PDA

View Full Version : Hello all

grinford
13-02-2011, 08:52 PM
I am new to the monster ownership so would just like to say hello and say that i am enjoying the M600 Monster very much apart from the trouble im having finding neutral, Has anyone any ideas on this.

Rally
13-02-2011, 09:17 PM
Hi there and welcome. Check the lever has some freeplay in it and also doesn't need bleeding. Check with the engine off and clutch in to see if it is easier then? At worst it may need some new clutch plates.

gary tompkins
13-02-2011, 09:18 PM
Difficulty finding neutral is a common issue on early M600, as was the unreliable neutral light. Mine was exactly the same and I think it's due to gearbox/clutch design in these engines. My neutral light often used to illuminate in top gear at 70mph. It sometimes helps if you select neutral while on the move, just before the bike comes to a dead stop. Make sure the clutch is bled free of air and has fresh fluid, as either at fault would not help matters.

Oh and welcome to the club

He11cat
14-02-2011, 02:42 AM
Ditto to GT above my m600 is the same I sit there looking stupid clonking through the gears to get my neutral!! It can give false neutral as well so always check it !
My lights come on only for me to find it's still in gear!

I think you can change the neutral switch?
I'm sure if you search on here it's been mentioned.

Nice bikes m600 s I love mine.

grinford
14-02-2011, 11:08 AM
Thanks to you all for your replies and will dive in and check all,

JerryT
14-02-2011, 12:50 PM
Hi and welcome...

my 696+ has always been slightly tricky to find neutral on. The demo 696 I rode was the same. It's a sort of knack you have to get... down into first then just ever so gently up into neutral. Too firm and you go straight into 2nd. On the move tho' you have to be firm with it so as not to get a false neutral between 2nd and third. A Japanese gearbox it isn't.

Char
14-02-2011, 02:00 PM
There's a knack with most things, my 750 used to give me trouble, you have to get to know your bike :bunny:

Blah blah
14-02-2011, 07:22 PM
Hello and welcome from just up the road... where abouts in S-O-T are you then??

Banus
15-02-2011, 11:25 AM
my 696+ has always been slightly tricky to find neutral on.

Great to hear that I thought it was only me! and I took adopt your technique - bit of a fiddle but you get use to it.