PDA

View Full Version : Need some fresh ideas to resolve some issues.

Saint aka ML
20-02-2011, 09:01 PM
Couple of days ago I have fitted a new koso dash to my 1993 monster. Now as some may know it has couple of problems to overcome.

1. Neutral light - possibly fixed thx to DukeDesmo's suggestion to disconnect the cable from +ve and just plug it in to -ve and dash. As dash already has 12V supply it should all work

2. Fuel light - should be the same rule as neutral light as switch in there is also of mechanical type.

3. Rev counter. When I have it plugged in to one of the 3 cable connectors that go from CDI unit to coil it behaves irratically. It surges by about 1k RPM all the time when at constant throttle, slowing down or idle. When accelerating in 90% time it is fine.
When I plug it in as per Koso manual with their cable I plug in one cable to HT lead, directly so it picks it up and one is earth. Then rev counter is perfect but bike runs on one cylinder. If I disconnect the earth it is still the same one cylinder. If I live the cable in but disconnect it from dash it still runs on one cylinder. It only runs on two when there is no cable or it is disconnected from dash and earth.

4. Need to know what is a thread size and pitch for sump plug to get correct oil sensor adapter.

Any help?

Also got the speedo working almost correct, been fighting with it for 2 days to realise yesterday it was set to show in kph grrrr.
I have a speedo setup to 12 sensor flashes to full revolution and circumference of 1855 mm.
At this setting speedo is pessimistic at 30 mph by about 3 to 4 mph (gps shows 32-33 while speedo shows 29). Do I need to increase the circumference or decrease and any idea how to calculate by how much?