PDA

View Full Version : Slip on termi's

skellywag63
25-03-2011, 11:53 AM
If i swap my standard cans for a pair of termi slip ons, retaining the cat for now, would it be best to also get and fit an upgraded eprom. The bike will run leaner without but will it be dangerously lean?
:scratch:

TIA

Funkatronic
25-03-2011, 02:13 PM
its always sensible to get the fuelling checked if you change cans

a power commander might work for you depending on the year of your bike and if it has a lambda sensor

skellywag63
25-03-2011, 02:52 PM
..........its an 05 S4r and i dont think it has the lambda, Least i cant find one!

Mr.Number
25-03-2011, 02:58 PM
Skelly,

Is it termi's youv decided on ? Whatever slip ons you do get, research suggests you will have to adjust the fuelling. Whether your standard ecu can deal with this is hit and miss. Some get away with it, others dont, as you said, the bike may run lean.

A while ago ducati performance ecu's cost a packet but with the new range monsters now established, older model ecu's are alot cheaper.

I will be fitting a full arrow carbon system to mine once iv got a bit of servicing out of the way. Ebay u.s - has a number of performance ecu's at a fraction of past prices. If you get one of these fitted, it has the range to cope with 'any' fitted system and accommodates fuel adjustments without issue. Talk of other ecu's such as nemesis etc are not only expensive but unless your racing, your wasting your hard earned.

I would also agree with past comments on this topic, in that if your happy with the way the bike runs now, have a dyno run before fitting any other system, to get the figures to match to with the new kit.

Good luck let us know how you get on.

Funkatronic
25-03-2011, 03:55 PM
capo reccomended a company called BSD (http://bsd.uk.com/)

these guys wil dyno the bike and create a custom map on your existing ecu for about £400 which is not much more than the cost of the DP ECU even at discount prices

Mr.Number
25-03-2011, 05:09 PM
Just my opinion, but as part of ringing around for advice on fitting a new system i had a good 30 minute chat with bsd a couple of months ago. Helpful and stated that he downloads your original ecu settings onto usb so you always have it and is available for use again. He then wipes it clean and installs custom settings onto your chip. However the standard chip is only able to control what it was originally designed for and therefore will only be able to run a map within its standard parameters. Around £450 including a dyno run was the price. I wasnt convinced by the method, but that may just be my interpretation. Give them a ring and listen to him see what you think. Also give Tony at moto corse in Wrexham a ring. I was impressed by his knowledge on ecu's especially Ducati's which he has worked with for over 20 yrs.

Ipswich to Peterborough via Cambridge / Newmarket is a fair journey and he stated he needs the bike for a whole day.

Getting the slip ons, a dp ecu, and a good local bike tuner for the dyno runs would be my route. If you later decide to buy a full system, you already have the ecu to support it.

skellywag63
25-03-2011, 07:15 PM
I'd love the full Termi system but at £1800 plus dyno time? Is it worth it :thumbsdown:

Mr.Number
25-03-2011, 08:48 PM
No its not worth it, especially when you can get the full arrow system for around £1k which many think is better made and has a deeper sound. I think theres a couple of riders on here who have fitted arrows to the S4 series who may vouch for the quality.

skellywag63
26-03-2011, 04:33 PM
..........but even with a full Arrow system i'll need a power commnader or such, wont I? If so thats another £300.