PDA

View Full Version : First Ride of the year

leeplant
05-03-2011, 04:32 PM
Well......

Went out on my new S2R for the first time today since I bought it. Did't do anything major just a few bits round croydon and then down to pro twins with a mate. He just picked up his new daytona 675.....

I'm so happy at the moment I need to tell people.... Was so nice to be out again and the new bike sounds amazing. Few hairy moments but I just needed to calm down, its going to be a long summer. Clutch wrist hurts but its done nothing all winter so needs to bulk up. :p

Anyhoo like said soooo happy at the mo.

Will have to do my first UKMOC ride at some point too.

Lee

uksurfer
05-03-2011, 05:01 PM
Well......

Went out on my new S2R for the first time today since I bought it. Did't do anything major just a few bits round croydon and then down to pro twins with a mate. He just picked up his new daytona 675.....

I'm so happy at the moment I need to tell people.... Was so nice to be out again and the new bike sounds amazing. Few hairy moments but I just needed to calm down, its going to be a long summer. Clutch wrist hurts but its done nothing all winter so needs to bulk up. :p

Anyhoo like said soooo happy at the mo.

Will have to do my first UKMOC ride at some point too.

Lee

sounds like a good day, how about this next sunday, a few from your way heading down
http://www.ukmonster.co.uk/monster/showthread.php?t=40272

leeplant
05-03-2011, 05:12 PM
sounds like a good day, how about this next sunday, a few from your way heading down
http://www.ukmonster.co.uk/monster/showthread.php?t=40272

Sounds like a plan.....

It may be in the dealer getting a service so this short burst of fun may have a down slightly... just waiting to see if pro twins can fit me in.. Otherwise it sounds cool.

Mr Free Market
05-03-2011, 09:20 PM
Today was my first time out this year as well – rode down to Winchester to get the Monie serviced so she is ready for once spring proper arrives. I have to say that the ride down was more than a tad chilly – but heading home, just after lunchtime in the sunshine, was just stunning. Role on summer

Funkatronic
06-03-2011, 06:44 AM
youd be most welcome on sunday lee

that would make a trio of black and white s2r1000's though hehe

i found the clutch wrist a bit sore at first but to be honest have not noticed it once since the first couple of long rides i did

if it bugs you you can buy an aftermaket clutch slave eg oberon this reduces the effort required to operate the clutch by 30%

that 1000DS engine has plnety of grunt so just relax and get used to it, it all too easy to overdo it as i found the 1000 likes to be ridden more aggresively that the 800
maybe see you next week

ali

leeplant
06-03-2011, 10:06 AM
youd be most welcome on sunday lee

that would make a trio of black and white s2r1000's though hehe

They are like busses. Never see any then three come along.....