PDA

View Full Version : Luggage rack

AndyG
11-03-2011, 07:13 AM
Hi, could anybody recommend a luggage rack for a 620 Monster ?

utopia
11-03-2011, 11:56 AM
Yes....the one I'm developing..........:)
But its only at the prototype/testing stage just now.
Should be available later in the year, if you're not in a hurry.

Gilps
11-03-2011, 02:30 PM
Have you looked at the Ventura system? It's more than just a rack as it's a luggage system so may be a bit pricey but it's good kit.

Gilps
11-03-2011, 02:32 PM
... and there's this one which doubles up as a back rest, or is it a backrest that doubles up as a luggage rack
http://www.monstrack.com/backrest.html

J.P
11-03-2011, 03:10 PM
I used to have the Monstrack one on my 695. Bloody good for a backrest for the pillion, less use as a rack, but did give you plenty of bungee points.

Robot
11-03-2011, 09:34 PM
See if you can pick up some used Ventura kit.
I did and found it ideal for touring forays.

steeevvvooo
11-03-2011, 10:22 PM
[QUOTE=J.P;381870]I used to have the Monstrack one on my 695. Bloody good for a backrest for the pillion, less use as a rack, but did give you plenty of bungee points.[/QUOYTE]

yep, I had it after JP... now Ducmon has it. Was great as a backrest for pillion and was helpful as a rack.

Have ventura on the s2r now though and would recommend it :mand:

popelli
12-03-2011, 12:56 AM
avoid the givi rack / system

ugly as sin and are about 4" higher than they need to be

utopia
12-03-2011, 01:10 PM
The Monstracks are pretty ugly though, and not that good as a rack. Notice how a few people USED to have one but have since sold it. They are QD though.
Ventura racks look a lot better, but still a bit messy in my view. Also, they dont look as strong as they could be, and you can't easily remove the whole thing..some sizeable brackets are designed to remain on the bike.
Thats why I rejected them both and started designing my own.
Features of my design are .....simple fitment, decent appearance, pillion backrest, pillion grab handles in better position, whole thing is QD, leaving no visible brackets, super strong to take any amont of weight, stainless steel construction , uses original tail-light etc.
However, like I said, I won't have a finished product til later in the year....I'll post some pics when I have some.

Cutter
14-03-2011, 05:40 PM
I have a standard renntec (or renntec style - will have to dig it out and check) style rack that came with my 1996 900 monnie. I don't think they make it any more? But you can have it for much less than the price of a comparable one if you are interested... You would have to check it fits your bike.

AndyG
15-03-2011, 12:20 PM
Thanks all for the advice