PDA

View Full Version : Mot

analogue_rogue
13-02-2011, 08:32 AM
Quick check.... I read through the testers manual and i cant find a reference to a number plate light.... as far as i can tell its not a requirement......

Does anyone have VOSA qual that can clear this up or does anyone know a tester that can confirm or deny?

or even experience of a bik ethat passed with no light?

Capo
13-02-2011, 09:06 AM
It's a requirement under the constuction and use.
I got done for a blown bulb on my van many years ago

CK & AK
13-02-2011, 09:32 AM
As Capo says - it is a requirement under construction & use so you should have it when on the road.
Its NOT a requirement for MOT - but a central reflector IS (many remove them & forget to replace them)

AK, MOT tester

analogue_rogue
13-02-2011, 10:49 AM
yeah i know cars require them.. but i cant find anywhere that says its a requirement for C and U on a bike (i used to be TVPs finest)

so i def dont need it for my mot?.......

S4Rs-Tone
13-02-2011, 10:57 AM
i just had mine mot'd with no light or reflector and termi's with out db killers and had no problem

analogue_rogue
13-02-2011, 11:10 AM
i just had mine mot'd with no light or reflector and termi's with out db killers and had no problem

you got a nubmer for that station?

Nickj
13-02-2011, 11:16 AM
My local guys are OK with loud exhausts, the plate light they didn't comment on one year when it was missing on the IE but did on the reflectors.
Seems to be a bit of local latitude in this kind of thing.

bigfiretruck
13-02-2011, 12:30 PM
i've never had a problem with not having a number plate light, noise isn't an issue at most testing stations just be quiet on the ride up their drive :)

CK & AK
13-02-2011, 02:20 PM
yeah i know cars require them.. but i cant find anywhere that says its a requirement for C and U on a bike (i used to be TVPs finest)

so i def dont need it for my mot?.......

I didn't mention cars :rolleyes: - I'm a BIKE MOT tester & quoted the current test requirement about your question for the rear numberplate light. Its NOT required for MOT.

AK

analogue_rogue
13-02-2011, 04:46 PM
I didn't mention cars :rolleyes: - I'm a BIKE MOT tester & quoted the current test requirement about your question for the rear numberplate light. Its NOT required for MOT.

AK

cheeeeeeeeeers :D