans Mand, try some on and see what they feel/look like on you, i'm sure you'll look wicked in whatever you decide to wear.

G ; ) x :mand:

gremlin
28-04-2011, 09:09 AM
I bought some because I was finding my leather a little too warm in "summer". They've been brilliant, I found I was more relaxed on the bike and could move better too so an unexpected bonus. They are quite windproof but I don't wear them if it's cold as I can't bear the idea of frozen knees. I've found the Kevlar a little rough around the bottom area with my usual knickers so wear short type ones which I'd wear under leathers (probably more information than most people would like but important I think)! Nothing worse than chafing. I tried the cargo ones and they were lovely and soft but they didn't have my size and I was in Germany at the time so no chance of getting my size in. I ended up with jeans style ones and they fit pretty well as jeans not too easy to tell they are bike jeans from a distance. They don't have much padding which makes the line good but obviously not so good if you come off but then they are mainly to prevent gravel rash not to prevent other injury. I'd recommend them for summer and warm winter use.

alan c
28-04-2011, 09:48 AM
Hi Mand, i have a pair of Red Route jeans, they are great in the summer as a lot cooler than leather etc, they have Kevlar to bum and thighs etc and i can even wear them with my thongs :worried:

i think they are a bit cheaper as well, worth a look.

DavidEJM
28-04-2011, 11:23 AM
I've got some HOOD jeans which were a little cheaper than the draggin and I have found them to be very comfy and reassuringly padded with the extra protection added. Worth a look.

Nonnie
28-04-2011, 12:40 PM
I borrowed some on Saturday Mand. I used Rachels Lindstrand ones. Nice cut, they feel quite loose when you're off the bike but fit nicely when you're riding.
I would also comment that there isn't much padding in the buttocks area so I would want my leathers for longr journeys!
I wasa jeans virgin until Saturday but my God it was so hot I couldn't imagine wearing leather and we bimbled from cafe to cafe and had a jolly nice time! Missed ya xx

Mand
28-04-2011, 05:27 PM
Well thanks folk for your help, its given me plenty to go at. Different brands etc. I'll definitely try before I buy. I'm liking the sound of something quite roomy. I tend to only ride in good weather now, my wet/cold days are well and truly over.

Just fancy something more relaxing as gremlin said with some 'shorts' is the way to go.

Had a lovely ride out last night with Dave, we managed 3 counties on one go! Cheshire, shropshire and staffs, dead easy when you know how. ;)

Ps never heard of those jeans non that Rachel leant you, scandanavian? Haha!!

I wish I could of made last week but we were 'familyed up' and working too xxx

benson
28-04-2011, 05:52 PM
Oooooh yes totally Swedish and reet comfy Mand - come visit and we can go to the shop or else try v customs on the web - fabulous website and lots of stock..Missing you too!!!

slob
28-04-2011, 05:55 PM
I was knocked off my bike in a pair of Lindstrand Jeans last November, they hold up well... that is to say the jeans and my bike are totalled but I'm OK.

benson
28-04-2011, 05:59 PM
Ouch! They're also veery warm - the lindstrands version will see you through most things but you're just keeping thenbike for the warmer weathher then the jeans rather than the textile versions willnsuit you well (sir)

pegboy
28-04-2011, 06:09 PM
I just ordered some from Amazon from a Australian Motorcycle Clothing supplier, if you search in amazon they pop up for sure.

big pete
28-04-2011, 07:02 PM
+1 on the Red Routes. they are fantastic ,warm with out being hot and stretch panels in all the right places with a lower leg zip. Best Ive had.

Mand
28-04-2011, 07:23 PM
Ouch! They're also veery warm - the lindstrands version will see you through most things but you're just keeping thenbike for the warmer weathher then the jeans rather than the textile versions willnsuit you well (sir)

Warm is the only way, besides I've been promised much powder coating on the monster next winter, most exciting!

Jeans are the best option but I still want a good degree of protection, for my skins sake, post wedding, I'm most likely to bounce!!

rac3r
28-04-2011, 07:47 PM
There is another Japanese brand of jeans which are meant to be better than the Draggin stuff but I can't remember the name! :dizzy:

Someone did a good comparison review on another forum

Blah blah
28-04-2011, 08:07 PM
I've got some Draggin jeans and they're great, comfy and not to hot - I also use Knoz knee armour cos they don't have any internal pockets to add any additional protection...

gary tompkins
28-04-2011, 08:42 PM
How about these new 'Arse Draggin' jeans?

http://gawker.com/#!385361/tight-baggy-jeans-achieve-holy-grail-of-pants

Pedro
30-04-2011, 09:22 PM
I've got two pairs of Draggin's and a pair of Red Route jeans and I'd go for Red Route again over Draggins. The RRs are a better fit and better made if you ask me

benson
30-04-2011, 11:04 PM
Just bought some black cargo type jeans from gericke with ce approved knee inserts and they're 10% off too - comfy, shaped for an ample seat (big arse like mine) and long enough to go over boots in a good way. £135 with the money off and when I get them out of the cat I can even tell you the brand!

singletrack
01-05-2011, 05:58 AM
Just bought some black cargo type jeans from gericke with ce approved knee inserts and they're 10% off too - comfy, shaped for an ample seat (big arse like mine) and long enough to go over boots in a good way. £135 with the money off and when I get them out of the cat I can even tell you the brand!

What are they doing in the cat?

Mand
01-05-2011, 06:41 AM
What are they doing in the cat?

Hmm i was wondering that! Car maybe?

I feel a purchase coming on very soon. There's a geriche in Newcastle near to d&k, my hunt starts tomorrow. Today, its ride out time!! Yee ha!

benson
01-05-2011, 09:22 AM
Hmmm, interesting spelling methinks! Car it was but cat is funnier.....happy shopping Mand!

Nonnie
01-05-2011, 10:23 AM
I wa going with "cad" actually.

Damn that blaggard bounder who steals ones trousers!

rogermunro
01-05-2011, 11:26 AM
just brought brand new red route kelva jeans on ebay £60

benson
01-05-2011, 11:29 AM
They're called sartso killers - no cads allowed you bounders!!!

chris yeatman
02-05-2011, 08:38 PM
also got red route jeans very good
came off my bike last week without a mark.

i wish the bike was wearing them aswell, lol

Kameloil
02-05-2011, 10:44 PM
I just bought a pair of Sartso Killer Illusion jeans. So far very impressed, they have internal knee guard pockets, the kevlar is soft and warm and in my opinion they are much better looking than the Draggin option. Draggin look very dated when comapred side by side. The illusion is a dark blue faded look and pretty roomy. Wore them out tonight at 12 degree and they were fine. [/LEFT]

He11cat
02-05-2011, 11:58 PM
There are so many now..
I have had red route and draggins .
Draggins out lasted red route.
I had to return redroutes as the kevlar came adrift and after only a few rides maybe just a duff pair but I can't say I was pleased!!
My draggins are great I have camos and jeans ..
Hood are good and then round here been pugging Horny jeans which are more styled motorcycle jeans however I have not tried them myself

Julie
03-05-2011, 06:45 AM
I'm toying with the idea of buying some draggin' jeans.

I know they have a good write up in magos and the web but I thought I would ask you my friends.... And hopefully get an unbiased opinion. :)

Your experiences please before I go parting with my hard earned cash.

Mand

We rode 6000kms across australia in them and also from here to spain. Love them - I have two pairs

MrsJel
03-05-2011, 09:08 PM
Don't know how the shopping went - looks like you've got quite a choice.
I've got 2 pairs of triumph jeans (got them at BMF so they were bargain). For long runs (alps, pyrennees!) wear cycling shorts underneath for that little bit of comfort.

Carole

Mand
03-05-2011, 09:20 PM
My day off, was going to go but due to a pile up on the a34 I didn't bother, so I achieved by painting the kitchen instead.

Thanks again for all your help kind people :)

smiler996
17-05-2011, 07:38 PM
If cash is not a problem then you could try these Ducati branded ones

http://www.gorgeousbikes.com/esquad.html

Cutter
17-05-2011, 08:17 PM
My vote goes for Sartso Killer jeans. Had draggin cargo pants and stitching came undone on one pocket and they faded but not in a nice way. Sartsos feel strong, really comfy, thick denim and did well in safety testing. Would defffo buy again.

DivingForPearls
17-05-2011, 11:13 PM
Have Hood jeans and they're fine, if a little heavy duty. Haven't crashed in them, but they give more confidence than Levis!