PDA

View Full Version : 'Last day of freedom': for Biker Wills.

BluprintZ
27-04-2011, 11:54 PM
Just spotted this on the Mail online site, nice one Wills.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-1381346/Last-day-freedom-Biker-Wills-speeds-final-kickabout-single-man.html

I can vividly remember going out for a blast on my Triton 650 at 2.00am, on the morning of my wedding day in 1976, because i couldn't sleep.
Anyone else had to sooth their pre-wedding nerves, with a spin on the bike?

G ; )

He11cat
28-04-2011, 01:24 AM
Is he wearing trackie bottoms and trainers?
I'm surprised he's allowed to ride in them !

I don't recall much about mine except I wish I had of got on my then bike and ridden into the sunset and not got married!!!

When I need to chill or think il often go to sea and park up on cliffs and chill a wise choice..

Least he rides a decent bike I spose :)

big pete
28-04-2011, 06:23 AM
Broke my wrist the weekend before i got married doing a wheelie on a 250 Bultaco Sherpa trials bike , turned up at her house in the evening with my arm in a cast to be told she was walking down "No aisle" with me like that . Had it on till the following Friday and then got it cut off for the wedding!!!!
Things you do for love eh!

Pomp1
28-04-2011, 07:05 AM
Tracks bottoms, trainers and a flat rear tyre. Bit of a sloppy attitude if you ask me. BUT he's the reason for an extra day off this week, so I'll let him get away with it ;)

Stuart42
28-04-2011, 07:24 AM
Nice to see the royals are taking the recession seriously and sacked 'one's man who is in charge of pumping up ones tyres'

Mind you would be a cracking job to go for when it comes up? Looking after the royals bikes, which lets face it don't go out much and with a Ducati we all know they need a run every now and again to keep them happy.

Oh that and I very much doubt you'd get a speeding ticket?

Here's to a long and happy life together, as we don't get a day off when they split up/accidently drive into a French underpass

Cheers
Stuart

w108rna
28-04-2011, 08:24 AM
Ducati, by Royal Appointment. I like the sound of that, and now we all have pub bragging rights. Oh yeah, the Royal family and the future King also rides a Ducati. Sweet.

Tracky bottoms and trainers though. I hate seeing people out on bikes with tracky and trainers, they're not gonna look so cool when they have to wear part of their arse cheek elsewhere on their body due to the gravel rash and skin graft.

Still, cool bike. I must look out for him up the Ponderosa.

BluprintZ
28-04-2011, 08:56 AM
To be honest, i've spotted him out riding a couple of times, since he was posted to Valley camp on Anglesey, his BG's are usually not far behind in a Focus sport, with tinted windows.
My mate lives on one of the back lanes from the camp and sees him passing quite often on the bike.
Wouldn't surprise me if he hasn't been to the Ponderosa already, the roads in that area are a bikers paradise,lots of brilliant fast, sweeping bends.

G ; )

Paivi
28-04-2011, 09:00 AM
To be honest, i've spotted him out riding a couple of times, since he was posted to Valley camp on Anglesey, his BG's are usually not far behind in a Focus sport, with tinted windows.
If a Ford Focus can keep up with him, he's doing something wrong. ;)

Stuart42
28-04-2011, 09:11 AM
[QUOTE=BluprintZ;387875]To be honest, i've spotted him out riding a couple of times, since he was posted to Valley camp on Anglesey,

Thats one thing me and the Queen hates, and thats name droppers;)

Saw a guy riding around London the other day on a CBR125 wearing flip flops.

Makes me sick just thinking about it.

w108rna
28-04-2011, 09:13 AM

Ha ha ha ha ha.

w108rna
28-04-2011, 09:15 AM
My mate lives on one of the back lanes from the camp and sees him passing quite often on the bike.
Wouldn't surprise me if he hasn't been to the Ponderosa already, the roads in that area are a bikers paradise,lots of brilliant fast, sweeping bends.

G ; )

I do like the Ponderosa, haven't been up on the bike this year though, although have been in the car a few times. I went to Benllech in Anglesey at the weekend camping, had a fab time there. Lovely place and bike friendly campsite too.

gremlin
28-04-2011, 09:17 AM
Nice that Kate rides with him too, wonder if they'll have to stop soon though. I doubt she'll be allowed near the bike if there's a chance of her carrying the next heir bless her. Pity Charles doesn't put his weight behind the Think bike campaign if he's so concerned about invisible bikers!

sburrows87
28-04-2011, 10:15 AM
Tracks bottoms, trainers and a flat rear tyre. Bit of a sloppy attitude if you ask me. BUT he's the reason for an extra day off this week, so I'll let him get away with it ;)

+1 but it is a wonder he's allowed to

Paivi
28-04-2011, 11:03 AM
Saw a guy riding around London the other day on a CBR125 wearing flip flops.

Makes me sick just thinking about it.
Why, what's wrong with a CBR125? :D

Stafford
28-04-2011, 11:26 AM
As that was Tuesday, isn't today his "last day of freedom" ?
Or has he just been busy this week?

Stuart42
28-04-2011, 11:40 AM

Wasn't the CBR but the flip flops, they didn't match the rest of the outfit, wrong colour.

Paivi
28-04-2011, 11:42 AM
Wasn't the CBR but the flip flops, they didn't match the rest of the outfit, wrong colour.
Oh god, how embarrassing!

uksurfer
28-04-2011, 12:30 PM
i struggle changing up gear in flip flops, hurts my toes

Davidg1230
28-04-2011, 12:43 PM
He's been playing football in Battersea Park for the past few months. A friend of mine saw him in the Prince Albert pub afterwards a few weeks back, apparently she couldn't see any other bodyguards around him. He again left on his bike, but I'm sure he was only drinking coke!

BluprintZ
28-04-2011, 01:19 PM

I doubt very much if it's a "standard" Focus, he may well have had orders not to lose the BG's.

G ; )

bex
28-04-2011, 02:45 PM
Here's to a long and happy life together, as we don't get a day off when they split up/accidently drive into a French underpass

ooh harsh!

Diego
28-04-2011, 03:11 PM
He rides Ducati and ''see through clothed brunettes''.....Plus as Pomp1 mentioned he's the reason for another day of so yeah...for this time only...I say long live the King ;-)

He11cat
28-04-2011, 09:43 PM
Yeah nice flat tyre...
I'm so royal wedding,d out .. The bunting is out down my road and my sodding roads closed for most the day .. How jolly rude!!
Yup royal tyre pumper upper is a better job then royal bum wiper I'd say!

Poor Pete ... I'm sure Mrs Pete would have still married you cast an all!
Knowing my luck the day before i'd break both my arms and legs slipping on a pomegranate in tescos !! Or get a big spot on the end of my nose :)

slob
28-04-2011, 10:07 PM
Black visor at 10pm, tut tut.

He11cat
29-04-2011, 09:17 AM
Brunettes have more fun :) and anyway the blondes are mostly brunettes disguised by bleach or highlights lol!!
She's a pretty girl !
well at least our future coins notes and stamps will look ok!!
Imagine if camilla was on them.. Giddy up neddy!! I'm no oil painting but jeez.. Not a huge fan of her.. But spose she's suited to Charlie boy ..
Least he rides a decent bike ..
I very much doubt he's ever on his own outside always has to be B G about

Nickj
29-04-2011, 01:33 PM
I don't recall much about mine except I wish I had of got on my then bike and ridden into the sunset and not got married!!!

Hey me too, if only we'd known

Nickj
29-04-2011, 01:41 PM

My little brothers training included advanced pursuit and evasion driving, as well as oddities like above snow line mountain leader, HALO drops, battle field medic and remote medic.
Even with a production car he'd be right up most bikes arses till the bikes speed won out. With a hot ST you'd have real trouble shaking him off

Nickj
29-04-2011, 01:44 PM

You have to ask ;) ??????

He11cat
29-04-2011, 07:34 PM
It's not as cool as a CG 125!!
Mines on over 80 thousand :)
maybe I should have put some flags on it ... May have made me go faster!

Nickj
30-04-2011, 05:10 PM
A real CB 125 Linky link (http://motorbike-search-engine.co.uk/classic-bikes-2/1972-honda-cb125-cafe-racer.jpg)