PDA

View Full Version : Clutch cover

He11cat
16-02-2011, 12:52 AM
Out of interest would the clutch cover on an M600 polish up if you got all the paint off it ?
How hard would it be?
I would have it sprayed but the coating I liked wouldn't withstand the engine heat.

The only problem I see is it has the raised Ducati wording on it. Oh and the sight glass!!!
I want to get shot of some of that yuk grey green colour a bit more at some point.

Kato
16-02-2011, 11:45 AM
You mean like this

http://www.tonio82.co.uk/images/coverscloseup/p1020479.jpg

Mr Cake
16-02-2011, 12:26 PM
Oh and the sight glass!!!
I want to get shot of some of that yuk grey green colour a bit more at some point.

Get the engine warm, switch it off. Then lean the bike over so the warm oil covers it and leave it for a bit. It should disappear after a while. Either that or use a bit of heat from a hair drier, but nothing hotter than that.

C

He11cat
16-02-2011, 01:48 PM
Yup kato exactly ! I really hate that colour paint on mine. It's um dingy!

Kato
16-02-2011, 02:07 PM
The bike in the picture is Tonio's I know he used to polish it religiously, but as he would say "Merde C'est travail assidu"

He11cat
16-02-2011, 04:13 PM
Is that cr@p it's hard work!!!!
Everything shiny is hard work animal mineral or person!

I have his belt covers to polish as well arghhhhhhh!!!!
But it keeps idle hands out of mischief and beats dusting:)

gary tompkins
16-02-2011, 05:11 PM
JMo's 620 - smeagol

pegboy
16-02-2011, 07:05 PM
Mmmmmmmm polished wheels very nice

utopia
16-02-2011, 07:35 PM
I rather like the yuk, grey/green colour.
I was even thinking of having more of it.
Then again, I dislike red in large doses, so I guess I'm not quite normal.
I start to feel giddy after about 5mins in the showroom at JHP.

JMo's bike is quite spesh, eh ?

He11cat
16-02-2011, 07:37 PM
Thanks for that ......it gets worse.... please stop showing me more pretty things!!!!

As much as I would kill for a polished swing arm and wheels and yes they are stunning !!
I am not in the position for all that due to where I live may as well be a sandpit at the moment and me being a useless woman.
I could however vent my gripes out on lovingly polishing a shiny clutch case!
The green grungy colour is not giving me happy vibes...
I guess its a case of keep on top of it to prevent that horrid white corrosion taking hold :(

He11cat
16-02-2011, 07:45 PM
I liked that olive green bike that came up for sale on the bay ... really liked it. I like Khaki green but I look terrible in it!

Quite odd for me after years of matt black bikes I had a really bright orange one and the monster was black then little bits of colour crept in.
My wardrobe is 99.9% black with a dash of tasteless leopard print to boot..
The bike is now glittery rainbow colour with shiny bits creeping in..and quite colourful which is odd... maybe I have an alter ego trying to get out ?