PDA

View Full Version : East Anglia Rideout - 2nd April 2011

Mohawk
15-03-2011, 08:58 PM
We are planning our 1st rideout for Saturday 2nd April. Details below:

12.30 on, meet at Seastar Superbikes, Newton Flotman (on A140)
13.00 leave Seastar
13.30 ish arrive McDonald's, Beccles. (roundabout on A146)
13.45 leave McDonald's
Gather at Marina on Yarmouth front

Mark is pulling together details of the route and will pass these out at Seastar, and at McDonald's for those meeting us at Beccles.

If it's heavy rain we will most likely postpone so please do watch this thread nearer the time as I'll post here if we decide to cancel due to weather.

Looking forward to seeing you all again. Even if you haven't been to any of the earlier meetings in the year please do feel free to come along. The group is made up of a great bunch of people. :thumbsup:

Let me know if you have any questions.

(We still plan to have our usual meeting in the evening and I'll post a separate thread with details)

johnsy
15-03-2011, 09:37 PM
It's definately a better time & more local for me, so yes, weather pending you can count me in

Kerry
16-03-2011, 01:44 PM
Looking forward to it. Bike should be all good by then
see Ya all soon.

Kerry

Mohawk
16-03-2011, 09:31 PM
It's definately a better time & more local for me, so yes, weather pending you can count me in

Be great to see you at the meeting Johnsy. It's a nice ride down from Fakenham.

Mohawk
16-03-2011, 09:33 PM
Looking forward to it. Bike should be all good by then
see Ya all soon.

Kerry

Glad you'll have the bike ready Kerry, should be a nice trip out. Just hoping for a fairly dry day for us.

Rich750Dark
18-03-2011, 09:50 PM
Ooh, bike should be on the road again by then. Must try and remember to put this in the diary!

Mohawk
31-03-2011, 08:02 PM
Checked the forecast and it's looking good for Saturday. :woot:

Nonnie
31-03-2011, 08:09 PM
It's looking really nice Moira. have made plans to be in attendance! Rod too.

He11cat
01-04-2011, 12:23 AM
Sorry I have to work ! :( but will be out soon!

Rich750Dark
01-04-2011, 02:50 PM
I'll be there! See you then,

johnsy
01-04-2011, 05:45 PM
Count me in, weather looks fine, see you all later

Mohawk
01-04-2011, 07:38 PM
Looking forward to seeing you all, should be quite a few of us. Can't wait to hear all those Ducati's together.

He11cat
02-04-2011, 10:07 AM
Just to say what a glorious day wish I was with you!!!
I'm now trundling to london in a car where I shall be inside all day drinking tea and handling animals ..
Have a great time :)
il be out next time you head to the beach.

Nonnie
02-04-2011, 10:16 AM
As usual I'm wondering where food will be scheduled in to this!

I might have to have a full breakfast at Goodies beforehand!

He11cat
02-04-2011, 12:06 PM
My dinner is via gregs the bakers :(
I'd rather have icecream on Yarmouth front

Mohawk
03-04-2011, 05:39 PM
Thanks to all of you who were able to come along to the rideout on Saturday. It was great to see you all and a real joy to hear all the bikes together, what a sound! We missed the regular folks who couldn't make it and look forward to seeing you next time.

The day went well with everyone returning home safe. Timing didn't quite go to plan and apologies to those who waited around longer than planned. Don't want these to be regimental but at the same time appreciate we need to respect some have other plans and may need to get away. So will try to do better next time, promise.

Other reflections from people on the day was the need to have the rideout day separate to the date of the evening social, we were all knackered when we met in the pub at night. Also doing both on the same date is a big commitment of time away from other things. So we'll be sure to hold these on separate dates in the future. The evening social will continue to be the 1st Saturday of each month and the rideouts dependant on what's on, or where we want to go etc.

Any other thoughts on how you'd like to see these events work, or ideas of places to go let me know. I'll post something up shortly about the Ducati Silverstone weekend in May as it looks like we will be organising a run to that from East Anglia for the Sunday

Thanks, Moira

Snips
03-04-2011, 05:48 PM
Nice to meet you Moira. Thanks for arranging the meet-up.