PDA

View Full Version : rev's up!

Jaron
07-02-2011, 07:34 PM
Hi all and a happy new year - not posted for a while which is good news I guess, bike been top draw for the last few months, even throughout the cold winter.
But... my rev's don't always drop when I back right of the throttle and hover around the 2000 / 2500 mark then slowly drop. Any ideas?

Also, I seem to have lost the ability to slowly feather the clutch. It's pretty much 1mm before it goes from one gear to the next. There is no looseness and that little pin that is within the clutch lever hasn't moved. Again, any ideas would be appreciated. It may have to go to Rosso but I'd like to avoid it, just become self employed so would like to keep garage costs down. I know what you're thinking - best of luck with that with a Ducati!

Albie
07-02-2011, 08:08 PM
Firstly before handing it over to a garage, it could be sticky throttle grip or cable. Or try turning steering fully lock and see if under tension. Thats what I would check first before going down the garage route.

gary tompkins
07-02-2011, 10:03 PM
By 1mm between gears - are you describing an on/off switch feel at the clutch lever? If so my guess is the plates are knackered, and possibly not far from slipping badly. How many miles has it done on that set? They don't last very long sometimes. Just replaced the plates on the trike after it went the same way.

Nickj
07-02-2011, 10:04 PM
I sometimes get tricky gear changes, one thing mine is a bit sensitive to is the chain tension. A little bit too slack and the gear change from 1st 2nd to neutral gets very tricky at a standstill.
I'd try bleeding the clutch to start with. The clutches are reasonably tough at least the oil bath ones, mines done a bit over 30K and is OK (that'll be the kiss of death I imagine)

The throttle not settling down is more likely to just they're out of sync.

Nothing too grim I'd think

Jaron
07-02-2011, 11:15 PM
Gary, by 1mm I mean there is just no way I can do any sort of clutch control, no feathering of it. The plates were new in November so hopefully it's not that.
Nick what do you mean they're out of sync? Thanks for the info folks!

Capo
07-02-2011, 11:27 PM
Are you saying the clutch action is like a switch?
Did this happen suddenly?