PDA

View Full Version : s4r injectors

bulldogcustoms
25-04-2011, 04:28 PM
well pulled my s4r out of hibernation today but it wont start checked everything over fuel getting through looks like the injectors are blocked boohoo wish i had drained the tank:worried: anyway has anyone got a couple of good 996 injectors going cheap ?

desmo
25-04-2011, 05:00 PM
It could be many things causing your non start, but blocked injectors is very unlikely.
I would have another look before getting any, cos they are mega bucks.

bulldogcustoms
25-04-2011, 05:19 PM
well it was fine when i put it away but its only done 200miles in 2 yrs and i done that last yr when i bought it,i have taken the injectors out and when you turn the ignition on there is plenty of fuel there but when you put them back no fuel is fireing out of injectors,she does fire up if you pour a little fuel down the throttle bodies though

rollo22
25-04-2011, 05:40 PM
First thing to do is find someone who cleans (ultra sonic) and services injectors got to be cheaper than new ones.
Check the connections electrical for all the fuel delivery.
Could be the fuel pump playing up seem to remember it has a high delivery pressure.The bummer is its inside the tank.
Hopefully Capo will be along soon and help you out.

Capo
25-04-2011, 06:07 PM
Very unlikely to be clogged injectors as witnessed by your test, although just turning the ignition on should not cause fuel to be injected, I assume you were cranking.
You surmise that no fuel is being injected during the starting cycle, and adding fuel to the throttle bodies causes the engine to fire.

It would appear therefore that the ECU is not providing sufficient fuel, this may be as simple as a loose/disconnected sensor. Check them

I would also check the TPS

Stafford
25-04-2011, 06:49 PM
well pulled my s4r out of hibernation today but it wont start checked everything over fuel getting through looks like the injectors are blocked boohoo wish i had drained the tank:worried: anyway has anyone got a couple of good 996 injectors going cheap ?

Having just broken an ST4S I have a pair if req, oh and most off the rest of the bike as well except the engine.

bulldogcustoms
25-04-2011, 07:12 PM
Very unlikely to be clogged injectors as witnessed by your test, although just turning the ignition on should not cause fuel to be injected, I assume you were cranking.
You surmise that no fuel is being injected during the starting cycle, and adding fuel to the throttle bodies causes the engine to fire.

It would appear therefore that the ECU is not providing sufficient fuel, this may be as simple as a loose/disconnected sensor. Check them

I would also check the TPS

what i did was turn ignition on with out injectors in that told me there was plenty fuel getting to the injector so when i replaced the injectors i new there was fuel there but there was none being injected. ps it has a power commander fitted could it have summit to do with that,
and whats TPS stand for

bulldogcustoms
25-04-2011, 07:20 PM
Having just broken an ST4S I have a pair if req, oh and most off the rest of the bike as well except the engine.

cheers stafford pm me and let me know how much you want for them mate,everybody seems to think it wont be them so i am going to do some more checks

Capo
25-04-2011, 07:46 PM
I had a power commander go bad over a winter period, it powered up and showed the throttle input but there was no output, connected the injectors direct and it fired up first crank.

You have to look at this from a logical point of view.
Fuel injectors are remarkable electro mechanical devices, they deliver accurate and repeatable amounts of fuel across a relatively large pulse range, and they do it billions of times without fail.
What you are suggesting is that both your injectors have failed at the same time, highly improbable if not almost impossible.
You will have noticed a fine screen under the fuel connection, this is sized to prevent a foreign object from blocking a hole. Gummy residues from fuel can block or reduce flow, such deposits are exacerbated when the system is allowed to dry, it is rare for this to happen, I've a set of throttle bodies that had been laying around for a while and there was still fuel in the system. Additionally modern fuels are formulated to prevent gum formation.

I'll lay odds that the fault is not with the injectors

This may help you understand the fuel system

http://www.ukmonster.co.uk/monster/showthread.php?t=39677

gary tompkins
25-04-2011, 07:56 PM
well it was fine when i put it away but its only done 200miles in 2 yrs and i done that last yr when i bought it,i have taken the injectors out and when you turn the ignition on there is plenty of fuel there but when you put them back no fuel is fireing out of injectors,she does fire up if you pour a little fuel down the throttle bodies though

Is the fuel in the tank 2 years old?

bulldogcustoms
25-04-2011, 08:02 PM
I had a power commander go bad over a winter period, it powered up and showed the throttle input but there was no output, connected the injectors direct and it fired up first crank.

You have to look at this from a logical point of view.
Fuel injectors are remarkable electro mechanical devices, they deliver accurate and repeatable amounts of fuel across a relatively large pulse range, and they do it billions of times without fail.
What you are suggesting is that both your injectors have failed at the same time, highly improbable if not almost impossible.
You will have noticed a fine screen under the fuel connection, this is sized to prevent a foreign object from blocking a hole. Gummy residues from fuel can block or reduce flow, such deposits are exacerbated when the system is allowed to dry, it is rare for this to happen, I've a set of throttle bodies that had been laying around for a while and there was still fuel in the system. Additionally modern fuels are formulated to prevent gum formation.

I'll lay odds that the fault is not with the injectors

This may help you understand the fuel system

http://www.ukmonster.co.uk/monster/showthread.php?t=39677

cheers for that capo you are right in what you say for 2 injectors to go at the same time it just wudnt happen ,going to check everything over tomorrow fingers crossed i might have overlooked something cheers mate