PDA

View Full Version : Monster Weekender 2011 Itinerary

rollo22
27-03-2011, 03:15 PM
Monster Weekender 2011 Itinerary

Friday 27th May

4 pm Onwards arrive and check in (bar obviously open for earlier arrivals - but rooms may not be ready)
Then meet and greet in bar and lounge area

8 pm Dinner Buffet style

Saturday 28th May

8 am Breakfast

Top off fuel tank for day trips

9.30 Assemble in Car Park for Day Trips

10.00 Depart

1- Ride out to Prescott Hill Climb Bugatti - UK vs France The cost of entry is £15.00 Available to purchase from Rollo at the Mill (Friday eve or Sat morning)
Time allowing we will take the scenic route to the hill climb.
www.prescott-hillclimb.com/may2011.aspx
We will have a dedicated parking area.

Lunch is a choice of the Bugatti Restaurant or Outside Catering.

We Will now be offering a Picnic lunch cost £5 payable to Rollo on Friday/Saturday

The Club has secured a fabulous opportunity for all members to make a Cavalcade Parade lap up the hill at lunch time (this is subject to the Bugatti Organisers on the day and may have to be canceled should there be accidents/incidents on the climb during the morning session)
An indemnity form will need to be completed before participation.

Depart mid - late afternoon for ride back to the Mill

2. slob's Brisk Ride-out limited numbers

8 pm Gala Dinner (3 course menu )
Including Grumpy's Quiz

Sunday 29th May

8am Breakfast

Top off fuel tank for the National Ride-out

10.30 Assemble in Car Park for the National Ride-out Briefing - JP leading.
Dedicated post later
11.00 National Ride-out Departs

1 pm Bike Competition Opens (Details will be posted nearer the W/E)
1 pm BBQ Lunch in Mill Gardens - not included in price of weekender
£10 pre-booked or £12.50 on the day - full details to follow

Throughout the day the Photo booth will be open for your chance to have your Bike photographed as a memento and possible inclusion in the next Calendar

3.30pm Voting Closes and Judges retire.

4.30pm Prize Giving for Forum awards and Bike Competition

After prize giving socializing in the bar and on the terrace

8 pm Hog Roast Dinner and Grumpy's Silly Hat Competition (T&C's to be posted)

Monday 30th May

8am Breakfast

10.00am Vacate Rooms - settle any outstanding bills and Depart

All timings are +/- a few mins or more!

ROLLO & GRUMPY :running:

Rally
27-03-2011, 04:45 PM
A big hip, hip, hooray for Duncan and James's organising and everyone else involved behind the scenes. Albie with the rooms for example. :D

Albie
27-03-2011, 05:38 PM
A big hip, hip, hooray for Duncan and James's organising and anyone else involved behind the scenes.

Dont be so soft man.:chuckle::chuckle::chuckle:

Yes thannnnnks:rolleyes:

chris yeatman
27-03-2011, 06:50 PM
oooh prescott hill, that could be fun,
well done guys :thumbsup:

Gutsy
27-03-2011, 09:18 PM
Woo Hoo - Bugatti/Ducati - same thing to Hilltop Cafe! Sounds like an excellent weekender plan. Am looking forward to hearing those Monsters roar. Well done Rollo and Grumpy.

J.P
28-03-2011, 08:41 AM
Who'll be taking pre-payments of the BBQ money ?

samieb
28-03-2011, 09:56 AM
Sounds like a great W/E planned then. Thanks to all for arranging this. No doubt there be a post for any pre-bookings that are required?

Looking forward to it.. :chuckle: :cool: :chuckle:

scrapps
28-03-2011, 11:46 AM
Looking like a great weekender. Thank you to ALL who make it possible :thumbsup:

rollo22
28-03-2011, 12:36 PM
UK Surfer is administering the food vouchers and will be putting up dedicated threads soon

desmo
28-03-2011, 04:50 PM
We can't make the full weekender unfortunately, but if the weather is ok we will come up to say hi after the national rideout on the Sunday.

analogue_rogue
28-03-2011, 05:58 PM
i think ill be there for the sunday...

rollo22
29-03-2011, 06:04 PM
The more the merrier on the weekend

buzzbomb
29-03-2011, 07:17 PM
Will there be early bird rates for the silver surfers...;);)

rollo22
29-03-2011, 07:22 PM
Will there be early bird rates for the silver surfers...;);)

Sorry Buzzbomb but NO

buzzbomb
29-03-2011, 07:37 PM
Or come on Duncan you know I'm only an old age pensioner and all spent up...:D:D

scrapps
29-03-2011, 08:36 PM
WOW I had never heard of the Prescott hill climb before reading this thread (then looking at the web link) and now I will be getting a chance to ride my monster up the track. . . . . BUT not only with the UKMOC but at the bike festival on the 10th of April :eyepopping: Heather (my better half) won a competition and the prize is to ride up the hill at the bike fest......:)
Not sure how I feel as I have never done anything like this and will prob set the slowest time for a bike ever.:o

Liz
29-03-2011, 09:07 PM
Dont be so soft man.:chuckle::chuckle::chuckle:
Is there a new emoticon with tears of laughter? :eek:

Woo Hoo - Bugatti/Ducati - same thing to Hilltop Cafe! Sounds like an excellent weekender plan. Am looking forward to hearing those Monsters roar. Well done Rollo and Grumpy.

Bugatti/Ducati, we're already there and looking forward to it.

DavidEJM
29-03-2011, 09:29 PM
Sounds like a great itinery, shame I can't be there this year. Supposed to be in Dijon at the Coupes du Monde that weekend but if plans change I'll definitely come up at some point over the weekend.

I hope everyone enjoys the festivities.

J.P
29-03-2011, 09:48 PM
WOW I had never heard of the Prescott hill climb before reading this thread (then looking at the web link) and now I will be getting a chance to ride my monster up the track. . . . . BUT not only with the UKMOC but at the bike festival on the 10th of April :eyepopping: Heather (my better half) won a competition and the prize is to ride up the hill at the bike fest......:)
Not sure how I feel as I have never done anything like this and will prob set the slowest time for a bike ever.:o

Wow, results.
Make sure you baffles are out and everyone will think you're going fast anyway !

scrapps
30-03-2011, 08:39 AM
Yep good idea J.P baffles out and hope the sun is out and my paint will dazzle them so they can't see how slow I am :idea:

scrapps
11-04-2011, 11:46 AM
Last weekend Heather,Duncan, Jo and I went to Prescott hill bike festival and had a fantastic day (photos to follow) the festival was very well run with loads to do and see with the warmest and most helpful event staff I have ever had the pleasure to meet.
This made a great day spent in a stunning location event better and to top it all I had two runs up the famous hill.
So if you are coming to the weekender and were wondering whether or not to get tickets to the La Vie En Bleu (UK v France) at prescott hill on Saturday to watch the Bugatti clubs race up the hill. All I can say is please do its a great place with great people offering us a chance not only to watch but to ride the famous hill.(parade run)
Please look at the web site and support the people in our club who have taken the time to work with the Bugatti club to arrange this day.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8hHwKLSrokI&feature=related
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1HhAaXZUt-c

J.P
11-04-2011, 01:04 PM
Tell us then Scrapps, how did you do on your runs up the hill ??

scrapps
11-04-2011, 01:24 PM
I think they went ok.
I did not take a trip into the gravel like some of the others so that's good enough for me.
Short clip of me going up the hill linked on my last post.

analogue_rogue
11-04-2011, 05:08 PM
Might not be able to make it. Damn work short notice standby. We will see.....

gary tompkins
03-05-2011, 12:54 PM
Duncan,

As we now have just over 3 weeks to go...

Could you please finalise any of the TBA or TBC sections of the itinerary ASAP

rollo22
03-05-2011, 06:12 PM
Please check the Itinerary (post #1) because their have been a couple of updates.

gary tompkins
03-05-2011, 08:41 PM

NormanHouse
26-05-2011, 10:16 AM
I've only been a Monster owner for a week and this is too short notice - hope it goes well and I'll make it next year.

Would any of the organisers be interested in a Band for the next event?

Pop Punk New Wave Classics? Older pro muso's - all bike nuts.

J.P
26-05-2011, 10:59 AM
Do you play while riding the bikes ?

scrapps
26-05-2011, 11:28 AM
I've only been a Monster owner for a week and this is too short notice - hope it goes well and I'll make it next year.

Would any of the organisers be interested in a Band for the next event?

Pop Punk New Wave Classics? Older pro muso's - all bike nuts.

Not to late for you to pop over and say hello on any of the days/eves

Noddy
27-05-2011, 11:56 AM
Prescott is fantastic, great setting and watching cars and bikes hoofing up the hill flat out is amazing!