PDA

View Full Version : Cheshire Bike Safe - March Dates

LouSCannon
12-01-2011, 04:44 PM
I've been on the waiting list for a while for the Cheshire Bike Safe course, having done the Essex one I was quite keen to see how the Cheshire course differs as well as find some good local roads...

Details have just been emailed to me and I've pasted below, a very different format to Essex, and also a bit more expensive... regardless I will be attending as I'm looking to cram in as many track days and courses as I can this year...

Evening Lectures
15th and 16th March 7.00 pm - 10.00 pm Cheshire Police Headquarters
(Winsford)

Rideout
Saturday 19th March (2 hour rideout) Tarvin Sands Cafe

You must attend both evening lectures and the rideout to complete the
workshop. Cost is £80.

Many thanks
Sarah Carter
National BikeSafe Co-ordination / Road Policing Unit

Tel: 01244 615254
Sarah.Carter@cheshire.pnn.police.uk

LouSCannon
17-03-2011, 05:03 PM
So, I've just done the two evening sessions and have to admit it was all excellent stuff. Covered a lot more IAM standard things then we did in the Essex bike safe. Very friendly lecturers running it and a good crowd in the class.

Seems like Bike Safe is taking off as Cheshire now has a waiting list of over 100 people....

Get two hours one on one with a Police rider on Saturday, looking forward to it!

Mr Cake
17-03-2011, 05:12 PM
You'll also find them milling around Broxton roundabout truck stop with their tent. Surprised you got anywhere with all the bloody potholes!

C

LouSCannon
17-03-2011, 05:14 PM
Ride out starts form Tarvin Sands, you know it Cake?

Mr Cake
17-03-2011, 05:54 PM
I think its the one near Beeston market. Just t'other side of the railway bridge.

EDIT: I don't think it is actually...

We'll have to get out sometime matey! We're on about getting across to see young George.

C

JerryT
17-03-2011, 05:54 PM
Yes, well worth it, IMO. Just did one with Hampshire Police for £75. Top blokes, all genuinely concerned that bikers should hone their road riding skills to be safer. I would recommend most people to consider it. From my point of view, as I'm doing a RoSPA Advanced Riding course as well, it was a useful reference point on where my skills are deficient right now. Throw some track days in as well (e.g.: UKMOC!!) and I'm hoping it will help me towards a good balance of abilities. That is my plan, so it is. :D

PDL
17-03-2011, 11:15 PM
Did the Cheshire one last year for free!

John one of the lecturers and a bike cop runs a ride out form SPOD in Warrington too.

LouSCannon
18-03-2011, 07:49 AM
Yeah John gave me the details, April 3rd is the next one, which I'll miss due to the big Wootton Bassett ride out... but will see if I can't make the next one, also talking to John about his touring business for next year...