PDA

View Full Version : New Memeber from Southampton

sbhumphrey
21-01-2011, 03:52 PM
After various bikes chosen with my head over my heart I have just become the owner of a '95 900m. She is mechanical sound, MOT'd and taxed but she does need a little care and attention cosmetically. I am hoping to get some hints and tips from the forum and hopefully learn a bit more about Monsters than I do now. The plan is to continue to ride her from now until next winter but do as many of the bits I can without taking her off the road. As I said she is not looking her best so as I need to add some paint and powder coating I intend to make her a little individual along the way. Please excuse any daft questions I am pretty sure I will ask going forward :thumbsup:

J.P
21-01-2011, 03:57 PM
No such thing as a daft question.
Welcome to the club, we've gots lots going on over the summer and planty of advice if and when you need it.

Gordon H
21-01-2011, 03:58 PM
Hi and welcome - plenty of us around this area and lots going on as the year progresses.........

And especially good to see another m900. :thumbsup:

Cheers

Gordon

Rally
21-01-2011, 03:59 PM
Again, welcome to the Club and one of the most active areas in the Uk as well. :)

Gordon H
21-01-2011, 04:03 PM
Again, welcome to the Club and one of the most active areas in the Uk as well. :)

with the next event being the breakfast meet around 10:30 at Hill Top cafe near Salisbury........

Sunday Feb 6th........ with a bit of luck we'll have a window in the weather and get the bikes out.

uksurfer
21-01-2011, 05:13 PM
Hi steve and welcome to the club, your fortunate to be in such a good area ;-)

Have to keep your eyes peeled on the Hants/Wilts areas for trips and amusement.....

http://www.ukmonster.co.uk/monster/showthread.php?t=39561

http://www.ukmonster.co.uk/monster/showthread.php?t=39668

See you around :thumbsup:

Darkness
21-01-2011, 05:18 PM
After various bikes chosen with my head over my heart I have just become the owner of a '95 900m. :thumbsup:

Greetings!

Good choice!

:spin::spin:

slob
21-01-2011, 05:50 PM
No such thing as a daft question.

Just a daft answer.

hello and welcome

Pomp1
21-01-2011, 05:50 PM
HI and welcome! a '95 900? nice find..any details like color? fire those questions away, plenty of people here that can help..

chris yeatman
21-01-2011, 08:13 PM
hi and welcome
often in the hampshire area with one thing and another.
as others have said there is a meet at hilltop cafe in salisbury on feb 6th.

http://www.ukmonster.co.uk/monster/showthread.php?t=39684

sbhumphrey
22-01-2011, 09:06 AM
Thanks for the great welcome. Not sure I can make the 6th as I have family visiting that weekend but I will keep an eye on any other dates. My Monster is currently black with the gold frame and silver wheels but as I said all of these need repainting. With this in mind the temptation is to stick with the black tank, panels etc and maybe go black with the wheels and red with the trellis...... that said there are so many nice variations out there I need to look a little more before I decide....

Char
22-01-2011, 11:58 AM
Hi

Hope to see you out and about soon! (quite a lot of us are in hibernation and drive to breakfast meets)

Char

bex
22-01-2011, 12:12 PM
(quite a lot of us are in hibernation and drive to breakfast meets)

...yes, on two wheels, all the way from Londontowninnit! :biggrin:

Welcome!

Gordon H
22-01-2011, 12:44 PM
Hi

Hope to see you out and about soon! (quite a lot of us are in hibernation and drive to breakfast meets)

Char

Apart from the more hard core Hants types who have yet to drive to a brekkie meet this winter........

JerryT
22-01-2011, 04:06 PM
Hiya! Welcome aboard, you'll find the club members very helpful and The Hampsters are a fine lot, if I may say so (ahem, being a fairly recent newcomer myself...)

Hopefully we'll see you soon. :thumbsup:

JT