18-06-2011, 09:36 AM
No Limits website shows the event as 'Sold Out'

Is this right ?

Any update on availability please??

Quite fancy trundling my ST around Mallory :mand:

Cheers - Frank

scrapps
18-06-2011, 09:51 AM
I am sure there is still room PM SLOB for details.

Prob shows full as its a club event.:ukm:

J.P
19-06-2011, 11:51 AM
go to the first post and follow the detail for booking we still have space.

slob
19-06-2011, 12:15 PM
There's still space available Frank. It shows as sold out because, like a fool I booked the lot.

JerryT
19-06-2011, 01:46 PM
I hope you are not going to be out of pocket over this? :on:

J.P
19-06-2011, 08:38 PM
Likely looking like I'll be on the Multistrada unfortunately. Got a call from Ducati Proteam Saturday to tell me the bike's not reacting to the ignition key and he'll need the red key to give it a go, but being on hols makes that impossible for the next week. And unless some miracle means he can get it fixed in two days I'll have no option but to bring the Multi instead.... :(
It is Bloody fast though.... :)

slob
19-06-2011, 09:49 PM
I hope you are not going to be out of pocket over this? :on:

Me too but that's looking likely unless we get a sudden rush of entries.

Kemp1
20-06-2011, 08:03 PM
I'm hoping to join you but can only pay on the 1st so fingers crossed there maybe one novice place left on the day -I'd love it to be my first track day :mand:

1100steve
21-06-2011, 02:40 PM
Arse. Not staying at Kirkby Lodge anymore due to a balls up on the booking front (by me).

Staying at The Oaks now just round the corner. 40 quid a night for a single room - bargain!

Also the mate I said might be interested has come off of his pushbike (DH) and pulled his shoulder out...so he's out, sorry.

Looking forward to it.....'

Stafford
23-06-2011, 08:15 PM
http://i139.photobucket.com/albums/q297/stafford23/kitchener.jpg

J.P
24-06-2011, 07:53 AM
Damn good show Stafford.

Stafford
24-06-2011, 08:08 AM
Damn good show Stafford.

Should I have put "God save the Slob"?

slob
24-06-2011, 08:19 AM
Oh dear, I'm an atheist...

Stafford
24-06-2011, 08:36 AM
Oh dear, I'm an atheist...

Right now you need all the help you can get Slob :hail:

steeevvvooo
24-06-2011, 11:51 AM
got a mates money to sign him up.

Forms on the way over JP... :woot:

J.P
24-06-2011, 02:00 PM
It's picking up but still plenty of space for friends and family. :)

slob
24-06-2011, 02:31 PM
...or Monster Owners who haven't signed up yet!

Stafford
25-06-2011, 11:05 AM
If you need to know a little more about Mallory in advance there are some tips in this months Bike magazine.
Does anyone want a thread started on tips for the day?

mazydog
25-06-2011, 03:44 PM
If you need to know a little more about Mallory in advance there are some tips in this months Bike magazine.
Does anyone want a thread started on tips for the day?

Tip 1 dont leave in anything with a blue light on the roof

crust
25-06-2011, 09:28 PM
Dont forget your bikes key
:o

NattyBoy
25-06-2011, 09:42 PM
..don't forget the key to the lock and chain that has secured your track bike overnight to the trailer.:twak::shocked:

S4Rs MacK
26-06-2011, 01:10 PM
Staffs, i take it you were talkin about June's edition of Bike. I just bought this months (July) and theres bugger all about Mallory in it! !!!!!!

craigie
26-06-2011, 04:19 PM
Staffs, i take it you were talkin about June's edition of Bike. I just bought this months (July) and theres bugger all about Mallory in it! !!!!!!

August's, not too sure why we get magazines from the future.....

randall356
27-06-2011, 07:27 AM
Anyone staying in the Travellers Inn on the Thursday night?

NattyBoy
27-06-2011, 08:09 AM
Bring the water boys - its gonna be a warm one !

Stafford
27-06-2011, 08:10 AM

Oops, yes as a subscriber I can time travel into the future.

weeksy
27-06-2011, 09:30 AM
Try not to stone the Heretic please gents. I'll be on this

http://i.ebayimg.com/00/$(KGrHqZ,!igE3(-rF9,iBN+lDMfsvQ~~_12.JPG

J.P
27-06-2011, 02:57 PM
Weeksy, have you booked a space then, because you haven't booked or paid via me ????

slob
27-06-2011, 06:12 PM
I'm still marvelling at the race number on the bin rather than the bike.

Albie
27-06-2011, 06:33 PM
I'm still marvelling at the race number on the bin rather than the bike.

Maybe its Chris Walkers Bike :mand::mand:

weeksy
27-06-2011, 07:17 PM
Weeksy, have you booked a space then, because you haven't booked or paid via me ????

No sir, i was chatting with Slob via PM, i wasn't aware you were even in the equation. Apologies for sounding arrogant etc if i did.

I'm still not 100% certain yet. The bike has arrived tonight and seems OK, no issues or problems on that side of things, that was step 1. Step 2 is the necessary finances as i still have to pay for the bike and put the money back in the other account etc. I won't know the answer to that until Weds morning. If that all falls into place i will do whatever is needed and then Crust will be bringing my bike in the van, i'll be coming up in the car.

If i need any more information, feel free to shout me.

J.P
27-06-2011, 07:23 PM
ok crossed up between Slob and I, let either of us know if you can make it. :)

Stafford
28-06-2011, 09:29 AM
Any recommendations of where to get dinner for those at the Nuneaton Travel Lodge?
Possibles (http://www.thegreatfoodguide.com/list-places.aspx?town=Nuneaton&countyid=44)

slob
28-06-2011, 10:08 AM
The Royal Arms!

NattyBoy
28-06-2011, 11:15 AM
Got nicked for bloody speeding yesterday and the rozzers have taken my licence. I've got a yellow slip/receipt so I'm hoping thats OK for Friday !!

scrapps
28-06-2011, 11:22 AM
Got nicked for bloody speeding yesterday and the rozzers have taken my licence. I've got a yellow slip/receipt so I'm hoping thats OK for Friday !!

Doh that was a silly thing to do. hope they will let you on the track but my dealings with trackdays I would not be that sure :scratch:

Best you give not limits a call first ?

weeksy
28-06-2011, 11:53 AM
NL are able to phone DVLA and check your licence. They may charge you a penny or 3 though.

Stafford
28-06-2011, 12:07 PM
NL are able to phone DVLA and check your licence. They may charge you a penny or 3 though.

Last year a £5.

Lochy
28-06-2011, 12:15 PM
not been here for while.....so is here anyone riding from London thursday afternoon (4-5pm) i can join??

Rally
28-06-2011, 12:15 PM
Any recommendations of where to get dinner for those at the Nuneaton Travel Lodge?
Possibles (http://www.thegreatfoodguide.com/list-places.aspx?town=Nuneaton&countyid=44)

Anywhere with good food and drink within walking distance gets my vote. :thumbsup:

steeevvvooo
28-06-2011, 12:28 PM
Anywhere with good food and drink within walking distance gets my vote. :thumbsup:

+1

Although debating staying on the diet coke after my "expedition" at Brands... think I need my wits about me at Mallory!! :look: :running:

Stafford
28-06-2011, 12:56 PM
+1

Although debating staying on the diet coke after my "expedition" at Brands... think I need my wits about me at Mallory!! :look: :running:

I wasn't planning on getting trashed, but do tell more about your "expedition"

Rally
28-06-2011, 02:05 PM
I wasn't planning on getting trashed, but do tell more about your "expedition"

Steve went grass cutting at Clearways, whilst I did the ameteur bit and came out of Druids sideways, got on the rumble strip and couldn't take my eyes off it. Yes you do go where you look, all the way to the end of it before finding the track again. :shocked:

steeevvvooo
28-06-2011, 02:22 PM
as above! Pretty good effort considering we were "parading" :rolleyes: :mand:

Albie
28-06-2011, 02:39 PM
as above! Pretty good effort considering we were "parading" :rolleyes: :mand:

I wish I had taken my mini video cam now :dizzy:

pegboy
28-06-2011, 03:36 PM
not long now just a few more sleeps, hope the weather holds out.

marchesini
28-06-2011, 04:33 PM
Wahey,
I've got the day off so, all I have to do now is:

1. Book the day and shell out relevant fiscal matter
2. Get towbar fitted to car (Thursday morning.. hopefully)
3. Buy battery (should be waiting for me at home)
4. Check bike is still there where I left it - it's the 853 - not the Monster and hope it starts. Item No. 3 should help.
5. Get crayons out to make home-made numberplate for trailer. I believe that the trailer and the car number plates have to match - bloody EEC bureaucracy! I thought any old number plate would do - let's hope it doesn't rain.
6. Find some room at the inn - recommendations anyone?
7. Find driving licences and tippex out the bans
8. Start taking the **** out of NattyBoy and keep reminding myself not to follow Slob too closely round when exiting corners ;)
9.And finally, find the instruction manual on how to ride a bike. I haven't ridden one since last August...

ho, hum. see you all there. I'll be the one who's late.

S

Albie
28-06-2011, 04:41 PM
Wahey,

4. Check bike is still there where I left it - it's the 853 - not the Monster and hope it starts. Item No. 3 should help.
5. Get crayons out to make home-made numberplate for trailer. I believe that the trailer and the car number plates have to match - bloody EEC bureaucracy! I thought any old number plate would do - let's hope it doesn't rain.
8. Start taking the **** out of NattyBoy and keep reminding myself not to follow Slob too closely round when exiting corners ;)
9.And finally, find the instruction manual on how to ride a bike. I haven't ridden one since last August...

S

Simon there may be a room at Kirkby Lodge still. Which is 100m from mallory track. A good number of us are staying there thursday nite.

simon_g
28-06-2011, 05:06 PM
not been here for while.....so is here anyone riding from London thursday afternoon (4-5pm) i can join??

I'll be heading up about 5.30ish from N4. No idea which way to go though, was considering a meander on A/B roads rather than straight up the M1.

desmo
28-06-2011, 05:28 PM
I have got an unexpected day off on Friday, so I am going to ride up & watch you lot roaring around Mallory, hopefully I will be able to take some half decent photos & video's at various points of the circuit & post them up somewhere for you all to look at & download.

Rally
28-06-2011, 05:33 PM
I have got an unexpected day off on Friday, so I am going to ride up & watch you lot roaring around Mallory, hopefully I will be able to take some half decent photos & video's at various points of the circuit & post them up somewhere for you all to look at & download.

Well done Desmo, that will be appreciated by all. :thumbsup:

slob
28-06-2011, 06:08 PM
Grand, it'll be good to see you there Simon.

I've got the day off so

I thought the boss was a slave driver...

J.P and I are at the Royal Arms, Sutton Cheney

NattyBoy
28-06-2011, 06:11 PM
Wahey,

S

Wahhheeyyyy indeed !!!! Where the b***y hell have you been my vertically challenged friend ??!! At least Louigi will be with me to fix your bike soft lad !!!

Be great to see you mate - its been yonks !

One more for the list for old times sake;

10) Listen to my dearest friend Nattyboy for advice. Do not therefore order a 5ft long BLT baguette and waddle/burp/fart myself to the start line after lunch. This will consequently reduce chances of bike/tarmac/arse interface within 3 minutes of first lap and allow for a far more productive day out...lol !!!

weeksy
28-06-2011, 08:47 PM
Wahhheeyyyy indeed !!!! Where the b***y hell have you been my vertically challenged friend ??!! At least Louigi will be with me to fix your bike soft lad !!!

Louigi is coming up? ideal oppertunity to get him to do my suspension :)

J.P
29-06-2011, 06:27 AM
Ducati Wolverhampton will be offering their services for advice on the day, including help with suspension.

Kato
29-06-2011, 08:03 AM
Ducati Wolverhampton will be offering their services for advice on the day, including help with suspension.

But apparently they are bringing a Diavel with them?.........So WTF do they know about bikes?????????

Funkatronic
29-06-2011, 08:08 AM
http://wdzinc.net/blog/wp-content/uploads/2008/02/broken_record.jpg

:D:biggrin:

S4Rs MacK
29-06-2011, 01:09 PM
Nice 1 Funk.

J.P
29-06-2011, 02:01 PM
But apparently they are bringing a Diavel with them?.........So WTF do they know about bikes?????????

You're soooo predictable.

weeksy
29-06-2011, 02:04 PM
JP, what do i need to do if i'm booking at this late stage ? Cash or paypal/card someone ?

I'm not 100% till 4.30pm but i think i should be up for it.

Kato
29-06-2011, 02:10 PM
You're soooo predictable.

Recognition.......at last:spin:

J.P
29-06-2011, 02:17 PM
No, for everyone, REMEMBER to bring your DRIVING LICENCE

J.P
29-06-2011, 02:18 PM
JP, what do i need to do if i'm booking at this late stage ? Cash or paypal/card someone ?

Hi, you can paypal me, justinphotis@mac.com

slob
29-06-2011, 03:30 PM

Just show up at 7:30 on Friday Steve, we'll find you a place

pegboy
29-06-2011, 06:06 PM
You might be able to buy my spot My bike has been taken out by a lorry whilst parked up at work. On route to ROSSO corse to wave his magic wand I hope!!

weeksy
29-06-2011, 07:02 PM
PAid. :) See you Friday lads.

desmo
29-06-2011, 07:10 PM
Whereabouts is the paddock access for bikes at Mallory?
I have always parked outside & walked over the bridge to get into the paddock, but as I am riding up Fri morning I don't fancy leaving the bike outside & lugging all my gear all around the circuit.

J.P
29-06-2011, 07:13 PM
You might be able to buy my spot My bike has been taken out by a lorry whilst parked up at work. On route to ROSSO corse to wave his magic wand I hope!!

Damn, you're luck is just ****e

J.P
29-06-2011, 07:14 PM
Desmo,
You have to ride onto the track, I think at the hairpin and then ride into the paddock.
Thus, once in, stuck in.

pegboy
29-06-2011, 07:22 PM
Well just dropped the bike off at ROSSO and rays already sent off a front fender to be sprayed black and will be rebuilding the bike tomorrow. Rock on fingers crossed

weeksy
29-06-2011, 07:24 PM
Desmo,
You have to ride onto the track, I think at the hairpin and then ride into the paddock.
Thus, once in, stuck in.

Correct.

They often open it up between sessions at the end of the day, but depends on their mood i guess.

steeevvvooo
29-06-2011, 07:28 PM
Paulo, that's bad new about the bike... but great news Ray is trying to fix it.

Fingers crossed for you mate...

Lochy
29-06-2011, 09:41 PM
I'll be heading up about 5.30ish from N4. No idea which way to go though, was considering a meander on A/B roads rather than straight up the M1.

have to stay at work till 6pm :( so if you want leave little bit late, tell me where i shoul meet you :)

scrapps
30-06-2011, 11:04 AM
Bike is on trailer outside workshop and i will be leaving work in the next 1/2hour :spin:
collecting Albie on the way and hope to be up in time for dinner.

P.S. my monster is up for sale so pop over and have a look if your at Mallory and are looking for 900ie

CK & AK
30-06-2011, 11:21 AM
AK's going up early morning - taking Tango M800 & Kato's bike.

Also taking some spares & parts for sale too. To find him in the paddock, he'll be in a white Vauxhall van, with Knight Road Race team on the sides - and a large Thundersport sticker centre of the bonnet............

Just don't keep him fixing bikes when he ought to be out enjoying himself on track as its his only one this year:p

Hope you all have a great day :)

CK

randall356
30-06-2011, 11:25 AM
I think someone said they didn't have their license earlier, can't remember who and my phone reception is too poor to look through the read.

I've just phoned no limits as I have left my paper part at home and I'm already 2 hours into my journey. They said no license is required at Maloney frona day run by no limits so there shouldn't be a problem.

Just letting you guys know to avoid any last minute flapping!

1100steve
30-06-2011, 11:44 AM
Bike all tensioned, lubed and polished. Now Sat at work trying to be productive but itching to get away.

Shall be heading from Witney at 5.30ish to Burford and up the A429 to Warwick and on to kirkby Mallory if anyone wants to ride up....

Where are you other guys staying in Kirkby planning to eat etc....?

Mand
30-06-2011, 07:37 PM
Ooo bike on trailer, sarnies made, leathers and lid packed and my race face is taped on my headlight.

Get in!!!!

J.P
30-06-2011, 10:27 PM
See you guys in the morning.

ladybird
30-06-2011, 10:33 PM
:( back is twinging so am not going to make it now :(
so there'll be a space in the novice group
hope the weather stays good and everyone has a good time

gary tompkins
01-07-2011, 08:11 AM
Hope all goes well today - looks like weather will be ok

MonstaChicky
01-07-2011, 08:32 AM
Aggggggggggghhhhhhhhhhhhhhh I'm sooooo jealous!!!

MrsC_772
01-07-2011, 05:02 PM
:yoparty::D:):thumbsup:

First of all a HUGE thank you to Slob and JP for organising today's trackday. I know it hasn't been without its stresses for the organisers, and I'm sure I won't be the last person to post that whatever you guys went through, it really was worth it for those of us who came along today.

Second another MASSIVE thank you to "Cafe Jo" (Rollo's other half Jo) for her generous hospitality keeping lots of hungry and thirsty monsteristi fed and watered. As the sort of person who'd much rather have a cheese sarnie and fruit for lunch than greasy spoon fare, her efforts were very much appreciated. There was effectively a bottomless teapot and a warm welcome (and not just for the Wilting Hampsters and Kenties who know Rollo & Jo from previous UKMOC events).

I've had an absolutely awesome time. :woot:I was one of the apprehensive novices who posted early this year unsure about doing a track day. I'm so glad I came. Sighting laps behind the No Limits guys meant we got feel for the layout of the track, and as the day went on my confidence and speed and smoothness through the corners just grew. Other more experienced riders commented on how my skill improved compared with first thing. My tyres are now respectably bobbly (not completely worn out from new in a single day like a certain person who now has 4 monsters in his collection). I even (much to my surprise) found myself overtaking! (Ok so I was overtken, sometimes several times by the same person in the same session, but I know I'm not a quick rider and I still had fun). Even when you weren't out on track, it was a great opportunity to put some faces to the names off the forum, and catch up with old friends. The atmosphere was really good, I guess because it was a club event among people you knew. Someone used the word "gentlemanly" - and I know exactly what they meant.

For all those people who were unsure and decided not to come - YOU MISSED A GREAT DAY OUT!

There were a few of us gathered at the end saying whatever it takes, the UKMOC must do another trackday. I'd have happily paid £150, not £115, and I'm not the only one. I'd much rather do another day among friends than surrounded by people who don't know me, don't care, and just want to get past no matter what.

Three cheers for Slob and JP!

Lochy
01-07-2011, 05:29 PM
Just want THANK YOU GUYS!!! great day out......have to leave earlier so did not go last session....

have some videos from fast group (mainly JP on them :) ) so will post it later here...

dunlop0_1
01-07-2011, 06:49 PM
+2 on that.
Excellent day and met some lovely new people. Also caught up with some old friends.

Thanks again to Slob, JP and anyone else who help organise today.

The only fly in the ointment was ths so called instructor for the novice briefing. Arrogant, unskilled loud mouth, and I heard that from several people.
No Limits? No idea....

number24
01-07-2011, 07:37 PM
What a FANTASTIC day! I had an absolute blast! Gerrards will have a place in my heart forever!

Massive well done and thank you to all involved in the organising/feeding etc.

weeksy
01-07-2011, 07:46 PM
Cracking pic of me and Crust

http://i248.photobucket.com/albums/gg167/weeksy59/ZX6R/Crustweeksy.jpg

number24
01-07-2011, 07:48 PM
Whats the websites for the two photographers?

weeksy
01-07-2011, 07:53 PM
Whats the websites for the two photographers?

PEte Wildman photography, pics won't be up yet. Crust bought that one on CD :)

Mand
01-07-2011, 08:00 PM
What a flipping ace day, I'm still grinning from ear to ear :biggrin:

A special thanks to my pit pirate too :heart::heart:

Alan c, we managed to listen to Simon mayo's drive time, sadly no rog records though, jp, Dave ended up with the san miguel but I was rewarded with peroni. Special surprise.

Dunlop 01 neil and Louise with that lovely monster, it was lovely to meet you both, I want to do oulton now but its Dave's turn on the 27th.

It was lovely to see some new faces and some old ones too, some older than others, AK, are benjimen button, you looked really well, I'll let charlotte take the credit for that!!

Oh slobbydog, you're ace from me and your boy xx

JerryT
01-07-2011, 08:29 PM
Glad you guys had an ace time and the weather was so good. Well done to UKMOC for organising it. I hope there'll be one next year so I and others who missed out this time get a chance to do it too. :ukm:

steeevvvooo
01-07-2011, 08:36 PM
+2 on that.

The only fly in the ointment was ths so called instructor for the novice briefing. Arrogant, unskilled loud mouth, and I heard that from several people.
No Limits? No idea....

I went over for some advice/tuition, and felt guilty for disturbing him eating :eyepopping: (rolled eyes, huffing and puffing etc). He asked to other guy to take me out (Dave I think, the younger guy) who was excellent!! Now, he was very friendly, helpful, and a genuinely nice and constructive guy. He went out with my mate Paul as well (on the black fireblade) and the very next session after geting feedback he got his knee down... for the first time in 8 years riding!!! :thumbsup:

:yoparty::D:):thumbsup:

Someone used the word "gentlemanly" - and I know exactly what they meant.

That was me! :) I was told I wasn't aggressive enough overtaking, but that really wasn't the point today. Why force past someone, who is probably on their first track day, when you can pass safely on the straight a quarter of a lap later. Most of the time I was happy sat behind Oz/Alan C/Number 24 going at a good pace, just having fun.

+2 again from me and Paul to Slob and J.P!!! :biggrin:

number24
01-07-2011, 08:46 PM
Im so gutted about missing out on the tuition, especially after you burned me on the session after yours!

Edit: The larger instructor didnt look like a guy that liked to be disturbed from his food....

BigOz
01-07-2011, 09:06 PM
Hi,

Back home having had a really good time, the trackday was so much fun.

There are many people to thank, thanks to Slob and J.P. for organising things, to Scrapps and Albie for Gazebo and snacks and to Jo for all your work and providing a wonderful lunch it was much appreciated and to everyone else for their company.

Andy

Albie
01-07-2011, 09:27 PM
I thoroughly enjoyed this trackday. 5 years from the last one and nice surface which allowed me to get a bit better round Gerrards. I did improve but much to learn but my confiance level has increased due to me wanting to learn.
Fun was had with a great bunch of mates continuing to help each other out. Jo and Rollo your stars and incredibly generous to come along and be hospitable. We did nothing but pay and turn up and sit under a gazebo.

Thanks to slob and justin for organising it. We all appreciate the trackday and also hope its an annual event if no every 2 years. I hope the extra money we raised helps you out to break even. If not we must raise more for you.
Thanks to all that came and had a great day. I know how hard it is too try and organise a product and sell short of targets. Hopefully next year we will have just monsters.

Thanks guys for a great day out

Rally
01-07-2011, 09:43 PM
I agree with all that has been said already about the thanks to Rob & Justin for the organising and Rollo & Jo for the food and drink all day. Thanks also to Stafford & Liz for bringing my rucksack back.

That was my 1st proper trackday and it won't be my last. The circuit was great and the gravel trap very good at slowing one down as well! The tyre managed to get me home and will be replaced tomorrow.

So, two records for me today; A front tyre written off in one day and secondly only 54 miles on a tankull of fuel from brim full to completely empty on the S4Rs! An MPG of under 20............

Worth every penny though. Mrs C is right, those that didn't come missed a great day. :thumbsup:

bigredduke
01-07-2011, 09:51 PM
Would have liked to have been there but a small matter of work got in the way. However, if Slob & Justin are out of pocket as a result, I would be happy to contribute to the shortfall. Hopefully, if a significant number of members send a little each, that should sort it out.

Can you suggest an amount please?

Funkatronic
01-07-2011, 10:13 PM
What an stonkingly fantabulos day, am totally shattered now and will sleep very well indeed shortly

Just wanted to say a massive thanks particularly to Rob and JP for putting it together and making it possible. i know it wasnt a stess free entreprise do you guys so i need you to know how much fun i had i aprreciated it. Guys you are proper Heros :hail:

Also big thanks to to Rollo and Jo to looking after us so well, and for Pegboy for getting me and the bike there and back in (almost!) :) 1 piece

Great to see so many faces i recognise and put names/faces to Nicknames and bikes i only know on here. All in all best day out for absolutely ages.
Will remember tanking it flat out round Gerrards for quite some time to come methinks

a triumph for the :ukm:

Kemp1
02-07-2011, 07:58 AM
Just wanted to add my thanks too to JP and Slob for letting me come at the last minute and to Jo for her great hospitality. A really big thank you to Rally and Dean (S4R Mack?) for taking me under their wing and introducing me to all you lovely folks!

A really fab day -very glad I came and I didn't chicken out! :biggrin:

Think I may need a new back tyre..

https://picasaweb.google.com/lh/photo/3k71Yr9H8919adivAfrBhtHdUQjetR8MUcr0iZAQ5zk?feat=d irectlink

Stafford
02-07-2011, 08:12 AM
An echo of all the previous posts with thanks to all including the weather gods who blessed us all. Glad I have the weekend to recover.
Maybe next time we could share the burden of the finances in some way?

weeksy
02-07-2011, 08:23 AM
My suggestion would be for example helpful to both the organiser and the people who are short on cash. Although would take a bit of Excel spreadhseet work but i'm sure someone could manage that. :)

Set up a paypal account (or use one already created).

Then people can pay in advance, pay chunks when they have £20 here or there, spreading the cost out.

That way, when Slob (or whoever) begins the process again he will have a couple of grand already in there. and ready to pay.

People need to help advertise it, post it on forums, post in places where some may see it who wouldn't, organise some flyers to go in dealers/bike shops etc etc. But mostly, word of mouth. People who came to yesterday as VERY newbies need to explain to other potential newbies how fantastic it was... get them coming.

BigOz
02-07-2011, 08:25 AM
Would have liked to have been there but a small matter of work got in the way. However, if Slob & Justin are out of pocket as a result, I would be happy to contribute to the shortfall. Hopefully, if a significant number of members send a little each, that should sort it out.

Can you suggest an amount please?

I didn't have much cash on the day for the whip and the day was so good I'd gladly contribute more towards the shortfall.

J.P
02-07-2011, 08:37 AM
Thanks for your kind comments everyone.
I too had a brilliant day. I was slower than most in the Fast group, but faster than some. :)

Albie
02-07-2011, 08:48 AM
My suggestion would be for example helpful to both the organiser and the people who are short on cash. Although would take a bit of Excel spreadhseet work but i'm sure someone could manage that. :)

Set up a paypal account (or use one already created).

Then people can pay in advance, pay chunks when they have £20 here or there, spreading the cost out.

That way, when Slob (or whoever) begins the process again he will have a couple of grand already in there. and ready to pay.

People need to help advertise it, post it on forums, post in places where some may see it who wouldn't, organise some flyers to go in dealers/bike shops etc etc. But mostly, word of mouth. People who came to yesterday as VERY newbies need to explain to other potential newbies how fantastic it was... get them coming.

Sadly most of that or all of that has been done. People can shy away because of nerves or distance to travel. Theres always a hard core element that will come. Positive feedback is most important imho and the fact that the event is NO PRESSURE.
In 3000 member plus I only manage to sell 100 calendars per year at £10 each. Beautiful quality but sadly not many buy as a NON profit. 10 of which go to Belgium.
We as a club run a tight ship with a break even scenario but the work involved by lots of us is all unpaid.
Its easy enough to organise the event its the committment thats difficult nowadays and no fault of any persons who may feel they cannot come.
Lets just hope we can book early and have the commitment for next year.
Put me down for sure.
On a Ducati

Funkatronic
02-07-2011, 09:23 AM
owwwwww i hurt today

still smiling though :D :thumbsup:

where are those neurofen .......

flash1605
02-07-2011, 09:30 AM
If it is feedback from Newbie's that you need then all I can say is that I had a blast.

I have have only had my 696 for a few months and joined the UKMOC a couple of weeks back so I was a little nervous pitching up to mallory, especially as there were obviously quite a few guys with pure track day machines.

I didn't need to worry, JP introduced himself straight away and then I then bumped into Rob as he was attending to hios machine - they both made me feel really welcome and within minutes I had made friends with a few other guys who were finding their feet. As far as the on track experience is concerned, I am not sure it can get much better, the weather was great, the surface fantastic and Gerarrds absolutely amazing. The intermediate group I was in was a mixed bunch but not at all intermedating. My tyres look now like they should - front and rear completely scuffed and wragged from edge to edge - and I have worn through the toe sliders on each boot.

I found my 696 to be a fantastic tool - the Termigs providing a great sound track (and some added oomph) and the slipper clutch making rapid down changes into the Esses and Hairpin a breeze. All in all an awesome experience - wish I was back there this morning.

Thank you to JP and Rob and all those that I bumped into for a fantastic day - looking forward to the next one.

As a few people have said, if you are looking at additional contributions to cover any shortfall in the financing I am happy to help out - at £115 I think yesterday has to be considered a bit of a bargain!?

steeevvvooo
02-07-2011, 09:56 AM
Think I may need a new back tyre..

That's what you get for hanging out with Rally!!

Big thanks again to Slob, JP, Jo, all the photographers for posting up pics etc. Sorry, I forgot to thanks everyone in my excitement last nigh how rude!... :o

simon_g
02-07-2011, 10:29 AM
Big thanks from me too - had a brilliant time and so rewarding to feel my riding improve with each session. So much more cornering confidence on the ride home!

utopia
02-07-2011, 11:35 AM
What a completely and utterly awesome day. Very, very many thanks to Rob and JP for organising. Thanks too to Rollo and Jo for coming along just to provide refreshments and hospitality.
For me, as a newcomer to trackdays, it was a truly life-affirming experience, and I cannot imagine a friendlier or less intimidating introduction to track riding. Thanks to all who encouraged me to sign up. You were so right... there was absolutely no pressure to be fast in the novice group, and I felt absolutely at ease going at my own pace, with nobody riding too close or pulling any last minute overtakes. As a result, I was able to gently explore the limits of riding at speeds that riding on the roads just doesn't allow, and I'm certain that my road riding will benefit massively from the experience. And my tyres are now well scuffed, right up to within a couple of mm of the edges, front and rear.
I'm struggling for words to adequately express how much I enjoyed the day. Awesome, awesome, just f***ing awesome. The grin was still on my face when I woke up this morning. Thanks so much to all who attended...it was nice to meet and chat to a few more of you
As others have said, we must make sure that this happens again, preferably on an annual basis. To that end it is important that any financial shortfall is made up. I would like to suggest that we start a list of people willing to take a share, and then simply divide the shortfall equally between the names on the list. Despite having a tight cashflow situation going on at the moment, I would be happy for my name to be first on such a list.
And next time, I will be able to offer a room or two overnight for those travelling from afar.
Lets start a list for next years event now.
Thanks again to you all. You've made a difference. Life will never be quite the same now.
:D:D:D:D:D:D

granite785
02-07-2011, 11:44 AM
A great big thank you to JP and Rob for organising this.

My confidence has increased hugely and my speed (which the Hampsters can say was only just double figures to start with!!)
I was being overtaken all the time but I didn't mind.
I did ask for some tuition from the big instructor after lunch and it really helped albeit scared the sh1t out of me :shocked: following him around the track at speeds which felt far too scarey for me to have tried by myself.
The next 2 sessions I was improving and getting quicker on the bends which was my only aim for the day - more confidence in the bike and its ability to get me round and stay in one piece. I had a couple of forays onto the grass, once at Gerrards but amazingly managed to keep the bike and myself in one piece :on:

For anyone who is a novice then a trackday is just what you need to gain more confidence in a safer environment (no cars, trucks, oil spills, dodgy surface, etc).
My confidence is much higher and I'm so much more in control of my bike now. I can now enjoy the roundabouts in Basingstoke rather than be scared of them.

By the end of the day I was still being overtaken but not quite as much and others commented that it looked like I was so much more confident on the bike.

Now to look forward to putting all these new skills into practice. I just wish that I had done a trackday years ago so as I will now enjoy my riding so much more.

Once again a huge thank you to the organisers and everyone who came. I had a brilliant day :yoparty:
:ukm:

crust
02-07-2011, 01:29 PM
Another big thanks to Rob and J.P

Superb day, on track and off, if slightly odd not being massively hung over for the first session or two on a Monster Club Trackday.

Great fun.

Rally
02-07-2011, 01:32 PM
I was slower than most in the Fast group, but faster than some. :)

Yeah, and its not fair joining us when me front tyres gone off! :p

1100steve
02-07-2011, 02:13 PM
What's not to like!? A paddock full of amazing bikes to look at, great likeminded people to chat to and the sound of a bunch of monsters at full chat up the hill to the hairpin - i'd pay the entry fee just for that! Seriously:cool: (short video of the fasties to follow !)

Many thanks to Slob and J.P for the opportunity to get aquainted with trackdays in such an unintimidating, relaxed and enjoyable way, I am already planning my next one so I can join the Inter's at the UKMOC trackday 2012, i'll pay up now if you want?:D

Thanks again folks! :ukm:

marchesini
02-07-2011, 03:10 PM
We all appreciate the trackday and also hope its an annual event if no every 2 years. I hope the extra money we raised helps you out to break even. If not we must raise more for you.

Hopefully next year we will have just monsters.

I had a great day - even though events were transpiring against me from making it at all but I'm glad I made the effort.

With regards to future trackdays and Monster only track events, I think it is optimistic at best. To be honest, I was really surprised at another one being organised - especially knowing the trouble that Terry used to have filling the last Monster days.

That said, I think that Ducati / Monster / Italian only days are possibly a way to go forward - and I'm not just saying that with an ulterior motive. Most - if not all Ducati only days have been well run without too many track day heroes. Most have nice bikes which they aren't going to risk being trashed so most are pretty respectful riders.

Maybe it's a Monster Day with a naughty bikes corner? Monsters are £110, whereas all others pay £130 (a £20 price premium). I wouldn't object to that. Monster owners are encouraged to come and 'have a go' as it's cheap(er) and other riders pay a bit extra. To be honest, the only reason anyone (other than a Monster owner) would want to go on a Monster trackday would be if they own / previously owned a Monster and wanted to meet up with old friends anyway? A Monster track day will be of very little interest for track day nutters anyway?

Nevertheless, hope you do eventually break even Rob. Glad I made you smile (at least my leathers) - I had a wicked day.

S

jotr1960
02-07-2011, 03:36 PM
I am a little embarassed by all the thanks.... I had the pleasure of all your company. Wish we'd brought the camper van again though cos the gas works much better!! My thanks have to go to Scrapps - without you and your trailer and ramp it would have been much harder work to get the butties served - hope the ducklings weren't in the back eating the crumbs when you got back to Kent. Everyone I spoke to when going round "collecting" said they had had a brilliant day - no doubt the reason for the generosity of donations. Quite a few commented on the lack of stoppages... which I learned normally spoils the day.

rac3r
02-07-2011, 04:40 PM
Wrong thread

johnsy
02-07-2011, 07:46 PM
I am a little embarassed by all the thanks.... I had the pleasure of all your company. Wish we'd brought the camper van again though cos the gas works much better!! My thanks have to go to Scrapps - without you and your trailer and ramp it would have been much harder work to get the butties served - hope the ducklings weren't in the back eating the crumbs when you got back to Kent. Everyone I spoke to when going round "collecting" said they had had a brilliant day - no doubt the reason for the generosity of donations. Quite a few commented on the lack of stoppages... which I learned normally spoils the day.

In totally agreement, fantasic day, even with a small spill...

Cheers to all involved :ukm:

flash1605
03-07-2011, 08:06 AM
Dear all,

A bit of a long shot ... somehow I lost the bolt that holds might right hand mirror on my 696 at Mallory on Friday ... it's black, about an inch long with an allen key head and left hand thread. If anyone happened to pick it up I would love to have it back!

Thx.

Andy

Gamsa
03-07-2011, 08:34 AM
If anyone's caught the trackday bug and fancies Donington on Tuesday, let me know!

randall356
03-07-2011, 09:23 AM
Photos are up ;

http://www.motorsportinfocus.co.uk/No%20Limits%2001.07.11%20Duke%20Day/album/

NattyBoy
03-07-2011, 09:29 AM
It's all been said I guess but top notch day and great hanging out with old mates. Shame I wasn't on a monnie but I'll try and sort that for next time !

Only 5hitter is the kneepads on my new super duper dainese leathers was in the wrong spot and I wore a hole in my leathers ... schoolboy errror !

Rally
07-07-2011, 05:23 PM
This is still being shown on the front opening page Rob.

Lochy
10-07-2011, 08:24 AM
1 lap with J.P.

http://vimeo.com/26210505

J.P
10-07-2011, 08:50 PM
Thank you for slowing down for me Petr. I kept waiting for you to go past so I could follow you, makes it look very lonely out there.
Though I have to say, I look alright going round those corners. :)

utopia
11-07-2011, 02:44 AM
What a great bit of film.
That brings it all flooding back.
I watched it repeatedly, wearing a stupid grin.
Thank you UKMOC and friends, for making it possible to do that, after wanting to for over 30yrs.
A truly awesome day.

Lochy
11-07-2011, 08:55 AM
Thank you for slowing down for me Petr. I kept waiting for you to go past so I could follow you, makes it look very lonely out there.
Though I have to say, I look alright going round those corners. :)

well I was quite happy following you...always easier to follow :)

and i better cut it short as few seconds later some lunetics just fly by :D

J.P
11-07-2011, 09:22 AM
What were you filming with by the way, quality is very good, the film, not my riding.

number24
11-07-2011, 10:14 AM
GoPro HD if im not mistaken

Lochy
11-07-2011, 10:31 AM
Yes, it's GoPro HD - but only 720p in this case as its limit on Vimeo...original is much better quality

J.P
11-07-2011, 10:43 AM
Well, well done you anyway. You should have let me know and I'd have filmed you going round. :)

Lochy
11-07-2011, 11:26 AM
Well, well done you anyway. You should have let me know and I'd have filmed you going round. :)

Ok then....26/07 evening Brands Hatch? ;)

J.P
11-07-2011, 12:29 PM
sorry, I'll be on my way to Oulton Park. :)

buzzbomb
14-07-2011, 03:40 PM
Justin what is the date of the oulton park track day????
I,m really pi**ed that I couldn,t attend the clubs track day but the tickets and B&B at mugello were already purchased so i,m affaid it was a no brainer

J.P
14-07-2011, 03:41 PM
Oulton Park is Wednesday 27th of July.

buzzbomb
14-07-2011, 03:45 PM
Thanks Justin, presently with the MOB

Midgetgem
16-02-2012, 08:36 AM
Do i have to pay as it is my birthday today? :yoparty:

J.P
16-02-2012, 09:19 AM
No you don't Midgetgem, plus the UKMOC trackday was held in 2011, and there is not one planned for 2012. :)

sapone cremoso
16-02-2012, 09:54 AM
I think we sould plan one for 2012, who's with me?

J.P
16-02-2012, 09:56 AM
A lot of people. You just have to put down the £10,000 to secure the track for the day, as we did last year, and then fill all the spaces.

slob
16-02-2012, 10:45 AM
I will find out about UK Ducati/Club/MSV trackdays this year and see if we can share one with DUK/DOC/DSC, that way we can have an all Ducati trackday without me getting any more grey hair.

J.P
16-02-2012, 10:59 AM
He lives !

sapone cremoso
16-02-2012, 02:56 PM
Thanks slob :yoparty:
That would be great :woot:
Nicely done for last year j.p way above my means but hopefully we can sort something for less on the table.:ukm:

Phatty
16-02-2012, 03:34 PM
Edit

ignore that, just seen it was for 2011........

slob
16-02-2012, 04:30 PM
He lives !

not for long with any luck (at my age)

Spareparts
16-02-2012, 10:14 PM
I'm new around here, but if there were a Ducati/Monster trackday, I'd sign up! Really want to take the Monster out on track and see what she can do :)