25-01-2011, 08:00 AM
http://i121.photobucket.com/albums/o206/janspeedxr/37f2cc62.jpg

http://i121.photobucket.com/albums/o206/janspeedxr/imagegen.jpg

Paranoid Dave
25-01-2011, 05:45 PM
At last, a decent track to watch at that's near me :D

Mr.Number
25-01-2011, 05:48 PM
Wheres the burger stand ?.................looks awesome, its making me put my leathers on !

dunlop0_1
25-01-2011, 06:01 PM
Racing there in June, can't wait. :D

Mohawk
25-01-2011, 06:53 PM
Great pics, this is a video simulation from you tube

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r7DgSw_EARM

desmo
25-01-2011, 07:09 PM
Looks good, I might go to the BSB meeting

Rich750Dark
26-01-2011, 08:23 PM
Not sure i really like it. Where's the chicane which gave so much entertainment? Looks a bit boring but i'll wait until i've seen a few races before i pass judgement.

Lowsider
27-01-2011, 08:22 PM
I'll be there for the BSB race meeting starting on the 1st July!!! Can't wait it looks great!

Oily Fingers
27-01-2011, 08:28 PM
how long is it now then? looks like a good track to me, made use of the empty space at the top

Lowsider
27-01-2011, 08:46 PM
there are 3 tracks but the big Snetterton 300 is 3 miles long...

gary tompkins
27-01-2011, 10:20 PM
Too flat - where's all the hilly bits, and I want a loop the loop.. oh hang on that's only available on Matchbox Hotwheels.. silly me :)

utopia
28-01-2011, 01:02 AM
Top job, in my opinion.
Snetterton isn't a track that I visited at all in days gone by, so I guess I might lack the nostalgia for the old track that some may feel, but then a lot of the old features are retained, though perhaps modified slightly in some cases.
There's still the complete run down the almost as long straight, then the esses, bombhole section looks unchanged, and corams still exists, and there's still a chicane, though now with less chance of crashed bikes running back onto the track. There's loads of the old Snetterton left, it seems to me, but then there's all that new section too. That looks great, and does wonders for race spectators who can now see a few corners of consequetive action.
I dunno, that Jonathon Palmer (it is him, isn't it ?), I think he's not done a bad job for the race tracks of this country.
You can't do a lot with the contours of an airfield circuit, but a couple of grandstands or, preferably just banked open areas, maybe at the end of the straight, maybe another in the crook of the elbow of the new section, the infield viewing could be great.
That's Snett BSB on my list again this year then.

jimz750
28-01-2011, 08:07 AM
I'll be there for the BSB race meeting starting on the 1st July!!! Can't wait it looks great!

Mallory Track Day would be a better choice !!!

Unit 18
28-01-2011, 08:15 AM
Yep, he's done a fair bit at the MSV circuits, one of the items that was required in the planning permission was a noise cancelling berm down the left side of the straight which was done last off season, then the rest of the development was left until this one.
I go to all the MSV circuits (as Clerk of the Course) and while some may not like Mr Palmer, you've got to admit he does look after the circuits and I think you do require a strong businessman in these trying times, the amount of pressure on circuit owners regarding noise etc is ever increasing and won't be going away.

utopia
28-01-2011, 11:58 AM
Agreed.
There will always be some who have different views...you can't please all the people, all of the time.
I think we're lucky to have someone with his enthusiasm, financial clout and business skills on the case.
It could certainly be a lot worse, viz the Donnington debacle.
I say, nice one Mr Palmer.
You can tell him I said so.
As long as he doesn't get too much conrol and get carried away, things should be fine.

utopia
28-01-2011, 12:03 PM

Drat, and double drat.
Is it the same date.
Ah well, you're correct of course....mallory is the better choice.

Lowsider
28-01-2011, 01:12 PM

It would be but I'll be Marshaling the event rather than visiting...