PDA

View Full Version : HELP - Spring Compressor

littlejimmy12
09-04-2011, 10:49 PM
Has anyone got a spring compressor I can borrow for a short time, as you can see in my S4 rebuild thread I've removed the spring but we could really do with an actual proper spring compression tool.

I can pay for postage or possibly come and collect if within commuting distance.

I am in Uxbridge

cheers

LJ

Stafford
10-04-2011, 07:45 AM
I had a feeling that with the preload backed off you could get the retaining collar back under, still it has been a while.

littlejimmy12
11-04-2011, 11:02 AM
I had a feeling that with the preload backed off you could get the retaining collar back under, still it has been a while.

It will make life a lot easier to have one

So anyone got one ?????

mintyhit
11-04-2011, 11:05 AM
EDIT - just realised you want a suspension spring compressor... not a "valve" spring compressor.

I used a small ratchet tie strap to compress mine – it was a bitch to get on. Perhaps MachineMart might be a good option.

Stuart42
11-04-2011, 11:13 AM
Hi

I used a sash clamp which I held to the shock with a cable tie, bit heath robinson but worked and didn't damage the newly painted spring.

I work in Staines so if you want to bring the shock down it will only take 10mins to put it back on, save you lugging a sash clamp home.

Let me know if this helps?

Cheers
Stuart