PDA

View Full Version : Vespa 50 or similar wanted...

JerryT
09-03-2011, 08:11 PM
OK, not exactly Monster related but it's Italian at least:

Our soon-to-be-sixteen-year-old daughter has been asking for a scooter :eyepopping:

specifically a little Vespa... :pd:

She's quite style conscious - can't think where she gets that from... :chuckle:

So, has anyone got a Vespa 50cc or something similar that they might consider selling?

Rally
09-03-2011, 09:23 PM
Jerry, A customer of mines son is the largest owner in the world apparently. He has over 300 Vespas in France at any one time. He buys every Vespa from the Italian Police force and has done so for years. He has old classic as well as newer ones.

What's your budget? I'll ask him what he has around it if you like.

He11cat
09-03-2011, 10:29 PM
Vespa 50 specials where great little things!
Good luck .. I still have some scootering magazines here.

I get really angry when people call some jap twist and go a scooter!
If your going to have a proper scooter then has to be a vespa or lambretta..

dam
10-03-2011, 12:34 PM
Jerry, A customer of mines son is the largest owner in the world apparently. He has over 300 Vespas in France at any one time. He buys every Vespa from the Italian Police force and has done so for years. He has old classic as well as newer ones.

What's your budget? I'll ask him what he has around it if you like.

Does he have a website?

JerryT
10-03-2011, 12:43 PM
Hi Rally,

Price - hmmmm. Well I'm not really sure. A new one is about £2500 so prob around £750 to £1500 I suppose. I'm not absolutely fixed either way, it rather depends what's available and the condition. I don't have a guide on price at the moment so I'm a bit vague as to what would be good value.

If it was an ancient eyesore and needed a lot of fettling to make it roadworthy I wouldn't want to spend anything like as much as that.

This is the apple of my eye we're talking about here!! :chuckle:

JerryT
10-03-2011, 12:45 PM
AND I have to insure her as well!!!

OMG - the premiums are HORRENDOUS!!! :shocked:

dam
02-04-2011, 08:11 PM
Rally, did you ever hear any more about the scooters?