PDA

View Full Version : Suffolk Monsters

skellywag63
08-03-2011, 07:35 PM
Anyony from this part of the world want to start something regular?
Venues,dates suggestions. Lets get together and sort a regular meet.:idea:

Grumpy
08-03-2011, 07:56 PM
Funny you should say that, was going to suggest a north essex/south suffolk meet up!
Theres a popular bike meet spot just outside Sudbury at Acton. Or if there is somewhere you know Ipswich way?
Sundays are probably the best day for me.
How about next sunday the 20th?

He11cat
08-03-2011, 08:14 PM
I'm happy to come out .
There is a few of us here in ippo.

But if you chaps want to go for a hoon il catch you up as I'm afraid I'm quite slow.
I wouldn't want to bugger up a good ride!

In the summer there is Gt Bentley .
I often like to ride to the seaside.

Saturdays best for me .. But may be able to do some Sundays.

I'm not fit to ride on 20th i'm um booked for a brewery / pub night on the 19th..
The last time we did this oh boy :(
but I'm sociable .. But you may insist i keep ten paces back as I'm a bit iffy looking! :)

He11cat
08-03-2011, 08:17 PM
Not a lot in ippo .. I go visit the boys at orwells some Saturdays as always someone about !
Or you ride out for ice cream and chips.
Just don't ride past my house that Sunday my head will be hurting bad !!
No baffle less flybys up my road!!! Grr :)

Mohawk
08-03-2011, 08:20 PM
Once you Suffolk folk get sorted it would be fab to arrange a meet up with the Norfolk folk. Maybe somewhere like Southwold or Thetford Forest? I'll watch out for your plans and maybe join you for a wee blast.

Paranoid Dave
09-03-2011, 04:01 PM
Assuming I can ride and have a monster, I'll be free around may/june.

Rich750Dark
13-03-2011, 03:00 PM
The bikes' still in the garage from the winter. Would be up for something though, may have to get some tax on the ol gal and a few miles to remember how it all works first though!

Kerry
13-03-2011, 07:06 PM
Used bike for first time in ages. Got to work ok but flat battery when ready to come home. Need to sort it out. Don't think its charging right. But Will be out again soon.

He11cat
13-03-2011, 09:27 PM
I hope I've not passed on my jinx!

Rich750Dark
23-03-2011, 05:10 PM
Horay! Bike is back on the road! Had some MoT left so got it taxed ready for use.

It wasn't without incident though. Went to take it for a pre-booked MoT at 11.30; having fixed the headlights and washed it yesterday i got ready to leave just before 11 so a little warm up ride could be had (directly of course officer!). Then, no headlights. Bummer........
About 20 minutes of fiddling and i'd found a loose wire in the headlight switch assembly, must have been this which was giving me issues last year on and off. With 4 or so spare terminals it was a matter of figuring out which one it came from as none were obvious! Anyhoo, got there in the end but it was a pig to solder and can't have been held on that well in the first place.

Out for a quick run to charge the battery, which had flattened whilst fiddling with the headlight and dropped it off 2 hours late. Ho hum. At least i'll have it back by the weekend.

He11cat
23-03-2011, 09:19 PM
Who does your mot?

Rich750Dark
24-03-2011, 12:51 PM
Davey Bro's on Alan Rd. Convenience more than anything else as i only live a few minutes walk away. Or about an hours ride ;-)

Nonnie
24-03-2011, 01:53 PM
There is a rideout from Seastar on the A140 going to Yarmouth on Sat 2nd April I think that's right?

There is another thread somewhere here about it.

I am actually going to get my stuff together and make that one I think.

gennyfit
24-03-2011, 09:40 PM
Sunday should be sunny and dry.
My plan is to start from Hertfordshire,pass Saffron walden and touch some suffolk road as Haverhill and Newmarket,then stop for lunch in Finchingfield.

He11cat
25-03-2011, 02:09 AM
Yep I know Rich ... All il say is don't let them change your tyres!!!

Nonnie
25-03-2011, 06:14 AM
Sunday should be sunny and dry.
My plan is to start from Hertfordshire,pass Saffron walden and touch some suffolk road as Haverhill and Newmarket,then stop for lunch in Finchingfield.

Your day sounds lovely!

Rich750Dark
25-03-2011, 07:41 AM
Some lovely roads round there as i found out last year, Finchingfield is really nice. Enjoy!

As for the tyres, yeah, i only trust tyre people with tyres........

Nonnie, i've got the ride out in my calender so will be there, hopefully.

Grumpy
25-03-2011, 08:28 PM
I live approx 10 miles north of Finchingfield, the road from there to the Hedinghams is good fun.

gennyfit
25-03-2011, 11:53 PM
well hope to meet some of you around sunday.
will be great to organize some ride out all together for this bike season.

Rich750Dark
01-04-2011, 01:52 PM
Anyone going on the Norfolk Ride out tomorrow fancy meeting up en-route to convoy? i'll be heading up the A140 (or more interesting route) from Ipswich.