PDA

View Full Version : 696 Tank pad

Kameloil
25-04-2011, 10:24 PM
Deeelighted to be able to announce my Monster eventually arrived on Saturday and I'm enjoying it more and more everyday, the glorious weather is helping no doubt.

Being a new bike I'm trying to take care of it but can't see how a tank pad could work on the 696. Anybody got any suggestions?

chris.p
26-04-2011, 06:47 AM
Deeelighted to be able to announce my Monster eventually arrived on Saturday and I'm enjoying it more and more everyday, the glorious weather is helping no doubt.

Being a new bike I'm trying to take care of it but can't see how a tank pad could work on the 696. Anybody got any suggestions?

Ducati do a 3 piece gel tank pad, looks real good, just pop into your local dealer or order from any Ducati dealer, around £30.

Chris.

Kameloil
26-04-2011, 09:37 PM
Thanks Chris, didn't see any in the clothing/accessories department, turns out they're in the parts dept...doh.

Live and learn, thanks ;)

Kameloil
27-04-2011, 08:47 PM
Chris do you have a gel version? My dealer says the carbon ones look better, the clear gel ones apparently show the adhesive????

polecatpete
28-04-2011, 07:50 AM
I have the clear one on a white tank. Looks fine against the white but you can see the adhesive against the black trim. It's never really something I thought about though until now. I put it down to the fact that the surface of the black trim isn't silky smooth so what you are actually seeing is air.

chris.p
29-04-2011, 07:15 PM
Chris do you have a gel version? My dealer says the carbon ones look better, the clear gel ones apparently show the adhesive????

Mine is the gel carbon version, looks real good on the white panels.

Chris.