http://i295.photobucket.com/albums/mm143/Tarugo996/0bf7f0f0.jpg

http://i295.photobucket.com/albums/mm143/Tarugo996/77d6c400.jpg

Diego
04-02-2011, 02:46 PM
whoa! so much neater! superbe!

singletrack
04-02-2011, 02:49 PM
Very nice.
I like the new paintwork on the front mudguard too ;)

crust
04-02-2011, 02:57 PM
very neat :thumbsup:

Fugly
04-02-2011, 03:09 PM
Oooh that is nice! :eyepopping:

Any details in terms of cooling spec' and fan mounts etc?

Fugly

mintyhit
04-02-2011, 03:22 PM
I like it… you best connect that top hose to something though :)

slob
04-02-2011, 03:24 PM
I suspect it'll be coming off for some matt black paint once Stew's confirmed the fit.
It'll be even subtler then.

Capo
04-02-2011, 03:26 PM
The guy who made this rad is a CRAFTSMAN amazing quality.
Fans have been a problem, I had intended to use a 996 pancake motor on the left but its to large a diameter. The OEM fan will fit on the right hand side (this is how Simon did his).

It will be powder coated black yes you heard right powder coated, their process will not bridge any fins.

Sould be ready next week,

http://i295.photobucket.com/albums/mm143/Tarugo996/d272ef1b.jpg

buzzbomb
04-02-2011, 04:42 PM
Looking good Stewart..:hail:

Did you get Dave one as well..:D

Saint aka ML
04-02-2011, 04:52 PM
Capo if you are not using your stock oil cooler do you have it for sale, what state is it in?

Capo
04-02-2011, 05:10 PM
Capo if you are not using your stock oil cooler do you have it for sale, what state is it in?

I will be replacing the oil cooler, I need to get the bike back to fit the new one.

Its in perfect condition and fitted with a guard.

Capo
04-02-2011, 05:11 PM
Looking good Stewart..:hail:

Did you get Dave one as well..:D

Daves will be ready at the same time

cairojay
04-02-2011, 06:40 PM
Is it possible you could reveal how you modded the rad and does it affect cooling ability at all?

Me likey very muchly!

Capo
04-02-2011, 07:10 PM
The rad is custom made by Pace Radiators.
The smaller rad was conceived a few years ago by Simon Parrot (Marchesini) for his award winning S4R.

I assisted Simon in the design supplied my bike to Pace for measurements and conducted tests to determine the feasibility.

The tests involved fixing two 50mm wide vertical strips of duct tape at each end of the radiator and the bike ridden in various situations (town, urban and open country) and observing the temperature gauge, conducted in the hot summer the results revealed that the radiator was oversized and that the smaller one would work, the order was placed and the radiator fabricated, it was delivered without brackets and Dave Woods did the final fitting including how to mount the fan, he chose the same through mounting method as the OEM.

Simon to the bike to that years UKMOC track Day which was blisteringly hot, both he and Dave Woods (who is bloody quick) rode the bike, Simon reported normal temperature throughout the day. Simon subsequently used the bike to commute in London and again reported normal temperatures.

A friend in the USA(Duchead) was interested in getting one, however, pace had no record of Simons radiator, he asked that I assist him so my bikes been at Pace since before Xmas.

The radiator core is thicker than OEM and this reduces the capacity loss somewhat.

Pace do not recommend fitting the fan using the through bolt method and this production is fitted with with brackets to fit a single fan on the right hand side only.

I have a RS oil cooler that I plan to fit to provide some compensation for the cooling capacity loss, on comparison with the OEM item, the surface area is only slightly greater, however it is two pass so the delta will be greater.

All of this for about half the price of a new OEM rad from Ducati.

DucHead
04-02-2011, 08:48 PM
:banana: :banana:

I can't wait to bolt that up!!

Thanks for all your effort Stewart!!

He11cat
04-02-2011, 09:21 PM
That's really neat ! I like it !