PDA

View Full Version : Ooops!/New Spring Project

Stuart42
03-02-2011, 10:09 AM
Hi all

Decided to ride the bike to work today, so when I awoke to a clear, dryish, day I thought excellent decision.

So wheeled the 916 out of the garage, saw her blink in the dazzling sunlight.

Few prods of the starter and away she went, and ticked over beautifully.

Donned my waterproofs and even considered a black visor for the journey, and off we set.

Two corners later lobbed it down the road.

Oh well.

Cheers
Stuart

Albie
03-02-2011, 10:13 AM
Oh what !!! Obviously your ok which is good. Hope the bike not too bad.:twak:

scrapps
03-02-2011, 10:13 AM
ouchy hope its not to badly damaged and you are ok :thumbsdown:

J.P
03-02-2011, 10:17 AM
Rabbit run out in front of you ?

I hope you & the bike aren't too badly dented...

uksurfer
03-02-2011, 10:17 AM
thats the last time i'm lending you my bike!!

hope it fixes up alright, and better news that your ok mate

He11cat
03-02-2011, 10:26 AM
Hope your ok :( bike can be fixed people are harder to fix!

Stafford
03-02-2011, 10:28 AM
Ah, "something on his arse" now then, how bad is she Stu?

Char
03-02-2011, 10:28 AM
Any pics? :spin:

Seriously glad to see your OK

(Bex's - not enough Mr Sheen)

Stuart42
03-02-2011, 10:51 AM
Hi all

thanks for your thoughts and wishes.

I'm ok and bike not too bad. Quick look shows 3 fairings, mirror, fairing stay, clutch cover, screen, brake lever, all the usual bits.

Fairings I can repair apart from the top one which has snapped, so hope won't be too bad.

Guy who helped me pick her up said he reckons it was ice as he saw how gingerly I went round the first corner, so wasn't going for it as cold tyres etc. He did make me laugh as he asked it it was the first time I'd fallen off a bike. Didn't like to tell him that I'd been down the road more times than tarmac.

My loft store will take a battering.

I do have a picture, you ghoul, which I'll try and post later.

Indeed Stafford, good name.

Cheers all
Stuart

Albie
03-02-2011, 11:02 AM
Hi all

thanks for your thoughts and wishes.

I'm ok and bike not too bad. Quick look shows 3 fairings, mirror, fairing stay, clutch cover, screen, brake lever, all the usual bits.

Fairings I can repair apart from the top one which has snapped, so hope won't be too bad.

Guy who helped me pick her up said he reckons it was ice as he saw how gingerly I went round the first corner, so wasn't going for it as cold tyres etc. He did make me laugh as he asked it it was the first time I'd fallen off a bike. Didn't like to tell him that I'd been down the road more times than tarmac.

My loft store will take a battering.

I do have a picture, you ghoul, which I'll try and post later.

Indeed Stafford, good name.

Cheers all
Stuart

Dont know if Singletrack sold her as new clutch cover yesterday but was £35 for billet and in black.

utopia
03-02-2011, 11:02 AM
Aw 8ugger.
Cold tyres ? Damp greasy roads ?

Rally
03-02-2011, 11:29 AM
Sorry to read this Stu, but glad you're okay mate.

Darkness
03-02-2011, 11:36 AM
Hi all

Guy who helped me pick her up said he reckons it was ice

Glad you are OK Stuart.

There certainly was ice about this morning: the car said +2 degrees C at 07:00, but I still had to scrape ice off all of the car windows!

:spin::spin:

JerryT
03-02-2011, 12:44 PM
Sorry to hear that Stu, as you know Mrs T took a tumble a couple of weeks ago... Road conditions are certainly a bit iffy to say the least - cold, wet and lovely little rainbows all the way in to work this morning! Grrr!

At least it sounds like you are OK, but even low speed 'offs' can really mess the bike up. It's particularly galling when you know you were being careful.

Hope to see you on Sunday mate.

"Made a note in my diary today Blackadder... simply said: 'Bugger' "

Albie
03-02-2011, 12:52 PM
Sorry to hear that Stu, as you know Mrs T took a tumble a couple of weeks ago... Road conditions are certainly a bit iffy to say the least - cold, wet and lovely little rainbows all the way in to work this morning! Grrr!

At least it sounds like you are OK, but even low speed 'offs' can really mess the bike up. It's particularly galling when you know you were being careful.

Hope to see you on Sunday mate.

"Made a note in my diary today Blackadder... simply said: 'Bugger' "

Please note :
Low speed off approx 10mph but grabbed brake. gear lever and bikini fairing bracket but worse was the broken collarbone. Bike was ok thanks to R & G frame and front fork sliders. Food for thought

Pomp1
03-02-2011, 01:07 PM
Glad you're OK and he bike is repairable Stuart. For the snapped top half I've had good result with plastic welding. Cost next to nothing and results are OK. PM me and I'll tell you how I went about on mine

JerryT
03-02-2011, 02:09 PM
Indeed - the little yellow one now sports R&G's front, back and sides!

buzzbomb
03-02-2011, 02:38 PM
Sorry to hear about your off...:thumbsdown:

I've got OE levers off the Hyper, SF and S4Rs if they're any use to you..:thumbsup:

Albie
03-02-2011, 03:06 PM
Sorry to hear about your off...:thumbsdown:

I've got OE levers off the Hyper, SF and S4Rs if they're any use to you..:thumbsup:

Dont think 916 had radials geoff but maybe he may want to upgrade.:D

bex
03-02-2011, 03:25 PM
Nothing like a "I've come off my bike" message to wake a girl up with a fright in the morning.

I'm sure we can find something to soften the pain at the bike show tomorrow :biggrin:
x

utopia
03-02-2011, 04:38 PM
The first edition (spring, last year) of Practical Sportsbikes Mag had a half-decent article on plastic bodywork repair.
My copy is only a postage stamp away.

crust
03-02-2011, 06:23 PM
silly sod.

I've got some 916 stuff in the garage, mirror, seat plastic etc.

None of its mint but still usable, post up what you need.

chris yeatman
03-02-2011, 06:45 PM
oh mate, glad ur ok, shame about the 916 but all repairable.
i drove down a back road this morning, must of been icey cos the fiat's rear end was doing alsorts of silly things!!

LouSCannon
03-02-2011, 07:34 PM
Rabbit run out in front of you ?

Gotta watch out for them rabbits!

Glad to hear you're ok at least Stuart, something to keep you busy till the warmer weather gets here!

gary tompkins
04-02-2011, 01:50 PM
You just reminded me why I built the trike

Glad you are ok mate and bike isn't too trashed