PDA

View Full Version : flat handle bars ???

jerry
06-03-2011, 06:31 PM
I want some slightly flatter bars for M750 it has standard ones now but I want 1'' lower and a 1-2'' more forward any suggestions .

the_adam
17-03-2011, 12:36 PM
The Rizoma bars I replaced mine with last year could be worth a look, couldnt tell you a model number but it's the "clip on" ones that come with a replacement upper triple clamp -they bolt straight into the top of it and rest on top of the forks so there's not a huge amount of difference to the riding position, they're maybe slightly lower than standard. They give you a reasonable amount of adjustment in one axis, as far as I remember you can get them completely flat but I'm not really tall enough for that :)

Only real problem is they come with fork adjusters, so you have to have them on and pretend (they fit well enough over standard forks though) or put up with holes that look a bit out of place. Being rizoma they're not exactly cheap either...I'll see if I can get a picture after work anyway!

Dookbob
17-03-2011, 03:19 PM
You could try Norton straights, I put some on a MV 150 RS and they looked and felt good.

BluprintZ
17-03-2011, 04:03 PM
I put stainless drag bars on mine Jerry, with risers.

G ; ) :thumbsup:.

gary tompkins
17-03-2011, 04:25 PM
Renthal ultra lows?

It's what I have fitted to the trike and they are lower than stock bars

utopia
17-03-2011, 11:22 PM
I've got Renthal ultra lows, but they're not a lot different to the original bars.
They are a fraction lower, narrower and more forward (which is precisely what I was after), but possibly not as much as you're looking for, I would say.