PDA

View Full Version : Stainless Steel Bolts etc

sbhumphrey
24-01-2011, 10:53 AM
Thinking of replacing as many of the existing bolts on my m900 with stainless steel ones. I have seen some sets on ebay but they seem to be generic rather tha make/model specific. Does anybody know of somewhere that does make/model specific sets or should I just take a punt on a generic one?

uksurfer
24-01-2011, 11:02 AM
i get my bolts from Holbury Tool Hire if thats any good for you, but i take one in to get exact match

Char
24-01-2011, 12:05 PM
Or if your loaded

http://www.tastynuts.com/ :rolleyes:

He11cat
24-01-2011, 01:05 PM
yup used them..
just sold a bike with stainless bolts pretty much all over .

Now got to at some point start on the Monster oh joy.....he has a few odd shiny ones from pro bolt on him. But not many and thats quite far down the list.

Pomp1
24-01-2011, 01:11 PM
Local suppliers are always the best. You can take one bit at the time and they won't charge a fortune.It may be worth getting few of the same thread and say, 65mm length and then cut them down to size as you need them(if you have access to a vice that is).Simply thread a nut in, cut above it, file and remove nut. Be careful thought as not all the bolts should be changed for stainless for reason beyond my simple brain.
Capo should be able to tell you more about this.

mintyhit
24-01-2011, 01:24 PM
I got most of mine re-plated instead of replacing them, cost me about £75 for every nut and bolt I could remove.

They look like they have come straight from the factory.

popelli
24-01-2011, 06:54 PM
custom fasteners do kits for most bikes

local hardware often cheaper

screw fix sell bags of 100 at good prices

for odd ball sizes stigs fasteners have an excellent on line website and mail order service