PDA

View Full Version : Flat spot.

big pete
25-04-2011, 12:47 PM
Took the bike for 1st decent run after the winter, its been sat with some fuel in it but not a lot so Id topped it up with premium. It felt different but not in a bad way till I cracked open the throttle to pass a car and all I got was a massive induction noise but not like a roar. My suspicion is fuel or choked filter as I could bring it up no problem going easy on the throttle, on steady throttle it felt a bit lurchy especially in lower gears at higher revs (not usual monster lurch but die and pick up slightly) not a mis fire.
Clear as mud I know but any thoughts appreciated. Its running open cans , K&N and has been dynojetted.:confused:
Apart from that it was a nice run out to the test station for my MOT but it was closed so I left my bike there and got a lift home.:eek:

Gutsy
25-04-2011, 09:32 PM
I had a similar problem around 2000 - 3000 revs but was felt on decelerating. My tank was full of rust and since changing the tank, she's back to running well. I believe that leaving a partially filled tank over a long standing period, can cause condensation which could perhaps be part of your problem. Good luck with getting it sorted and happy summer biking.

big pete
26-04-2011, 07:18 AM
Cheers Gutsy, Tank off and clean out me thinks!!

gary tompkins
26-04-2011, 01:07 PM
The fuel filter might be toast or float bowls need a good clean too

big pete
26-04-2011, 05:17 PM
cheers GT will give them a check

big pete
28-04-2011, 07:05 PM
Picked up the Bike from the MOT centre today, 50 miles away in Oban. Passed with flying colours. Not only that filled the tank to the neck with fresh fuel and she ran like a dream all the way home. Well chuffed:mand:

gary tompkins
28-04-2011, 08:45 PM
Possibly just stale fuel in the tank then

big pete
29-04-2011, 07:19 AM
Looks like it GT, certainly hope so. Took it to work this morning and it started on the button! Certainly going to change the fuel filter though.