PDA

View Full Version : Raising handlebars - any advice?

MrsJel
21-01-2011, 03:36 PM
So, last night I went and sat on the new tiger 800 and I really liked it - how does that relate to the monster?

Well I liked the upright seating position, so I thought the slightly cheaper option (remembering this is Ducati) than buying a new triumph would be to sort out the riding position on the 696.

Anyone done it and what worked for you? Would it be risers?, bars?, both?

Carole

Rally
21-01-2011, 03:58 PM
Not on a 696 but on a S4RS and S4R. It is easy and makes a big difference to the sitting position and comfort in my opinion. There are many types available, check them out on E-Bay.

Funkatronic
21-01-2011, 04:14 PM
you could also look at Rizoma Handlebars MA005, these are a bit higher and more swept back then the stock bars

buzzbomb
21-01-2011, 04:36 PM
you could also look at Rizoma Handlebars MA005, these are a bit higher and more swept back then the stock bars

#1 on the rizoma bars, I've fitted them on quite afew monsters, my own hypermotard and a couple of streetfighters, they are alittle more swept back and approx. 50mm higher.
It makes the riding position more up right, not so sporty as the standard bars but alot more comfortable which works for some but not every one.
To my mind they are a really good quality product and if you google moorespeedracing.com you'll see them on thier site and they usually have them in stock.

Dookbob
24-01-2011, 07:24 PM
search for the thread named " budget handlebar risers" from Dunlopo 1. he shows a realy neat , multi adjustable system that he dreamed up himself, at a very cheap cost.