PDA

View Full Version : Fitting Oberon LED indictaors

Funkatronic
06-03-2011, 07:25 AM
Bought a set of these on fleabay

they came with an acumnen badged black box with 2 wires coming out that the seller described as a "Load Box" which i can use insetad of resistors, but i reckon it must be a relay

from my reading on here it looks as though the relays for the s2r are in the clocks so cant be replaced

will i need to buy resistors and put them in line or do the oberon led indies work without as some others have said on here?

any help appreciated

ali

cairojay
06-03-2011, 08:21 AM
Didn't need them for mine but I know that you sometimes do - its a bit pot luck apparently. Wire up one side front and rear without them and see what happens otherwise I think they cost about a fiver each

Gerry
06-03-2011, 08:28 AM
Hi

It looks like that box is a replacement relay. You may need resistors for the Oberons on the S2R, I did.

Just buy two resistors at first and put one in series with each of the rear indicators, that did the trick for me. You will be able to mount them neater under the seat somewhere. Make sure you use heat shrink to insulate the connections.

Cheers

Gerry

Funkatronic
06-03-2011, 06:24 PM
thanks gents

Gerry
07-03-2011, 10:19 AM
Sorry all .......

That should be in Parallel with the indicator led ..... sigh! .... old age I'm afraid .....

Funkatronic
07-03-2011, 11:01 AM
:-) thanks gerry

what Ohm rating resistor did you use?

Gerry
07-03-2011, 07:38 PM
Had a quick look at mine, values worn off and can't measure them because they are in circuit.

I had a look on the oberon site, they are 6.8 Ohms.

Capo
07-03-2011, 07:53 PM
I have Oberons and fitted resistors front and back, I discovered that only the front ones were needed. So I have a pair, wired and fiited to an aluminium heat sink.

http://i295.photobucket.com/albums/mm143/Tarugo996/03ae72c3.jpg

Funkatronic
07-03-2011, 08:04 PM
stuart you have a PM

bigredduke
07-03-2011, 08:29 PM
I fitted Oberon indicators to my S4R together with resistors after reading various threads on the subject. One of the soldered joints came loose and the indicators still worked ok. I then removed all the resistors and they still worked! :scratch:So it would appear they are only required on some installations. Probably worth trying without first, you can always get some later if needed.