View Full Version : Monster S2R 1000 for sale

steeevvvooo
17-04-2011, 08:01 PM
Monster S2R 1000

Tax until Feb 2012, will have 12 months MOT prior to sale
10800 miles
Red with white stripe and matching fly screen/seat cowl
Full Ducati + Rosso Corse history
Belt and valve service mid April 2011, including new clutch + basket, filters fluids etc

3 previous owners, I myself have owned since August 2009
Runs sweet without DP ECU/Power commander
Michelin pilot road 2 with loads of tread left
3 keys including red key and card etc

Only reason I’m listing my “keeper” is because my head has been turned towards the water!! I have my eye on an S4Rs!!

(mildly) Bad points:

- The bike was NOT cleaned before photos, sorry, but I didn’t have chance!
- Some engine paint flaking/slight discolouration. Can be seen on the pics
- Couple of marks on the edge of the wheel rims. Looks like the stickers on the wheels have been scratched (maybe at tyre change time) which has left some black scuffs. Nothing major though
- Slight scratch on seat cowl, but could be polished/touched up

Extras:
- Leo Vince single can with twisty pipes
- Marvin de-cat pipe
- Open airbox
- Full speedy moto crash bungs (engine, front forks and rear swingarm)
- Carbon bellypan
- Carbon front mud guard
- Carbon shorty hugger
- Carbon tea tray
- Carbon chain guard

Touring seat, and clutch cover/pressure plate may or may not be included in the sale

Looking for £4,250 as is, or £3800 returned to standard.

Pics to follow...

alan c
17-04-2011, 08:15 PM
You had me worried for a minute ! good luck with sale :thumbsup:

s4rmark
17-04-2011, 08:23 PM
good luck with the sale, i was looking for an s4rs after selling my 996 s4r but couldnt find one so i bought a streetfighter. Glad i did , absolutely bonkers bike. I love it.

steeevvvooo
17-04-2011, 08:35 PM
http://i690.photobucket.com/albums/vv265/steeevvvooo/CIMG0946.jpg

http://i690.photobucket.com/albums/vv265/steeevvvooo/CIMG0947.jpg

http://i690.photobucket.com/albums/vv265/steeevvvooo/CIMG0952.jpg

http://i690.photobucket.com/albums/vv265/steeevvvooo/CIMG0951.jpg

http://i690.photobucket.com/albums/vv265/steeevvvooo/CIMG0948.jpg

http://i690.photobucket.com/albums/vv265/steeevvvooo/CIMG0949.jpg

http://i690.photobucket.com/albums/vv265/steeevvvooo/CIMG0953.jpg

http://i690.photobucket.com/albums/vv265/steeevvvooo/CIMG0956.jpg

rac3r
17-04-2011, 09:20 PM
1000's are hard to come by, Good luck with the sale! :thumbsup:

J.P
18-04-2011, 06:44 AM
Ahhh, plumbing......

buzzbomb
18-04-2011, 06:54 AM
good luck with the sale, i was looking for an s4rs after selling my 996 s4r but couldnt find one so i bought a streetfighter. Glad i did , absolutely bonkers bike. I love it.

#1 with the sale of the bike...:thumbsup:

But as Mark says, the SF is rather bonkers...:hail:

samieb
18-04-2011, 07:42 AM
But as Mark says, the SF is rather bonkers...:hail:

Nicely put, said our resident pensioner ! :chuckle: :cool: :p

westfieldandy
27-09-2011, 12:36 PM
hey

just what i am looking for, is it still for sale

andy

J.P
27-09-2011, 12:47 PM
Andy, I think Steve changed his mind, but I'm sure he'll be along soon to let you know.

steeevvvooo
30-09-2011, 06:36 PM
hey. I "DID" change my mind, but as ever, have got other things I would like to buy!

If you met the asking price, I would consider. Otherwise, I love it too much to part with :biggrin:

PM me if you want to chat

Steve

steeevvvooo
01-10-2011, 04:57 PM
just to add, I've since had the ECU reflashed and custom mapped to suit the pipes and airbox so price would be 4500 (costs £400 for the work and was v v recent).

88bhp at rear wheel
69.5 lbs torque at rear wheel

I would only consider selling at the asking price, and only then as I would simply like a change. If not, I'm more than happy to keep it (forever) and save for something new to go alongside it.

I don't want to sell, but I also would not turn down a good offer. S2R 1000s are rare, which is the main reason I don't want to sell... I would regret it and would struggle to replace it! :cry:

Rally
01-10-2011, 08:00 PM
A wise man Steve!

steeevvvooo
01-10-2011, 08:04 PM
wise to sell, or wide to keep?! I'm confused as it is, and you're not helping! ;)

Did almost 250 miles today: out to Banbury, Chipping Norton, pottered around for a bit, Fish Hill, then home. Think I want to keep it now... :p (thread elsewhere)

Anyway, it's not for sale, unless someone pays me a lot of money. Hope that's clear as mud. :booze:

Mr.Number
01-10-2011, 08:46 PM
Steevo, I feel as though I should throw in a comment.

I picked mine up a couple of years ago with just over 5,000. Its now nudging up to 20,000 and hasnt missed a beat. I remember when I first asked around about the S2R1 and someone said the engine is a peach. How right that turned out to be.

Iv recently returned from the Aragon gp and the bike was fantastic in the mountains of eastern Spain and it was ridden hard. Get back home and it just kicks on. Brilliant.

The question I ask myself is what do i use the bike for and does it do it well. This bike delivers those things superbly and seriously every ride is something to look forward to. I thought whilst out in Aragon that if I can get 10 years motorcycling out of this bike, I will be one happy man.

Theres lots of bikes out there but i prefer twins especially for our roads and so this makes my choices a touch easier. The only other bike iv considered a few months ago was the streetfighter which I never managed to get to test ride. Apparently this also is a very good bike however I still prefer our styling, the last of the real monsters.

Id be interested to hear what bikes you would consider as replacement, as if I was looking around id be on the lookout for another S2R or the S4RS.

If the S2R works for you and you enjoy it, then keep it, remember they dont make them anymore !

Just think about what a replacement bike has to do, for you not to miss the S2R ?

Keep it.

Rally
01-10-2011, 09:00 PM
wise to sell, or wide to keep?! I'm confused as it is, and you're not helping! ;)

Anyway, it's not for sale, unless someone pays me a lot of money. Hope that's clear as mud. :booze:

Wise to ask a price you would feel happy to sell at and sticking to it. I'm the same with the S4rs, it's not advertised as for sale, but everything has a price! It's just when it means that much to you, the price is high in others eyes sometimes.

steeevvvooo
01-10-2011, 09:11 PM
Mr Number, I think we're in the same boat. I love the S2R, but if the right offer came in, I'd take it (it's what I do!). I may regret it, I might kick myself, but I would move on to something else. I just came back from a long ride with a mate on his 170bhp CBR 1000RR, and a more powerful bike would not have changed my enjoyment, or probably pace, so that's not the issue! Almost 90bhp at the rear is plenty for me... but...

I have fancied and S4Rs or Streetfighter, maybe a 748r/749s... I just like to have something new :spin:. I just like the bling of the Ohlins, fancy calipers, fancy wheels etc. But... I think the S2R has 90%+ of that, and there's something about it that I can't bring myself to seriously consider selling it?

Leaving the Ace Cafe this morning a bloke stopped me to chat. He used to have Ducatis, and ignored the faster, more expensive, "better" CBR 1000RR my mate was on. I don't think he would have stopped if I was on a standard Ducati Sports bike?

Ideally, I'll resist temptation until I can afford something else as well as the monster, then I won't have this dilema. :thumbsup:

rac3r
01-10-2011, 11:33 PM
How about splashing out on the Ohlins and stuff for the S2R? then you have the perfect bike!

Hmm 1098R front end, ohlins rear, forged rims....

Mr.Number
02-10-2011, 12:32 AM
Thing is you dont need to get anything for the S2R unless he was tracking. whats the point when it rides great as it is. CBR1000RR...... S2R will more than keep with that on our roads until of course you hit a straight, which needs to be lengthy to reach the top end.

Now the 749....hmm im currently looking into one of those for a track bike but i need to ride one first as some say they are a lump and need some getting used to.

The streetfighter 848 is an interesting option. Not sat on one yet but im curious about the seating position, looks like your more sat in and more upright, the S2R has a nice forward reach to the bars and i can sit on that all day.

You need to get on these bikes and give them a good ride to see how they compare to what youv got, all the chat in the world wont answer the questions that a ride does. I would not be surprised at all if i didnt enjoy the 848 / 1098 against the S2R.

steeevvvooo
02-10-2011, 09:34 AM
CBR1000RR...... S2R will more than keep with that on our roads until of course you hit a straight

exactly, within not much more than a few seconds you're in licence shredding territory on either, and a few more and you're in serious bother territory! On the road, unless your a complete lunatic, there's not that much in it.

I held him off for a few laps at Lydden Hill a few weeks ago as there was no straight for him to blast past and the S2R is more than a match on a tight circuit. :p

As for track, I'd love to have a go at the Desmodue series (as a back marker of course :chuckle:) so may get a track bike over the winter. Time will tell...

singletrack
02-10-2011, 10:33 AM
How about splashing out on the Ohlins and stuff for the S2R? then you have the perfect bike!

Hmm 1098R front end, ohlins rear, forged rims....

That would be a great idea.

steeevvvooo
24-03-2012, 01:12 PM
Any interest from anyone for this?

Thinking again of selling, so pm me if you are interested...

irich
02-04-2012, 09:11 AM
Is this still for sale?

steeevvvooo
23-06-2012, 07:12 PM
After weeks on annoying everyone around me, including myself, I think I'm buying another duc. So, the s2r 1000 is back for sale.

I don't need to sell it to get the new one, but it's a space thing as I don't want to drag bikes out whenever I need to work on the DD bike so realistically a new bike means this needs to go.

I'm waiting on part ex prices, but if anyone wants a rare s2r 1000 let me know...

J.P
24-06-2012, 05:21 AM
You're actually buying another bike finally!!!?!

BeePee
24-06-2012, 09:16 AM
I drove the streetfighter, hypermotard and monster back to back and have to say the monster was the best, easiest and most fun to ride and to thrash.

steeevvvooo
24-06-2012, 05:38 PM
You're actually buying another bike finally!!!?!

1098s hopefully! :mand:

yorkshirepuddin
27-01-2013, 07:36 AM
Good luck with the sale, out of interest where did you get the seat from ?

steeevvvooo
27-01-2013, 09:00 AM
From members on here! :)

I have two seats for sale in the for sale section, a Corbin seat and a ducati performance gel seat...

gary tompkins
27-01-2013, 09:07 PM
1098s hopefully! :mand:

I thought you might be another one shopping for a streetfighter

steeevvvooo
28-01-2013, 06:48 AM
Old thread had been resurrected GT (such has been my dithering over selling the s2r!).

I almost bought a 1098 in the summer (a lovely Rossi rep) but I was too slow and missed it. Ended up with the 749r.

New bike details to follow when I get it in a few weeks hopefully. I don't want to tempt fate :) not a duc though this time...

gary tompkins
28-01-2013, 12:30 PM
NOT A DUCATI!!!

:eek:

jonzi
28-01-2013, 01:38 PM
not a duc though this time...

http://www.militaryphotos.net/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=96305&d=1238774506

steeevvvooo
28-01-2013, 02:08 PM
http://www.militaryphotos.net/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=96305&d=1238774506

Have a 749 still...

an in fact, I have half of an M600 scattered on the garage floor (just missing the optional parts, namely frame and engine! :eyepopping:) :biggrin: