PDA

View Full Version : Rite of passage......

Gordon H
15-04-2011, 03:46 PM
Well tomorrow, my eldest (Bean on here) gets his first big bike - picking up a sv650. Not a Monster but at least it's got the right number of cylinders in the right configuration.....

Seems like only yesterday that I got let loose on a 400-4 and now the lads all grown up...... sigh

(puffs whistfully on pipe while contemplating getting shown up by a restricted 650.....) :o

J.P
15-04-2011, 04:05 PM
Have a Worther's Original and sit back and smile.

uksurfer
15-04-2011, 04:06 PM
gordons of to sit by the river to think of days gone by

JerryT
15-04-2011, 04:07 PM
Ah Happy Days...

You will no doubt be a font of knowledge to him, full of sage advice and pearls of wisdom, given freely and without let, as you puff on your pipe while musing about the old days when bikers were real men! :ymca:

Of course he might just ignore you for being an old F**t.

I get that all the time! :chuckle:

uksurfer
15-04-2011, 04:10 PM

you know gordon well

Mr Cake
15-04-2011, 04:14 PM
Seems like only yesterday that I got let loose on a 400-4 and now the lads all grown up...... sigh

Nowt wrong with a 400/4! We've got one here to keep us busy. One day it'll be the ultimate 'blade blunter. SV650; shy of a Monster its not a bad choice.

C

Gordon H
15-04-2011, 04:15 PM
you know gordon well

You can right off some people......

He11cat
15-04-2011, 04:58 PM
I like 400 4s!
The sv is a great bike!! Watched some race the other week..
Wish my folks had done that for me.
I was offered driving lessons to which I said naff off to being a stubborn teen!
My first was a gsx400e that weighed a tonne !
If I dropped it game over!! It was made of girders!!

Happy days to you both!
I've caught a small person trying to nip off with my monster mini moto!!

utopia
15-04-2011, 05:27 PM
My youngest has his eyes on a 750 monster........mine !
I have been told that, since I'm never selling it, he'd like it to have his name on when it comes to the time for the reading of the will...!!!!!
I kinda like that, though its a bit spooky.

big pete
15-04-2011, 06:14 PM
Had to laugh there gordy, been there and worn the T shirt, destroyed on trials bikes, destroyed on supermotos and more recently detroyed by a Firestorm all by the boy and very nearly destroyed by the daughter on her CBR 125!! time to hang up the gear and invest in a zimmer.

chris yeatman
15-04-2011, 07:40 PM
(puffs whistfully on pipe while contemplating getting shown up by a restricted 650.....) :o

doesnt need to be a 650 to do that! :biggrin:

Thirdway
16-04-2011, 06:56 AM
Ah Happy Days...

You will no doubt be a font of knowledge to him, full of sage advice and pearls of wisdom, given freely and without let, as you puff on your pipe while musing about the old days when bikers were real men! :ymca:

I get that all the time! :chuckle:

Old John with white hair,
Does laugh away care,
Sitting under the oak,
Among the old folk.
They laugh at our play,
And soon they all say:
"Such, such were the joys
When we all, girls and boys,
In our youth time were seen
On the Echoing Green."