PDA

View Full Version : Ducati Days Silverstone - The Art of Corse - 21/22 May 2011

slob
22-02-2011, 06:17 AM
http://www.ukmonster.co.uk/monster/attachment.php?attachmentid=14882&stc=1&d=1298359000

We are now able to announce pricing for the Silverstone event on 21/22 May.

Ducati Days, The Art of Corse, is going to be a fantastic event with the chance to get the most from your Ducati, and to develop your own riding technique at an event designed to show why Ducati “is engineered by the stopwatch and designed for the racetrack”.

With only Ducati bikes allowed in the Paddock and on Track this will be a very exclusive event and one non Ducati riders will want to be part of next time! We have arranged alternative parking for non Ducati bikes/cars etc. Vans/cars with trailers etc with Ducati bikes will be allowed outside of their allocated garage to unload, if they have a Rider or Parade Lap ticket, and then relocated to a safe area.

This will be more than a track day and a chance for Ducati fans to experience all that Ducati is about, from a Museum of historic bikes to a dedicated Ducati training package, Ducati focused trade stands and a great atmosphere...created by Ducati fans.

With only 240 track places available this will be a sell out event. However to allow all to enjoy we have opened up the event to non riders who can come along as Guests, (unlimited Guest tickets available in advance), to watch friends have the time of their life and join in the fun off track.

There is also the option of a Parade Lap ticket giving the participant the chance to ride the full Moto GP circuit in a track environment with safety cars controlling pace, and on track marshals controlling the riding, this will be a maximum 3 lap experience.

ALL ticket variations (Rider, Guest, Parade) give the participant breakfast and lunch each day with entry to The Paddock and all viewing areas. Security will not allow anyone on site without a relevant ticket. and all ticket holders must sign on at registration each day.

Prices have been set (inc VAT) as:
Rider (choose between Track or Training on Saturday) £495
Guest £50
Parade Lap ( controlled speed with safety cars) £100

A limited number of GUEST Tickets will be available to purchase on the day at the main security gate.

All Rider and Parade lap ticket holders will receive a Ducati Days T shirt (size to be given on booking form) that says they have ridden the Moto GP Circuit at Silverstone. Ducati Day T shirts will be available for sale at the event for all ages and sizes, but without the “I Rode the ....” print to ensure the exclusivity of being able to ride at this event.

slob
22-02-2011, 06:17 AM
To book your space on this exclusive event, please contact your local dealer.

The weekend’s event will be laid out as follows for the Riders, and trade stands in the paddock and talks available to everyone with a ticket.

• Day 1 – Saturday 21 May

• This day has been split into 2 styles your customer can choose either:

• TRAINING

Or

• TRACK DAY

• TRAINING will be offered under the tutelage of The California Superbike School. The day will begin on the National circuit and will then switch to the new International circuit after lunch to continue.

• The Training day consists of 3 classroom sessions and 5 track sessions assisted on track by CSS Coaches. The focus of this training format is to work on areas such as Entry Speed, Throttle Control and Steering Input making a smoother rider and to ensure your customer gets the most from their Ducati

• Limited to 90 spaces (3 groups of 30)

• TRACKDAY will begin on the ‘International’ circuit running out of the all new Silverstone ‘Wing’ pits. Please note: Registration and welcome will still take place at the National Pit Garages

• They will be split into one of 3 groups dependant on ability and preference at time of booking: Novice, Intermediate and Expert (subject to availability)

• If they wish is to dial themselves in ready for the GP circuit on Sunday then we can help then do this. We have on-track instructors who can help for a session and we will also be changing over after lunch to the National circuit.

• Limited to 150 riders (3 groups of 50)

• We are running 2 tracks, on the Saturday, the National and the new International track (previously called Southern) so we can swap over at lunch time allowing all Riders to learn the full Moto GP circuit (minus 2 corners) in smaller manageable chunks.

We may not be able to satisfy all requests for Training as limited in numbers to keep Coach to Pupil ratio favourable

• Day 2 – Sunday 22 May will be all 240 riders (3 groups of 80) on the full Moto GP circuit. Run from the National Pit Garages

• They will be split into one of 3 groups dependant on ability and preference at time of booking: Novice, Intermediate and Expert (subject to availability)

• We have on-track instructors from California Superbike School who can help your customer for a session and we will also be offering expert advice from instructors in the pits so they can come and have a chat at any time!

Parade Lap 1-2pm (time subject to change) 2 or 3 laps of full circuit with controlled speed and safety cars. We are aiming to break a World Record for the most Ducati on track at one time.... this will be a sight to be seen (and heard!) . All those with a Rider ticket will also have to note if they want to take part in Parade Lap on the Booking Form as we need to run additional Health and Safety checks for this event

samieb
22-02-2011, 07:18 AM
After announcing the details with these prices, I'll be surprised at how many people do eventually turn up. £500 for 2 days on track is an outrageous amount of money considering what all your other expenses will be too. Fuel/ Hotels/ meals etc.

I wonder if DUK know that the UK has nearly 3Million people unemployed and the recession hasn't completely blown over yet..

In my opinion its more cost effective to ship a bike to Italy for a week.

Sorry, but this is quite frankly a joke and a kick in the financial bollocks to all Ducati enthusiasts. Safely say I'll be giving this a wide berth..

J.P
22-02-2011, 08:04 AM
California Superbike is £395 per day, so for two days it is cheaper.

Capo
22-02-2011, 08:18 AM
It would appear that this event is for the more privileged among us.

Stafford
22-02-2011, 08:39 AM

Bear in mind that if you don't have the training on day one it still costs the same which makes it an expensive pair of track days, also the training is one day only the second days assistance is what you get with any reputable td company. We'll go along for the crack, get some guest tickets and help on the UKMOC stand if required.

J.P
22-02-2011, 08:55 AM
You get a free T-shirt.......

J.P
22-02-2011, 09:03 AM
You could also keep you're eye open for the Bike Magazine 'reclaim our track' days for road bikes at various tracks around the country. Announcements to come in next months issue as a cheaper alternative.

samieb
22-02-2011, 10:13 AM
It would appear that this event is for the more privileged among us.

This is meaning what exactly Capo?

samieb
22-02-2011, 10:18 AM

J.P. I've no issue with paying for trackdays etc, but I think its a cheek. As I said earlier, its cheaper to go to Italy for a week and ship the bike once all your expenses are spoken for. Strikes me whether most Ducati owners can attend at these prices, other than the Desmo owners.

Anyway rant over. Next.......

J.P
22-02-2011, 10:29 AM
You're all right, it is expensive,

And that makes the UKMOC Trackday more attractive still.

GET YOURSELF ON MY LIST.

samieb
22-02-2011, 10:40 AM
J.P. I'll be in Sunny Italy heading for the Mugello GP when the UKMOC TD is being run, otherwise I would be heading over to Mallory Park, to join in. Hence the reason why I haven't booked it.

Anyway will be at Arrow Mill joining you all for the 1st time in Alcester, although stopping at the Travel Lodge. It'll be the 2nd time after the MOB Weekender 2010. As its a BH weekend it'll be alot more fun than the 'Silverstone rip-off' the weekend before.

:cool: :chuckle: :cool:

He11cat
22-02-2011, 10:48 AM
I hope it goes well would be nice to watch but ouchy!!!
My meager budget won't stretch either sadly.

scrapps
22-02-2011, 11:21 AM
So let me get this right..... If Heather and myself wanted to pop over and watch/support club members would we have to pay £50 each to get in ? plus fuel food ect
I would spend my money going to watch BSB of Moto GP

Whats the deal if UKMOC has a stand ? Does the club have to shell out loads of money to have the stand then its member loads to go and see it ?

jimz750
22-02-2011, 11:29 AM
Must admit, it does make my Donnington WSBK full weekend ticket with V.I.P parking and FREE entry to the endurance race in August very cheap at £45.00!!! Even if Burger and chips is £6.00.

Each to their own I guess.

Rally
22-02-2011, 12:33 PM
I must admit I'm also thinking we can get to MOB, Nurnburgring and Le Mans 24 hour race for about that much in September and that will include the hotel, ferry tickets and fuel! :eyepopping:

It makes you wonder how many will go to it to ride the track? :scratch:

Capo
22-02-2011, 01:00 PM
This is meaning what exactly Capo?

Answered by your next post

Capo
22-02-2011, 01:10 PM
At £495 a pop times 240 thats £118,800 plus say 200 for the parade lap @ £100 is another £20,000 so they are looking at £139,000 in revenue from the track alone.

Clearly Ducati UK is running this as a profit orientated event.

scrapps
22-02-2011, 01:18 PM
Its Shocking I cant even afford to go and watch :nash: I know it costs loads to hire the track and for insurance and other costs. But it still seems a event for the elite few and in these hard times thats not good advertising for Ducati.:mad:

He11cat
22-02-2011, 02:04 PM
The joys of owning an Italian blingy bike :)
it's a shame that it would cost £100 for 2 of you plus board plus fuel and food.
Fair do's if you want the training and the chance to show off round the track :)
would be better if spectator prices where cheaper no offence but alot of people would be put off by £25 a day to get in.
Would be more of a sucess if dropped the price for folks coming to watch and admire.

I spose at the end of the day you have the choice to attend or not.
There had always been a bit if snobbery in owning a Ducati but it doesn't mean we are all
wealthy :) yobbos like me have one.

desmo
22-02-2011, 03:01 PM
A real shame that Ducati have missed golden oppertunity to show off the marque to it's fans & the general public who may have been inspired to buy a Ducati.

I attended a Truimph Live event at Mallory Park last summer with a couple of work mates who ride Triumphs, it was a full weekend event which included demonstration races of Triumph Speed Triple, Street Triple's & Daytona's by established international riders.
In between the races they held test rides for the general public on all the range of their bikes.
They had masses of stalls, the complete range of their bikes were on display, they also had a huge display of Triumph's through the ages.
They also laid on free buses to take you to the factory for a guided tour of Triumph's production.

All for an entry cost of £23.00

I had a brilliant day out at an exceptable cost, you could also ride the circuit on your own bike & they had bands playing on a big stage during the evening (not sure if this was at extra cost though)

I was really hoping that the Ducati event was going to be a similar event & was looking forward to going, sadly by their costing it seems they want to make it an exclusive event for the well off which does not include me.

Capo
22-02-2011, 03:05 PM
I was expecting this to be more like a UK WDW, where the track day was part of the event not THE event.
No mention of the social side of things; barbeque, live band. competitions etc.
What exactly do I get for £50? to spectate at a TRACK DAY? no thanks.

Capo
22-02-2011, 03:08 PM
Even if Burger and chips is £6.00.

Let me tell ya DUCATI burgers and chips will be at least a tenner and sauce will be extra.

jimz750
22-02-2011, 03:23 PM
let me tell ya ducati burgers and chips will be at least a tenner and sauce will be extra.

at least they'll take away the bitter taste in everybodys mouth !!!

jimz750
22-02-2011, 03:30 PM
Should be FREE to spectate IF your on a DUCATI.

Gordon H
22-02-2011, 04:13 PM

Common sense prevails.........

samieb
22-02-2011, 04:21 PM
Common sense prevails.........

I feel that Ducati UK don't do common sense. However if Carlsberg were running the event know doubt it'd be different again..

:mand: :banghead: :chuckle:

desmo
22-02-2011, 04:46 PM

Nothing is for free these days, & in all honesty I don't think anyone expected it to be cheap, but it's very disapointing how they have structured this event, it could have & should have been a mini WDW with demo rides, track time, stalls, Ducati displays of bikes both new & classic, demo rides by past & present Ducati racers, bands playing in the evening & just an all round celibration of all things Ducati.

AT A REASONABLE COST!!!!!

bigredduke
22-02-2011, 04:50 PM
Maybe our future King and his little brother are planning to attend with their sportsbikes (if they can scrape the funds together) so DUK have priced it to keep the riffraff away.:idea:

I know that the California Bike school is expensive so if you are into that sort of caper, £495 for two days may seems acceptable.

It's not really my thing particularly, but I would have liked to attend just to see & hear the bikes but @ £25 per day it seems a bit steep. The parade lap also has it's appeal but to pay £100 for the privilege is too expensive.

I really would have thought that recognised Ducati club members would have been given the first chance to attend as spectators at a much reduced rate.

Overall, it seems like yet another Corporate Day, where clients are invited on expenses and the people attending are not footing the bill rather than a day for genuine enthusiasts who may not have such deep pockets.

Perhaps if lots of Ducati owners write to the MD of Ducati UK expressing their disappointment and unwillingness to attend they will change the pricing (for spectators at least) but I doubt it.

Capo
22-02-2011, 04:54 PM
Perhaps if lots of Ducati owners write to the MD of Ducati UK expressing their disappointment and unwillingness to attend they will change the pricing (for spectators at least) but I doubt it.

Good idea, maybe we should occupy Trafalgar square :mand:

Stafford
22-02-2011, 04:56 PM
Calm down, calm down. The £50 ticket is for two days and does include breakfast and lunch. There will be stands and other stuff going on as well with more info coming later I'm told. So that's just £2 more per day than the Triumph event with grub as well. Yes I think the day is far too biased towards the few for the track time when a WDW style event may have been a better option, although briefings and Heath and Safety in the uk would probably have killed that. I also think the last days track sessions appear to be pretty big, so expect some fun for the riders in those. We have rooms booked at £30 a night for two so quite a cheap weekend really until I find some bling to purchase. :rolleyes:

Paivi
22-02-2011, 04:59 PM
I wonder how much of that is the Rossi factor; they know they'll bring in the Rossi fans, no matter what the cost. A seemingly unlimited fanbase.

bigredduke
22-02-2011, 05:09 PM
Breakfast and lunch you say?

I think this will be a fantastic weekend and everyone should go!

Stafford
22-02-2011, 06:25 PM
ALL ticket variations (Rider, Guest, Parade) give the participant breakfast and lunch each day with entry to The Paddock and all viewing areas. Security will not allow anyone on site without a relevant ticket. and all ticket holders must sign on at registration each day.

chris yeatman
22-02-2011, 06:57 PM
Calm down, calm down. The £50 ticket is for two days and does include breakfast and lunch.

so if i went just for one day and didnt want breakfast and lunch, would it be cheaper??

wanted to go and have a day out at this event but at the cost of this i cant afford this and all the other things i want to do this year.

slob
22-02-2011, 07:00 PM
Since everyone signs on each day, you could go Saturday and give your ticket to someone else to go Sunday if you only wanted a one day visit?

two dukes
22-02-2011, 07:08 PM
It is very expensive to ride, the spectator is not too bad with food as well for both days, lots going on in May as well. Lets just hope the weather is kind as well, not that I could afford it but paying that much for a wet track day ....

Stafford
22-02-2011, 07:18 PM
so if i went just for one day and didnt want breakfast and lunch, would it be cheaper??

wanted to go and have a day out at this event but at the cost of this i cant afford this and all the other things i want to do this year.

There was a mention somewhere that Ducati would push for the riders prepared to pay for the two day package in regard to the TD before openiing it up to single days. This may be the case in respect to the Guest tickets as well and they MAY OR MAY NOT release one day tickets only dependant on take up on the initial offering.

rollo22
23-02-2011, 06:01 PM
Joi and I are booked via my local Dealer

scrapps
24-02-2011, 11:34 AM
Sounds better knowing food is included BUT a 1 day ticket would help people who just want to pop in for the day and not pay for accom over weekend. OR maybe a camping option at the track,making a very good weekend away :idea:

slob
24-02-2011, 06:09 PM
camping about a mile away is ~£10/night for 2 people sharing a tent

Speaking to DUK, they are focusing on trying to make a success of the trackday, if this is the case we may see a more 'flexible' event next year.

bigredduke
24-02-2011, 08:54 PM
Is it possible to book guest tickets in advance or are they only available on the day(s)?

Rally
24-02-2011, 09:05 PM
Is it possible to book guest tickets in advance or are they only available on the day(s)?

Quote; With only 240 track places available this will be a sell out event. However to allow all to enjoy we have opened up the event to non riders who can come along as Guests, (unlimited Guest tickets available in advance), to watch friends have the time of their life and join in the fun off track.

scrapps
25-02-2011, 10:42 AM
camping about a mile away is ~£10/night for 2 people sharing a tent

Speaking to DUK, they are focusing on trying to make a success of the trackday, if this is the case we may see a more 'flexible' event next year.

This is a event I would like to support and I maybe able to if the weather is good and I have a camping weekend away.
If anybody else is thinking if going up and camping let me know and we could make a night of it.

two dukes
26-02-2011, 12:20 PM
We are looking to get something sorted out for Saturday night somewhere, nothing too rich as we will all be skint already !!

Getting some people with local knowledge to try to sort out, travel lodge 5 miles away has rooms at the moment for £20 !!

gary tompkins
30-03-2011, 07:32 PM
You get a free T-shirt.......

Not if you ride a trike

jimz750
12-05-2011, 01:15 PM
Does anybody know how many on the day tickets there will be?
Just that I don't know as yet if I can go but will if I can!
Sunday only £15 I think !!!!!!!!!!!

Stafford
16-05-2011, 01:13 PM
Is there anything going on Saturday night?

LouSCannon
17-05-2011, 09:57 AM
I was only planning on coming down Sunday first thing, but might be tempted to come down the night before?

Rally
17-05-2011, 10:36 AM
I was only planning on coming down Sunday first thing, but might be tempted to come down the night before?

There's a spare bed in my room if you want to be kept awake with my snoring! :D

LouSCannon
17-05-2011, 03:34 PM
Thats what ear plugs are for....

Got nowt happening on Saturday night, so if people are stopping over and fancy a drink and catch up I'd be game for coming down?

Rally
17-05-2011, 04:50 PM
No problem Jim, if we see you there it would be good. There will be about a dozen of us from what it sounds like. I'm sure we will find a good bar and/or restaurant. :D

Stafford
17-05-2011, 05:00 PM
I'm sure we will find a good bar and/or restaurant. :D

Up to roundabout and turn right seems the way.
Just asked Ducati if I could just do the CSS session on Saturday, they said yes if I bought the full two day ticket. I declined their offer.

slob
22-05-2011, 10:42 PM
Huge thanks to all those who helped out, good to see old and new faces.

J.P
23-05-2011, 07:24 AM
Pictures !! please

MrsC_772
23-05-2011, 07:36 AM
Afraid I didn't bring a camera with me JP - my mobile phone is so antedeluvian it doesn't have a camera either. I'm sure LouSCannon had a camera with him - there was room for a whole photographer's studio in that Ventura tailpack!

As Slob says, nice to catch up with friends off the forum, though TBH I'm glad I didn't pay the full asking price to get in. I'm sure the guys doing the track sessions and CSS training had a great time, but it was very much a track event (plus a few talks e.g. from a guy from Ohlins about suspension set-up, and a small "museum" display of bikes including a couple from UKMOC members) rather than a festival of all things Ducati as some of us might have hoped.

Rally
23-05-2011, 09:23 AM
There will be pictures to follow JP, but I think we were all too knackered to load them up last night. I'll try to post some later tonight with a video of the parade lap as well.

Kato
23-05-2011, 10:50 AM
So was it a success..........I was lucky and did not have to pay for my ticket, but I would have been very disappointed if I'd have had to fork out for what was a fairly disorganised day, as a track day It was way overpriced, as a spectator it was pretty dull really, with not a lot to do at all, granted it was nice to see folk from the four corners of the country all in one place for a chat and a brew but that makes for an expensive cup of tea, trade stands were seriously lacking as was any form of itinerary or communication from the organisers, I'd hope Ducati try again next year but I think they need to start getting it together very soon and cater for everybody not just riders with a lot of spare cash, this time Ducati UK get a big thumbs down from me, if you didn't get there well all I can say is you did not miss anything more than the odd tumble weed rolling through the paddock.

J.P
23-05-2011, 11:11 AM
That's a shame, same feedback from Mrs C and Kato, and given the response we got from Ducati UK after the initial comments about the Ducati Days, I'm sure they'll take onboard these too for the future.

jimz750
23-05-2011, 11:21 AM
Afraid I didn't bring a camera with me JP - my mobile phone is so antedeluvian it doesn't have a camera either. I'm sure LouSCannon had a camera with him - there was room for a whole photographer's studio in that Ventura tailpack!

As Slob says, nice to catch up with friends off the forum, though TBH I'm glad I didn't pay the full asking price to get in. I'm sure the guys doing the track sessions and CSS training had a great time, but it was very much a track event (plus a few talks e.g. from a guy from Ohlins about suspension set-up, and a small "museum" display of bikes including a couple from UKMOC members) rather than a festival of all things Ducati as some of us might have hoped.

Summed it up Perfectly - If you could'nt afford the track it was Just OK.
Sure Arrow Mill will be more entertaining but unfortunately I will be at Majorca.

jimz750
23-05-2011, 11:29 AM
So was it a success..........I was lucky and did not have to pay for my ticket, but I would have been very disappointed if I'd have had to fork out for what was a fairly disorganised day, as a track day It was way overpriced, as a spectator it was pretty dull really, with not a lot to do at all, granted it was nice to see folk from the four corners of the country all in one place for a chat and a brew but that makes for an expensive cup of tea, trade stands were seriously lacking as was any form of itinerary or communication from the organisers, I'd hope Ducati try again next year but I think they need to start getting it together very soon and cater for everybody not just riders with a lot of spare cash, this time Ducati UK get a big thumbs down from me, if you didn't get there well all I can say is you did not miss anything more than the odd tumble weed rolling through the paddock.

2nd That Kato, Signage crap, organisation from Silverstone crap, tradestands crap.
Not creeping here but The Clubs and Museum garages was about the highlight for me.

I think Ducati would have hoped for more as would I for 2012!!!

Stafford
23-05-2011, 11:42 AM
I'm afraid that Kato and Mrs C are pretty spot on, if you weren't riding is was pretty dire.
Complete lack of trade stands, promised "dressing" for the club stands never appeared.
Went to the cafe half way through the "big parade lap" and found about another 60 owners having lunch that had not bothered either. So much for Ducati's aim to get as many bikes on track as possible. Seminars were good but quite empty, can't recall hearing the PA announce much.
The club stands needed to be next to the museum section, not away on their own.
Overall very poorly attended over the two days by owners.
As a riding event with CSS the price was OK, if I had known how poor the the rest of the experience was going to be I'd have ridden and missed nowt.
The Weekender is going to be loads more fun, roll on Friday! Mines a pint.

P.S. Also would have liked to test the Mutli and the Monster Evo "Oh no we don't have any demo bikes, you can't go on the track with them" I just wanted a road test "nope sorry no demo bikes". Priceless, what are Ducati supposed to be doing?

Rally
23-05-2011, 12:47 PM
I totally agree with all that has been said by the above, but hang on a minute, there WAS a highlight to the weekend........That peppered steak on Saturday night in the Bull, washed down with all that Cider was gorgeous!

Oops, did I miss the point somewhere................. Come to think of it, we got Bull from Ducati as well. :D

Capo
23-05-2011, 01:45 PM
Ducati UK got this wrong from the start, and given their lack of event organisational skills and experience the result was crap. Except for the privileged to whom £500 is pocket money.

slob
23-05-2011, 02:20 PM
Personally whilst there were clearly problems with the event, I salute them for going ahead and trying. Believe me I know exactly how hard it is to put on a trackday during this recession and I'm sure Silverstone ain't exactly cheap and probably doesn't give a discount just because you're the new neighbours. I hope that DUK can/will try again some time and perhaps having learned from this year can put on an event that's more like the festival most of us envisaged when this was first suggested.
If my track bike hadn't been destroyed by a myopic twit in a car, I'd have loved to have got out there and had a go. Actually my biggest disapointment is how close 3 UKMOC members came to winning the '2 laps of Silverstone on a Supermono' raffle.

Stafford
23-05-2011, 02:51 PM
Actually my biggest disapointment is how close 3 UKMOC members came to winning the '2 laps of Silverstone on a Supermono' raffle.

Don't mention the raffle! :cry:

desmo
23-05-2011, 04:54 PM
I was working this weekend, but had originally intended to take the day off & attend this event, but was put off by the original pricing & shedule.

A shame really, a missed opportunity by Ducati to promote the brand, as previously said, let's hope they have another go & make a better job of it next time.

uksurfer
23-05-2011, 04:56 PM
Maybe Ducati should have come to the Mill instead of Silverstone

:ukm:

bevelheadgreg
23-05-2011, 05:14 PM
I had a great time as a spectator - well worth £15 just to see the museum of classics. I think the lack of a chance to try a new Ducati might have been a missed opportunity, but if you go the the Ducati facebook page you'll see Tim Maccabe (Ducati UK's MD) is keen to learn from the experience. I couldn't afford to go on track, but then I can't afford a DS16: if I could, the chance to run it on the MotoGP circuit with Hayden, McWilliams, Maria and Smarty can't be something that comes along too often at any price

Links to my pics and Ducati UKs (on their FB page) at http://teambenzina.blogspot.com/

Rally
23-05-2011, 08:30 PM
Don't mention the raffle! :cry:

Not as annoyed as me! :Furious:

samieb
24-05-2011, 07:40 AM
Maybe Ducati should have come to the Mill instead of Silverstone

:ukm:

Please don't spoil what would appear to be a great weekend. :Furious: :running:

MrsC_772
24-05-2011, 08:49 AM
For anyone interested, Tim Maccabee has started a thread in The Other Place (http://www.ducatisti.co.uk/forum/ducati-chat/60661-ducati-days-ducati-uk-feedback.html), seeking feedback about the Ducati Days event last weekend. I think it would be well worth Monsteristi (especially those of us who were there last weekend) putting forward their constructive suggestions about what we'd like to see if they ran a Ducati weekend event again here, and how things could be improved.

Capo
24-05-2011, 10:18 AM
Why not invite Tim to visit the weekender to have an insight into the strength of the clubs.

slob
24-05-2011, 10:41 AM
There are good reasons, I'll explain next weekend

scrapps
24-05-2011, 11:21 AM
Sorry to hear it was not as good as people had hoped. But you have to start at some point and learn from your mistakes. when people said the weekend price was to high they added a day ticket price so that shows they listen to people.
Lets hope they learn from the 1st show and the next is all that people want, people who did go need to give helpful feedback so they can improve.

J.P
24-05-2011, 11:28 AM
Well, view it this way. How much can we discuss this over the Weekender !!

MrsC_772
24-05-2011, 11:41 AM
Pleased to see on the Ducatisti feedback thread the following comment from Topolino65

"Smaller low key events at club level are staggeringly well organised and with considerably smaller (aka negligible) budgets by comparison. A good example is the forthcoming UKMOC National (well now International, judging by the European attendees) Weekender in Warwickshire. Your roving sales truck will miss an opportunity there as well, especially with the new EVO 1100 Monster now on sale."

Capo
24-05-2011, 11:49 AM
Well, view it this way. How much can we discuss this over the Weekender !!

Indeed it will be THE topic, perhaps Slob can summarise and take to Ducati UK

bigredduke
24-05-2011, 12:47 PM
Just added my comments to Ducatisti FWIW as it seemed more appropriate than a single model forum.

Are we all charging Ducati consultancy fees? :)

Rally
31-05-2011, 01:12 PM
Well look what I just found on my CD of my bike pictures! They loaded about another 400 pictures of the event, everything (nearly!) included. Birds of prey, paddock, pit garages, aerial shots, the museum, seminars, Mercedes cars, all the outside stands and the Ducati staff. Just one thing missing really; The Club stands. :thumbsdown:

http://i786.photobucket.com/albums/yy142/UKMOC-Rally/MrsCatSilverstone.jpg

MrsC_772
31-05-2011, 02:36 PM
Rally, I owe you a beer for that photo - it's rare that anyone gets a half decent picture of me. :) (Normally I have a horrible "photo face" grimace when I know I'm having my picture taken.)