PDA

View Full Version : Fine changes

He11cat
25-01-2011, 12:56 PM
Probably old hat now sorry if it is :(
But I did not know having a small or non legal font / or covered number plate fine was £30 now £60.

tires ie worn.... on a bike was £120 on a car £60 .
They have now brought the £120 down in line with car fine to £60.

you win some you loose some .. but then again I wouldn't run on a bald tire on anything on the road.
But I did used to run with some teeny number plates :(
now I am legal once more with a billboard sized affair ...grrr:twak:

scrapps
25-01-2011, 04:09 PM
Grrrr I hate the full sized number plate, I have one on the Multistroodle cos its a ugly bike but do not want one on the Monster:thumbsdown::thumbsdown:

utopia
26-01-2011, 12:35 PM
... I have one on the Multistroodle cos its a ugly bike.......

Well there's honesty.

He11cat
26-01-2011, 12:38 PM
Sparkly number plate??? dam thats not allowed either :(

No fun allowed these days meep....

Darkness
26-01-2011, 12:56 PM
Probably old hat now sorry if it is :(
But I did not know having a small or non legal font / or covered number plate fine was £30 now £60.
But I did used to run with some teeny number plates :(
now I am legal once more with a billboard sized affair ...grrr:twak:

The gap between Hi-Termi' cans is only 190mm so that doesn't work with a full sized plate unless you've got a very short number!

:spin::spin:

He11cat
26-01-2011, 01:01 PM
The police where not impressed with my tiny one lined affair that was on my bike when I brought it ...
They don't like things written underneth it that are funny either ... yawn :(

JerryT
26-01-2011, 01:33 PM
The police where not impressed with my tiny one lined affair that was on my bike when I brought it ...
They don't like things written underneth it that are funny either ... yawn :(

I expect if you had something complimenting the Police on the fine job they do written under your small number plate they would think you were being sarcastic!

Unfortunately it doesn't always go down very well if they think you're trying to be a smart arse. When I was a lot younger, I got stopped on the Mall by a plain-clothes police car for jumping a red light. I hadn't driven there before and got genuinely foxed by a strange assortment of traffic lights at Admiralty Arch so unfortunately jumped my red light beacause I looked ahead at another green light 10 yards away. Whoops. Any way I was polite etc, but he just thought I was being cute because at first I didn't realise why I was being stopped. It wouldn't happen now 'cos I'm a lot older and a bit wiser. Also he'd probably be more likely to believe me because I don't drive an XR3i any more!! :D

gary tompkins
26-01-2011, 03:30 PM
It's always been the same with numberplates. Try taking the pi55 and you'll get caught out eventually. Silly plates are a major issue now due to ANPR systems in use, which have a hard time reading weird fonts or very small lettering. The the rozzers often take the chance to go over your bike in minute detail, picking up things like race cans or MOT defects on the way. So you aren't really doing yourself any favours.