PDA

View Full Version : Ducati Owners Club East Mids

popelli
11-02-2011, 04:44 PM
The Leicestershire monster club region seems to have gone very quiet

However the Ducati Owners Club is getting its Eat mids section up and running again with regular monthly meets

Meet is now at Waggon & Horses Inn Griffydam LE67 8HP

Meetings are the last Thursday every month

PETE.AKO
11-02-2011, 06:23 PM
Hi all. I have been going over to Diseworth for years! The Guzzi club meet there a pleasant bunch! and as soon as the weather picks up there is normally a good selection of Italian bikes. Its a good pub with good food/beer come on give it a go I should be the on my :flag:750Monster :flag:

Hope to see some of you soon
Pete

Tony1100
12-02-2011, 06:24 AM
What time does it normally kick off?

popelli
12-02-2011, 06:47 AM
No fixed time

Usually around 8pm

Spike
12-02-2011, 06:53 AM
Might give it ago not been to the Bull in years

utopia
12-02-2011, 11:21 AM
I'd definitely be up for coming along, but thursdays are normally pre-booked for band practice.
I'll see if I can rearrange.
And/or is there another opportunity for east-midlanders to meet up?...I suspect there might be a resurgence around here lately.
I'll be at the Donnington WSB in march anyway, if anyone wants to meet..?
And there's always the six-hills meet, though I've never been so don't know what its like.
I'm sure we'll sort something, come the better weather.

jimz750
12-02-2011, 02:31 PM
Popelli - Still up for it and will def attend now weather is better and my Bike is now finished, no excuse as would be an ace night out and only live 4 miles away!!!

Thread to follow shortly.

WSBK - I have booked my ticket through MCN and got a free admission to the 6 hour endurance race in August.

MrsJel
12-02-2011, 08:37 PM
Have college on Thursdays, but will try to get over there in the summer as its on the doorstep

jimz750
13-02-2011, 09:04 AM
Anyone going to WSBK Donnington, PM me your mobile for a group meet up and I'll reply mine - not long now.

I'm going both days as its only 6ish miles for me :mand:

jimz750
14-02-2011, 11:15 AM
And there's always the six-hills meet, though I've never been so don't know what its like.

Not been for about 8 years but it was always packed then, think it still has a very good turn out as I still here them all hooning by on the A6006 at night.

popelli
14-02-2011, 05:58 PM
Not been for about 8 years but it was always packed then, think it still has a very good turn out as I still here them all hooning by on the A6006 at night.

there is a far bigger turnout just down the road at Ashby Folville 2nd Tuesday of every month

jimz750
15-02-2011, 12:46 PM
Ashby Folville? Not heard of that or the place!

I see, out past Syston, Queniborough way.

J.P
15-02-2011, 02:07 PM
And if you see any Monster Owners tell them about the Monster Trackday on Friday July 1st and the National Meet on Sunday May 29th... :)

jimz750
15-02-2011, 04:06 PM
And if you see any Monster Owners tell them about the Monster Trackday on Friday July 1st and the National Meet on Sunday May 29th... :)

Roger that J.P :mand:

utopia
20-02-2011, 02:36 AM
The first Ashby Folville meet is tues, april 12th.
Its unlikely that I'll be able to make Diseworth on thursday.
I guess there's the Vic at Coalville too, though thats another place I've never been to.
Anyone know of a good greasy spoon to maybe do a breakfast run to, before Donnington WSB perhaps ?
A run to Matlock sometime, perhaps....I haven't been there in ages (last time was on a '68 350 yamaha, and it wasn't a classic then, either).
A run to the east coast in the summer sounds like a "must do".
The Classic Bike Shows at Stafford County Showground are well worth a visit too...last year I got a set of hi termis for stupid money, and the year before I could have bought an ex john Cooper, Seely Yamaha for an equally daft price.
Also, I like the look of the Fenman Classic in Norfolk later in the year...meant to go last year but it didn't work out.
And the Thundersprint in Northwich, again a run I've planned for a year of two, but not managed it.
Diaries, anyone ?

popelli
20-02-2011, 06:17 AM
Queen Vic, my advise is that there are are lots of alternative pubs to go to in the area that are clean well maintained with good beer decent service and good food

Food close to Donnington - Butchers shop in Kegworth (closest village to J24) does brilliant breakfasts

utopia
20-02-2011, 12:23 PM
Queen Vic, my advise is that there are are lots of alternative pubs to go to in the area that are clean well maintained with good beer decent service and good food

Food close to Donnington - Butchers shop in Kegworth (closest village to J24) does brilliant breakfasts

Queen Vic....very diplomatically put...noted.
Kegworth butchers breakfasts....I'm assuming you mean "on the plate" rather than "in the carrier bag"...? If so, I'd be up for that. Seems like a fairly central location that should suit quite a few.

jimz750
20-02-2011, 02:41 PM
Don't know of any decent greasers on the way apart from the one near the Airport Services, though I guess it will be packed.

Could always meet and feed up at mine as it's just off the through road anyway and from there take the shortcut.

popelli
20-02-2011, 03:41 PM
Queen Vic....very diplomatically put...noted.
Kegworth butchers breakfasts....I'm assuming you mean "on the plate" rather than "in the carrier bag"...? If so, I'd be up for that. Seems like a fairly central location that should suit quite a few.

I tried to be diplomatic - glad you got the hint

re the butchers yes they serve stuff on plates and loads of room to park bikes outside and the food is excellent

jimz750
21-02-2011, 07:22 AM
I tried to be diplomatic - glad you got the hint

re the butchers yes they serve stuff on plates and loads of room to park bikes outside and the food is excellent

Is the Butchers place in question the one by the Co-op parking area?

utopia
21-02-2011, 04:53 PM
Just rearranged for thursday, so I should be able to make it after all.
Weather forecast looks good too, with lots of rain beforehand to clear the salt away.

Btw. I wasn't particularly suggesting the breakfast meet up for the actual day of Donny WSB...just anytime really, though either would be good.

popelli
21-02-2011, 06:10 PM
Is the Butchers place in question the one by the Co-op parking area?

yes sort of , sort of diagonally opposite at the other end of an L shaped carpark access way

jimz750
21-02-2011, 08:19 PM
yes sort of , sort of diagonally opposite at the other end of an L shaped carpark access way

I think I know which one, Has an old Butchers style bike outside. As your facing shop - Co-op behind on left and Church to the right?

popelli
22-02-2011, 04:31 AM
never noticed any church but there is a pub further up the road on the right

utopia
24-02-2011, 02:36 PM
So...Roads are clean and dry after yesterday's rain, and a warm, dry evening is in prospect.
Anyone going to Diseworth this evening ? ....I will be.

jimz750
24-02-2011, 02:48 PM
So...Roads are clean and dry after yesterday's rain, and a warm, dry evening is in prospect.
Anyone going to Diseworth this evening ? ....I will be.

YUP :mand:

popelli
24-02-2011, 04:09 PM
I'll be there

popelli
25-02-2011, 07:12 AM
great to meet up with you Jim & Jeff and put faces to names

utopia
25-02-2011, 11:04 AM
Likewise to you both.
Nice to bump into you again too, Pete.
The Guzzi club seem like a decent bunch too.
Its a nice pub, and seems to be on the up, with the new management. I'll try and make it more often. Maybe a few more will turn up once the weather improves.
Its a nice run out there from Leicester too, now that I've finally discovered the B road route out to Donnington, rather than the motorway.
I rode like a numpty on the way back though...unfamiliar roads, less than brilliant std Ducati headlamp, fear of unseen potholes etc.
The carbs were icing badly too, which didn't exactly help, so I'm off to grab some pro.fst now.
See y'all again soon.
jeff.

popelli
27-02-2011, 12:12 PM
yes numbers will be up when weather improves

DOC have agreed to us calling the region east mids and will be publicising the meet on other forums and thru the DOC club magazine

jimz750
27-02-2011, 01:53 PM
Brilliant!! we are now OFFICIAL.

Was great to meet all and no rain = more people. Come on Sunshine, getting bored now!!!

popelli
23-03-2011, 06:13 PM
this meeting is on again next week

jimz750
07-04-2011, 03:46 PM
this meeting is on again next week

Mean't to reply, was at a very boring works presentation - Yawn!

Next one if I get my leak sorted :thumbsdown:

utopia
07-04-2011, 03:55 PM
I won't be able to make it this week....got a gig tonight.
Will try again next time.

Panther
14-04-2011, 09:23 AM
bump bump

http://ukmonster.co.uk/monster/showthread.php?t=40680

jimz750
14-04-2011, 10:16 AM
bump bump

http://ukmonster.co.uk/monster/showthread.php?t=40680

Is that a YES you'll be attending Panther?

Panther
14-04-2011, 04:20 PM
Yer I will go down on Friday, not sure what time it kicks off. But defiantly can't make Saturday now....Shame because the weather is alot better for the weekend too

utopia
14-04-2011, 04:27 PM
Crossed threads here, I think.
Presumeably you're referring to the mallory desmodue meeting, Panther....?
I was planning to go to that on sat, might be busy fri, but will see if I can rearrange in order to meet up.

Panther
14-04-2011, 04:51 PM
Yep, sorry about that........ still referring to the Mallory meet.

It's a shame I can't do Saturday, but can't really cancel on my brothers birthday in London and am not flexible on time either as I'm catching a lift down there.

I plan to be on the monster, hopefully I will have the new headlight on it too, but the electrics for it definitely won't be finished.

jimz750
15-04-2011, 09:26 PM
Enjoy boys, can't do as off to the N.E.C for The Gadget Show - Suzi Perry (Phwoar)

Panther
15-04-2011, 09:57 PM
It was nice to see some talented people go round the track, and I got in for free too!

I also spotted a sweet Ducati Desmosedici RR parked outside too.

jimz750
17-06-2011, 07:33 AM
Hi Guys,

Any Ducati's going this month? Not been able to go in past weeks due to wife out and on kid duty and Holiday.

Will be attending this coming one - 30th June?

jimz750
18-06-2011, 09:39 AM
Weather permitting obviously - Don't do rain, thats for ducks and frogs !

utopia
18-06-2011, 11:44 AM
As usual, I'm booked on thursdays, but if the weather's decent I'll see if I can rearrange.

jimz750
19-06-2011, 01:58 PM
Im going if dry, not sure about Popelli and aka pete? And any others.

popelli
01-07-2011, 08:02 PM
excellent meet

good to catch up with you Jim

jimz750
14-07-2011, 02:37 PM
excellent meet

good to catch up with you Jim

Must be earlier next time!

popelli
27-10-2011, 08:51 PM
Meet has now moved and at Wagon & Horses Innm Griffydam LE67 8HP

Altaian
24-11-2011, 07:55 AM
If my new boots & ACF treatment get sorted in time & weather holds, then I'll hopefully make this tonight. Long way, but hey season's not over yet...

utopia
24-11-2011, 08:40 AM
Blimey, that is a long way from sussex.
I'm afraid I won't be able to make it this time, due to the usual thursday night band practice.
Dunno about Jim either cos he's sold his monster.
Attendance may be a little thin on the ground at this time of year, though the stalwarts will probably still be there and they're a decent bunch.

Altaian
25-11-2011, 12:21 PM
Hey East Mids Gals & Guys,

Nice meeting those who were at the meet - shame I missed the other regular antendees, but there will be another time... Glad I made the effort & will try 'n make a few meets per year. Now that I've broken the ice, I won't feel a complete stranger next time. Good to see that there were a few other Italian bikes in attendance - glad I wasn't the only Ducati braving late November... :thumbsup:

Yep, it was long way from Sussex, and that M1 at night certainly seems longer... But I was able to co-ordinate it with seeing a Friend in Notts for a couple hrs. Needed to break the new tyres in some how... :idea: The bike was ready in time so was able to avoid the evening rush hour & the weather stayed dry. Shame I couldn't stay longer, but had to consider a safe trip home. Still I enjoyed the company & convo whilst there. Pleased I was able to catch one of your meets in 2011, even if low season. Cheers for making me welcome.

The temp wasn't too bad (11°/12°C) but it was the wind which was more of an issue - doesn't seem quite so warm without the sun. Was a bit concerned about fuel once I hit the M25 :on: , but thankfully made it there & back on a single tank each way (2nd leg longer). Managed a new range record - 209.2 miles :eyepopping: , with 36.5 miles on the fuel light - but I was being a bit conservative once the light popped on, whilst still on the orbital. Not all fuel stations are open after mid-night, and the 'Fighter is rather partial to VPower... 17.33l in a 16.5l tank... :spin: Got back shortly after 01:00 post filling up. Even managed to avoid any unnecessary comfort breaks! :shocked:

Hopefully come late Spring /Summer, early Autumn, there will be some scope to do some of the journey on more enjoyable roads, and possibly ride in/out with others. Will also look at options for taking the Friday off, instead of the Thursday - so as to make a w/e of it.

'til the next time. Ciao