PDA

View Full Version : S4 clutch advice sought

Drake
09-04-2011, 09:17 AM
I need to replace the clutch basket and friction plates on my 2001 S4, I have been given a price of £300 + vat from a ducati dealer, which i find is a bit steep, i have seen these items a lot cheaper on the internet, does anyone have any recommendations on which ones to get?
thanks

p.s. are all ducati dry clutch plates and baskets the same?

cairojay
09-04-2011, 09:26 AM
Unfortunately thats about the going rate - there are plenty of aftermarket versions on the internet but unless you know the brand you have no idea what they are going to be like and some can destroy themselves alot quicker. you can get either aluminium or steel - as long as you match like for like. it depends if you want more of a ring noise in which case get steel, or if you want more of a clunk noise in which case get aluminium. Either way make sure you drop it into neutral at the lights to preserve the life of the clutch. I'm on my 2nd after 17 thou miles.

Drake
09-04-2011, 11:03 AM
Is there anywhere out there offering good deals?

cairojay
09-04-2011, 01:05 PM
I think you just have to search around - the Demon Tweek catalogue is about the same price as your original quote. I don't think there are many bargains around for the decent quality kit, I heard not very good things about Bennet clutch kits but then again I'm no expert.

Drake
10-04-2011, 08:47 AM
O.K thanks anyway