PDA

View Full Version : Renthal Bars

deryl
12-04-2011, 12:12 PM
Hi
I'm new here & need some advice, please!
Does anyone know if I will need to extend any cables/lines if I fit Renthal Superbike Low bars to my 2006 Monster 620 (want to get bars a bit nearer & higher and the 22mm risers I've fitted don't really do it for me)
If so, which ones & how?!!

I'm bargaining on cutting about 15 mm off each end of the bars to ease the situation but will that be enough?

Thanks

jimz750
12-04-2011, 03:50 PM
I have an M750 and Just fitted some Renthal Ultra Low on mine at the weekend.

Everything just slid on. Take Clutch side off first, Loosen all on brake side. Then remove old bars from clamp and slide off brake side bits.

Reverse procedure.

Mr.Number
12-04-2011, 07:00 PM
Are these renthal 'low' bars, lower than the standard magura bars ?

Pixx
14-04-2011, 11:31 AM
Hi, I have an S2R1000 and am having to consider surgery on my wrists as the current bars are too straight and high, so I'm looking for something a bit more raked back and lower, without fouling on the tank - any ideas?

Rally
14-04-2011, 01:53 PM
I have three sets of Renthals if anyone wants to make me an offer. One are low bars in black gloss, one are slightly higher in black satin and the last ones are black satin street bars. When photo bucket wakes up again, i'll post some pictures. The last two sets are brand new in the packaging still.

deryl
19-04-2011, 09:12 PM
Thanks for that - much appreciated.
You've given me the confidence to have a go at fitting some Renthal lows!

Deryl

gary tompkins
20-04-2011, 01:29 PM
Cables and pipes reached ok when I fitted Renthal ultra low bars

May be a bit tight for regular low bars

utopia
20-04-2011, 03:23 PM
Rally, I might be interested in the black satin street bars.
I currently have satin black Renthall ultra-lows, but I'm tempted to try something a little lower...the bike feels better with a little more weight on the front.
I'm assuming these are pretty much flat, with a single bend/pull back at each end, like streetfighter style bars....??
Maybe we could work some sort of trade with those mirrors...??