PDA

View Full Version : First ride out today Hooray !!

Albie
03-04-2011, 08:44 PM
As much as I wanted to do something with the other guys and girls I went for my first ride since November today. Had a nice ride with Caroline down to Faversham the across to Ashford Ducati where I have to say the Diavel deffo is one I would want in my garage. Felt absolutely perfect to sit on. I declined a test ride as I normally do. For now at least.

Had a great chat with the main guy there and he admired my monster and remebers my tricolor too. He is very interested in doing stuff for the Kent UKMOC and is getting in touch with some events we can go to as well as doing a Ducati Trackday at Lydden Hill if enough interest.
I also found out my tank range 149 miles to the low level light and at least 8 miles on reserve.
I do like my new AGV and was far less noisy than the previous Stealth and the internal sunvisor works well.

Oh and the satnav mount worked fine too.

http://i97.photobucket.com/albums/l209/albies4/Monster%201100S/Faversham002.jpg

Rally
03-04-2011, 08:49 PM
Well done Albie, good to see you have got the wind is in the hair again. Makes a change from that moped project i'm sure. :D

Albie
03-04-2011, 09:29 PM
Well done Albie, good to see you have got the wind is in the hair again. Makes a change from that moped project i'm sure. :D

The mopeds on a go slow now. Most parts have been sourced as well as that lucrative fuel tap :eyepopping: and the other new exhaust and tank have been fitted. Just has to be put together and some new paint on the wheels ,new tyres, battery,chain sprockets mirrors and some fettling

http://i97.photobucket.com/albums/l209/albies4/Project%20Suzuki%20GT%2050%20restore/DSC04122.jpg

6 weeks later and its going well

http://i97.photobucket.com/albums/l209/albies4/Project%20Suzuki%20GT%2050%20restore/DSCF2212.jpg

Rally
03-04-2011, 09:33 PM
Looking great now, Arrow Mill here we come! :D

scrapps
03-04-2011, 09:41 PM
Glad you had a good run today also good to hear you had a chat with Ducati in Ashford.
They seem very keen to work with the UKMOC and I hope something can be set up soon.:thumbsup:

J.P
04-04-2011, 07:07 AM
That looks like a completely different bike Albie, well done.

J.P
04-04-2011, 07:09 AM
Had a great chat with the main guy there and he admired my monster and remebers my tricolor too.

Did he comment on the Tricolore colours being back to front ???

uksurfer
04-04-2011, 07:23 AM

'it was ok when viewed through the mirrors'

glad your back out on the road Albie, have a good summer :-)

gary tompkins
04-04-2011, 08:42 AM
I did a 100 mile loop round kent on Saturday. Was doing ok until the numberplate bracket vibrated loose on way home. Praise the lord for gaffa tape :mand:

5 gallon tank range is impressive on Buell - done 140miles so far on a tank and it looks like it still has over a gallon left

He11cat
04-04-2011, 12:29 PM
done a great job on the little suzuki!!
I spent nearly 5 hours on mine yesterday stepped back and it looks no different after sitting with a tooth brush cleaning it ... :( and that was just one side! even with autosol !! :(

uksurfer
04-04-2011, 12:38 PM
I spent nearly 5 hours on mine yesterday stepped back and it looks no different

i seem to be looking at yours for 5 hours everyday too

Albie
04-04-2011, 07:21 PM
That looks like a completely different bike Albie, well done.
You know how much I like to do a good job. I love me projects its so rewarding.

He actually said how nice it was. But he did like my carbon a lot.

done a great job on the little suzuki!!
I spent nearly 5 hours on mine yesterday stepped back and it looks no different after sitting with a tooth brush cleaning it ... :( and that was just one side! even with autosol !! :(

Thanks hun. Getting there. Mine took a while to see the difference. When you look close there is still a lot unfinished like the wheels. They have to be repainted.
Little steps and big results.