PDA

View Full Version : Exhaust

pegboy
10-02-2011, 02:21 PM
I am looking to replace my standard exhaust with some after market, either Termis or Arrows, but can not do it all at once. So i was thinking of getting some decat pipes for now to get rid of the Cat and then will get Ray (Rosso Corse) to remap for me which is easily done, apparnetly.

So the question is what's the best way forward, and what decat pipes to get. I found some German ones but waiting on a mate who is German to translate or the others i came across is MIVV pipes. Is it critical to get the right pipes i understand i need to ensure that the pipes will fit the slip ons etc but what else do i need to look out for??

All exciting times ahead, but the bike is just too quiet.:mand:

steeevvvooo
10-02-2011, 06:48 PM
mine is a marving. Bought it from Daffyduc on here, but think they are about £200 new?

I think they are standard fitment in terms of pipes i.e. they will fit your standard cans now, and any future slip ons made for the S2R1000 will fit onto the decat so definitely something you can do in stages.

The decat was a bit f a pain to get on apparently (Rosso Corse sorted it) but cans were v easy... even I managed that. Leo Vince with a twisty link pipe... mmmm :mand:

buzzbomb
10-02-2011, 07:36 PM
I've fitted de-cat pipes on both my hyper and monster, the hyper has a Zard pipe and the monster a Spark, they were both very fiddley to fit but the Spark to my mind was better quality and a much better fit. I got the Spark de-cat pipe from Chris at desmoworld.de and I find his service to be spot on.

Albie
10-02-2011, 08:36 PM
I've fitted de-cat pipes on both my hyper and monster, the hyper has a Zard pipe and the monster a Spark, they were both very fiddley to fit but the Spark to my mind was better quality and a much better fit. I got the Spark de-cat pipe from Chris at desmoworld.de and I find his service to be spot on.

Geoff me old mate I cant believe you haven't mentioned your Stubby termi. Cheap good looking solution and keeping the udder bag still.

Funkatronic
10-02-2011, 09:02 PM
you could get a beautfiful one made for you as some did on here by JAC exhusts in nottingham
for 150ish(might have gibe up a bit by now) but you would need to take the bike up to norfolk to get it measured

seach for posts by damon or geeman for pics