PDA

View Full Version : Evotech or R&G tail tidy

andanotherthing
22-03-2011, 09:09 PM
The R&G tail tidy is described as being compatible with the Ducati grab handles; does anyone know whether the Evotech is to?

....and are both easyish to fit??

For Monster 796.

Albie
22-03-2011, 09:15 PM
I havn't seen these new handles but I do know most pillions dont even realise there are grooves underneath if you have 4ft long arms on early models. The evotech is very easy to fit and a cracking bit of kit for the money. By far the cheapest I believe but quality too. And the guy who make them is helpful when you ask about them too. Well packaged and mines been on nearly 2 years and in mint nick still. I also fitted it one handed. Dont ask :eyepopping::biggrin:

andanotherthing
29-03-2011, 05:56 PM
I ended up going for the Evotech which arrives tomorrow. Found a fitting guide on DucatiMonster.org and well it looks a bit more complicated to fit than I thought. Hope it makes more sense at the time. Never mind one handed I've got two left ones!!

1100steve
29-03-2011, 08:04 PM
I ended up going for the Evotech which arrives tomorrow. Found a fitting guide on DucatiMonster.org and well it looks a bit more complicated to fit than I thought. Hope it makes more sense at the time. Never mind one handed I've got two left ones!!

I mostly followed the included instructions in the end TBH, the best tip on there is the grease to hold the spacers in place when you bolt it all back on the bike - so make sure you have some available as it would be a real bitch otherwise (a small dab of silicone sealant would do the trick too). Also make sure you have a T20 torx bit for the rear light screws. I had left mine at work so had to go out and buy one because i'm impatient:D

Albie
30-03-2011, 04:01 PM
I mostly followed the included instructions in the end TBH, the best tip on there is the grease to hold the spacers in place when you bolt it all back on the bike - so make sure you have some available as it would be a real bitch otherwise (a small dab of silicone sealant would do the trick too). Also make sure you have a T20 torx bit for the rear light screws. I had left mine at work so had to go out and buy one because i'm impatient:D

Funny that I did the same thing. A dab of grease to slighty tack it.