PDA

View Full Version : Hydraulic brake light switch with venhills hose

rendo
31-01-2011, 11:50 AM
So..
rearsets fitted and thought all i had to do was replace the banjo bolt with one with a brake light switch, so ordered one off ebay. i notice that the threads are slightly longer on the brake light switch. while dry fitting a second copper washer allowed the bolt to be tighten, but, the original brake hose was now too long. I ordered a kit from venhils along with new banjos. the powerhose plus range of banjos are slightly shallower than the originals so i need to go and order the banjo bolts too.
The brake light switch i ordered is going to be way to long, so before i order one of the venhills version, does the monster master cylinder and the caliper have particularly short threaded ports on the hose connections. is there a prefered switch for use on brembo brakes or are they all much the same.

How have others connected up the brake light switch to the wiring loom, have you used the original switch and just cut the connector of and joined this to the new switch or has anyone found a connector available that can be fitted to new switch. think i'd like to keep the original switch incase i go back to original fittings.

crust
31-01-2011, 07:55 PM
I cut down the threads of the switch I bought.

You can buy the connectors on ebay

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/2-WAY-1-5mm-SERIES-AMP-SUPERSEAL-WATERPROOF-CONNECTOR-/360154967084?pt=UK_Motorcycle_Parts&hash=item53dae8ac2c

Dukedesmo
31-01-2011, 08:08 PM
I have found that Brembo cylinders (master & slave) have shorter threaded fittings than other brands and have usually needed extra crush washers to make them fit well.

The radial master cylinder and radial calipers on my 916 all have 4 crush washers on each fitting to enable them to tighten up without bottoming out in the threads - if you cut the banjo to suit then you run the risk of the hole being too deep into the cylinder/caliper fitting, even numbers of crush washers on both sides of the hose fitting keep the hole central. :thumbsup: