PDA

View Full Version : Hello from Gibraltar

gib_s2r
22-03-2011, 02:53 PM
Hi All. Just wanted to say a big hello from Gibraltar. Had the bike for 3 weeks, it's a late 05. Red with white wheels, a red belly pan and screen. Enjoying it so far, although very different from what I'm used to.......coming from a CBR600F and then a GSXR750 K2.

I've got to get used to it stil but just seems it likes to run a bit wide out of corners compared to the K2 I had. More than likely I'm useless and need to learn it a bit more.

Off to Jerez next Thursday for the press day for Moto GP. Get to do a few laps on the day, have lunch, meet the riders etc. Should be eventful.

J.P
22-03-2011, 03:28 PM
Very gealous of your Jerez trip, sounds like a blast.

Welcome to the club and I'm sure you'll be getting used to the bike very soon.

Blufoot
22-03-2011, 08:57 PM
Hello Gib, this website is a great source of knowledge for monster owners and lots of top people here too.

I rode to Gibraltar from London years ago, one of the best adventures of my life so far. It was post-monster, pre-kids and I took the mrs on a thundercat (dunno if any of you remember me or Yvette?)

Try putting clip-ons on the monster if you want sharper steering, although what you gain in cornering you'll lose in comfort! Depends what you want really.

Either way, have fun. I too am jealous of where you are - we love that concrete beachy bit round the back of the rock. My mummy lives in Alhaurin Pinos just north of Malaga AGP and whenever we visit we always take the kids on a daytrip to gib and the concrete beach.

Nickj
23-03-2011, 05:43 PM
Just give the bars a bit of a shove Gib, counter steering will do the trick

gib_s2r
24-03-2011, 12:53 PM
Very gealous of your Jerez trip, sounds like a blast.

Welcome to the club and I'm sure you'll be getting used to the bike very soon.

cheers JP, looking forward to it as usually have a Jap bike or go up in the car.

Hello Gib, this website is a great source of knowledge for monster owners and lots of top people here too.

I rode to Gibraltar from London years ago, one of the best adventures of my life so far. It was post-monster, pre-kids and I took the mrs on a thundercat (dunno if any of you remember me or Yvette?)

Try putting clip-ons on the monster if you want sharper steering, although what you gain in cornering you'll lose in comfort! Depends what you want really.

Either way, have fun. I too am jealous of where you are - we love that concrete beachy bit round the back of the rock. My mummy lives in Alhaurin Pinos just north of Malaga AGP and whenever we visit we always take the kids on a daytrip to gib and the concrete beach.

Blufoot thanks for the tip, I'll look into it. Gibs nice in small doses lol. Thats why come the weekend most people hotfoot it over to Spain and go for a ride/drive/day out. Some of the best biking roads down here I reckon. Next time you're down, drop me a line if you fancy a sly beer.

Just give the bars a bit of a shove Gib, counter steering will do the trick

Nickj, I'm just used to being nice and smooth......or at least I 'think' I'm nice and smooth hahaha

Nickj
24-03-2011, 06:07 PM
just a smooth bit of pressure then , reserve shoves for really tossing the bike around on hairpins ;)