PDA

View Full Version : Young lads in cars.

BluprintZ
28-03-2011, 10:05 PM
I had an odd one yesterday, that could have ended in tears.

On my way home from visiting a mate, i got onto the large roundabout before the long straight that goes into the village where i live, so i'm well used to the roundabout and where i should be positioned.

I'm cranked well over on the roundabout, on the offside, when i'm suddenly aware of this young lad staring at me from the drivers window of his Saxo, about three feet away.
I have my tinted visor down, so he can't really see my face.
The next thing is he dissapears into the hedge that seperates the turning off the roundabout and the turning for the dual carriageway to Caernarfon.
I then have to crank the bike over hard left, to take the turning off the roundabout, to the road to my village.

I look to my left...and there is the Saxo, with foliage stuck in the front grill of his car and leaves blowing off the bonnet, his offside headlight is also broiken.
He's half on the pavement and half on the grass, still staring at me and doing about 30mph, so i just gas the bike and leave him to it, shaking my head and pi$$ing myself laughing, i look in my mirror and he's back on the road....how surreal is that?

G ; )

Kato
29-03-2011, 07:03 AM
George mate......I was only trying to say hello !!!

J.P
29-03-2011, 07:45 AM
He was obviously thinking himself the next Jenson Button vs your Valentino Rossi round the roundabout, forgetting he was actually in a sh*t saxo...

cairojay
29-03-2011, 07:56 AM
well ok but I feel sorry for the lad in the car - obviously an inexperienced driver who got distracted by a biker, I remember when I was a teenager thinking how cool bikes were and wishing I had one, sounds like the poor kid's done about 300 quids worth of damage just for admiring your bike. We're a cruel lot aren't we?

He11cat
29-03-2011, 10:21 AM
hmm not as bad as someone racing to get somewhere to his GF on a promise a bit too keen crashing into a hedge/ ditch then breaking their back.... ouch.

Luckily he was hurting a bit so decided to go to hospital before seeing the GF...